Author Topic: No excuses as Tigers grow up says Newman / Boots and all for US-bound Tigers  (Read 8065 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Yeah cheers TBR... :thumbsup

Look at it anyway you want people, doesn't matter if he hasn't directly mentioned finals or else.....half a brain would work out that's what he meant....

Headline says "NO EXCUSES"....... Pretty obvious what that means.
Finishing ninth next year would still be improvement on 2011  ;)  :o  :outtahere

If you think finishing 9th is an improvement MT....up to you, it would a real let down IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

I don't think the club are backing away from anything

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Look at it anyway you want people, doesn't matter if he hasn't directly mentioned finals or else.....half a brain would work out that's what he meant....

Finishing ninth next year would still be improvement on 2011  ;)  :o  :outtahere
If you think finishing 9th is an improvement MT....up to you, it would a real let down IMO.
I was just be facetious WAT but ladder-wise finishing ninth would be classed by the media as improvement. Personally though I won't be judging improvement on where we finish on the ladder but more on how we improve and play gamestyle wise as a team, how we stack up against the top sides and how many more cubs have breakout years and show top quality class potential. For mine I'd rather see up push the top sides over 4 quarters as that sign of genuine competitiveness would mean we are showing real improvement towards where we need to get to irrespective of where we finish on the ladder and how many wins we end up with. Whereas beating a few more mediocre and bottom sides next year while still getting flogged by 10+ goals by every top side would still leave huge question marks over us and whether we can bridge the gap despite the win column looking better on paper.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

I was just be facetious WAT but ladder-wise finishing ninth would be classed by the media as improvement. Personally though I won't be judging improvement on where we finish on the ladder but more on how we improve and play gamestyle wise as a team, how we stack up against the top sides and how many more cubs have breakout years and show top quality class potential. For mine I'd rather see up push the top sides over 4 quarters as that sign of genuine competitiveness would mean we are showing real improvement towards where we need to get to irrespective of where we finish on the ladder and how many wins we end up with. Whereas beating a few more mediocre and bottom sides next year while still getting flogged by 10+ goals by every top side would still leave huge question marks over us and whether we can bridge the gap despite the win column looking better on paper.

Fair enough MT, just think we can make the 8..

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hey WAT, what happened to that meeting, running late hey? Well well, you should make sure all meetings start on time and run to schedule..... NO EXCUSES!!!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Hey WAT, what happened to that meeting, running late hey? Well well, you should make sure all meetings start on time and run to schedule..... NO EXCUSES!!!
:lol :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

I didn't organize the start time or the re schedule time, god, get a life.....

The Tigers are in charge of their year.....and they know what that is.... :wallywink

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

Cmon TFT I thought you were wittier than to find that even slightly amusing.. :help

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT

Cmon TFT I thought you were wittier than to find that even slightly amusing.. :help

Lolz  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
By the way, I think he started calling himself ''Pup" ::)

:nope :nope

:thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Bump.....gee should we merge all the NO EXCUSES threads before there are too many...... ;D ;D ;D

"Rucks:

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
well after this there are no more excuses for no more excuses articles thank stuff
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
well after this there are no more excuses for no more excuses articles thank stuff

Never say never.... :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Ox

So,what is it.....................

A) - RICHMOND captain Chris Newman says 2012 is the year for the Tigers to shake the "young team" tag.

OR

B) - "We are a young side and a developing side"

FFS! ::)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
there sure as heck better not be any excuses, we have facilities second to none , a young list to die for and a pre season camp usually reserved for Olympic outfits...we have never been better prepared to launch an almighty assault on this years top 8. if we fail then id expect a number of sackings :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled