Author Topic: Backmen = Depth  (Read 9307 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Backmen = Depth
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 02:12:02 PM »
What a poo thread. Honestly. Barely 10 posts since 2011.

Give it a rest, WAT.

Get backmen... :thumbsup

Get backmen, yet you want to trade one of them away...  :huh

:huh :huh.....who??? I didn't say anything about trading a backman out of the club.

Sorry, got you mixed up with Mrakov, my apologies.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »
Sorry, got you mixed up with Mrakov, my apologies.

harsh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
harsh on who?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Guus Graham coburg ressies
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 03:27:50 PM »
Morris. Grimes. Astbury.
Batchelor. Rance. Ellis.
Newman. Martin. Conca.
Deledio. Griffiths. Nahas.
Vickery. Riewoldt. King.
Ivan Maric. Cotchin. Foley.
Houli. Dea. Post. Helbig.

2s.
Heslin. Wright. Webberly.
Verrier. Mcgaune. Moore.
White. Tuck. Edwards.
Darrou. Elton. Grigg.
Browne. Miller. Adam Maric.
Derickx. Jackson. Arnot.
Macdonald. Connors. Ohalon. Turner.

Chaplin has been bought in for Astbury who needs to pull the finger out if he wants to take part in the richmond vfl premiership. Apart from that it seems the likes of deledio? martin. ellis? will be roated thou the seniors backline

Morris. Grimes. Astbury.
Batchelor. Rance. Ellis.

Heslin. Wright. Webberly.
Verrier. Mcgaune. Moore.

Depth players have been turned over. Wright. McGaune for Mcintosh. darrou. moore for astbury. a similar story with the small/mids

nothing to write home about, really.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 04:13:19 PM »
Since when was Graham Dutch?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 10:27:52 PM »
Gardener doesn't need to be released. He either plays loose or plays on a gimp anyway.

Except when he got a bath against Tippet

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 12:17:36 AM »
#standbyWebberly

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 12:44:18 AM »
Webbers run of a mill

A gun Irishman who isn't scared to live without mummy would be good

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »
I still this is our Achilles heel, 8 goals kicked against us yesterday by two forwards, cant remember last week. It seems we cant really contain the big bodied tall forwards to one or two goals each.

In Dimma's words Astbury more or less beat Cloke but how will that pan out in the season proper?? Old mate kicked 5 so he really wasn't well held.

Must make a play for Frawley and another key back in the off season IMO. This is the only area we are very venerable should Rance, Grimes or Chappy go down.

Imagine yesterday with no Rance or Chappy..

Its all fine and good to say don't let the ball go past the HB line or don't let them get it out of the center..etc...but when the opposition do and they will, we will be caught short down there. Sydney could absolutely blow us out of the water with Buddy and Tippet, so could the Eagles with Cox and Nik Nat.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 11:48:49 AM »
Agree we are a frawley away from a flag IMO. We have the rest of the pieces on the list who just need to develop a bit more.

Having said that I thought Astbury did a very good job. Cloke kicked some when pies went coast to coast and he'd kick them on frawley as well.

tony_montana

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 11:49:31 AM »
yep

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 12:04:23 PM »
Astbury was the best of our 3 tall backmen yesterday.  Surprised me a bit and was interesting to hear Newman mention in an interview that he (Astbury) has spent a lot of time in the gym getting building up bulk and strength to make him more competitive against the opposition big forwards.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 12:19:33 PM »
Astbury was the best of our 3 tall backmen yesterday.  Surprised me a bit and was interesting to hear Newman mention in an interview that he (Astbury) has spent a lot of time in the gym getting building up bulk and strength to make him more competitive against the opposition big forwards.

That's all fine and good Smokey but its one game, yes positive but a pre season meaningless game.

I hope he can sustain it and he will need to, if he performs the same next week this will be another step forward, if he doesn't????

We need ready established backmen.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 01:16:14 PM »
Gave me a heart attack every time he had to dispose of the ball, but yes he did well

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2014, 03:25:15 PM »

That's all fine and good Smokey but its one game, yes positive but a pre season meaningless game.

I hope he can sustain it and he will need to, if he performs the same next week this will be another step forward, if he doesn't????

We need ready established backmen.

Yep, but if everyone is happy to jump on the Griff bandwagon after yesterday's game then they have to jump on Astbury's because the circumstances are almost identical.  Neither of them did enough to convince me they have fully turned the corner and it will take a shedload more than one practice match to do that but at least there were some good signs from both of them.  Up until yesterday I hadn't seen squat from either of them to suggest they had a future.