Author Topic: FEVOLA / Tigers take a nibble at Fevola  (Read 25016 times)

Offline Officer Barbrady

• Tiger Rookie
  • OK, move along people nothing to see here.........
Re: FEVOLA / Tigers take a nibble at Fevola
« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2007, 11:17:18 AM »
He won't be going anywhere, I'd be willing to put a lot of money on that.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #211 on: July 03, 2007, 12:24:48 PM »
Newman and Fev are friends because they grew up together, living next door (or thereabouts) to each other.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: July 03, 2007, 05:10:43 PM »
Newman and Fev are friends because they grew up together, living next door (or thereabouts) to each other.

they must be close friends because newman was fevs best man

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Fev will stay at Carlton - Plough
« Reply #213 on: July 03, 2007, 05:50:41 PM »
Ch 10 just showed Plough today saying Fev isn't on his radar. Reckons Fev will remain at Carlton.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fev will stay at Carlton - Plough
« Reply #214 on: July 03, 2007, 06:21:57 PM »
Ch 10 just showed Plough today saying Fev isn't on his radar. Reckons Fev will remain at Carlton.

of course terry would say that, we will not look desparate and say we want him

i bet if carlton said we will give u fev for schulz and tiv, terry would say, no problem, deal done

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #215 on: July 03, 2007, 07:12:24 PM »
If anyone throws a deal for Tivendale, I'd say show me where to sign.

Hell, I'd sign over my soul  ;)  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2007, 11:24:33 PM »

i bet if carlton said we will give u fev for schulz and tiv, terry would say, no problem, deal done
True X but I hope Plough's being serious. Fev will be 27 by the start of next season. By 2011 when our cubs will hit their peak he'll be 30.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
No interest in Fevola: Wallace
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2007, 04:29:39 AM »
No interest in Fevola: Wallace
8:14 PM Tue 3 July, 2007
By Michael Tormey,
for richmondfc.com.au

TERRY Wallace has all but ruled out trading for out-of-favour Carlton spearhead Brendan Fevola, saying he would prefer to develop the club from within.

While West Coast, the Western Bulldogs and Sydney have all signalled their interest in talking with the controversial Blue should he not come to a resolution with his club, Wallace said he would prefer to see Fevola finish his career at the club he joined as a teenager.

"My take on it is that I love to see good players finish with their original clubs," Wallace said at his weekly Tuesday press conference.

"I think it's a really good thing in the competition when players do that. I never did – I jumped from two or three clubs – but I think it's a great thing when players finish with their original club.

"So if you're asking me a question (about whether I'd be interested in Fevola) I think it'd be great if he finished with the Carlton Football Club.

"But it's not even part of the equation at the moment so I don't want to create a headline. As soon as you open your mouth in this business you are back-page news."

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=46522

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2007, 07:47:32 AM »

True X but I hope Plough's being serious. Fev will be 27 by the start of next season. By 2011 when our cubs will hit their peak he'll be 30.

we dont want to wait til our cubs mature and reach 2011 to taste some finals footy and success

having fev there will help these kids develop whilst richo is gone, as i have a real strong feeling next yr will be richos last

also, what if cleve does not come on like jay hasnt, or players get serious injuries

fevola is a player we must chase to add experience and match winning ability to our fwd line cos richo, no matter how good he is, is no longer a matchwinner

Bulluss

« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2007, 07:08:19 PM »

cos richo, no matter how good he is, is no longer a matchwinner
[/quote]

That is a ridiculous statement, Richo certainly has the ability to win the game off his own boot still.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2007, 09:03:21 PM »
my little birdie whispered  the fleabag  might find himself quite comfortable in  the western suburbs

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2007, 11:50:41 PM »

we dont want to wait til our cubs mature and reach 2011 to taste some finals footy and success

having fev there will help these kids develop whilst richo is gone, as i have a real strong feeling next yr will be richos last

also, what if cleve does not come on like jay hasnt, or players get serious injuries

fevola is a player we must chase to add experience and match winning ability to our fwd line cos richo, no matter how good he is, is no longer a matchwinner
Fev won't come cheap though. He's still contracted until the end of 2008 so we would have to do a trade. It's not like we'll get him for free in the PSD. If Cleve doesn't come on then all the more reason we need to keep our picks and bring more KPP youngsters through. I want success as soon as possible too X but not at the expense of the future. We're not on the bottom of the ladder for nothing. I reckon Richo will hang around until at least 2009. No reason at the moment to see why not. He hasn't slowed down nor is hindered by chronic soft tissue injuries. He might even get to 300 games.

Speaking of Fev, according to Ch 10 he went off at Pagan while in Perth, and along with his on-field demeanour, was the final straw for Pagan so Carlton suspended him.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2007, 09:37:26 AM »

cos richo, no matter how good he is, is no longer a matchwinner

That is a ridiculous statement, Richo certainly has the ability to win the game off his own boot still.

[/quote]

has he, wow, he has played some real good games this yr, take the game v the bombers, played a gr8 game and was injured too! but his fantastic (not) kicking cost us the game, he has had real chances to kick goals that matter but he chokes

when was the last time richo won a game for us of his own boot??????

he has lost the ability to destroy teams, i reckon many teams let him get the ball, cos when he is on the wing taking all those marks, 9 times out of ten he stuffs up his disposal or kicks to the wrong option.  he has lost some pace and agility(in tha past dal santo would never have caught him) and that was a crucial time in the game also!

sorry but richo is a workhorse , not a matchwinner. brown is the only matchwinner we have

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2007, 10:30:48 AM »

when was the last time richo won a game for us of his own boot???

I don't think that's necessarily the point.

There is a best on ground every game but there is not often a matchwinner "off their own boot" so it's a big ask.

I believe that Richo is one of perhaps a dozen AFL players still capable of winning a game like that - he's done it many times and is still our only player capable of doing it more than once - again. He's been very close recently.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2007, 11:47:37 AM »

when was the last time richo won a game for us of his own boot???

I don't think that's necessarily the point.

There is a best on ground every game but there is not often a matchwinner "off their own boot" so it's a big ask.

I believe that Richo is one of perhaps a dozen AFL players still capable of winning a game like that - he's done it many times and is still our only player capable of doing it more than once - again. He's been very close recently.

capable yes, but does he actually produce

is it just me or have others noticed that richo now even struggles to make the distance from 50 out.  he is a star, a workhorse, and champ, but his time has come

Fev won't come cheap though. He's still contracted until the end of 2008 so we would have to do a trade. It's not like we'll get him for free in the PSD. If Cleve doesn't come on then all the more reason we need to keep our picks and bring more KPP youngsters through. I want success as soon as possible too X but not at the expense of the future. We're not on the bottom of the ladder for nothing. I reckon Richo will hang around until at least 2009. No reason at the moment to see why not. He hasn't slowed down nor is hindered by chronic soft tissue injuries. He might even get to 300 games.

Speaking of Fev, according to Ch 10 he went off at Pagan while in Perth, and along with his on-field demeanour, was the final straw for Pagan so Carlton suspended him.

i dont want fev if it costs too much, but say, if we gave up jay and tiv for him, or jay and krak, or jay and sugar etc, i say go for it.

but at no time must we trade a cleve or jack or draft picks for him, if they want him out and if fev wants out, it must be on our terms or nothing

my gut feeling is he will end up in sydney