Author Topic: Rudd Resigns  (Read 11679 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rudd Resigns
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2012, 01:21:09 PM »
All I can say is we have very short memories. Rudd was a disaster.

People didn't take to the streets in protest when he was deposed. It was more like "Oh Well, glad that fool is gone. Maybe this new chick can breathe a bit of fresh air into the leadership." Little did we know at the time was that she suffers from a bad case of Halitosis! (and Flags, no that is not the name of a new Greek aligned Melbourne A League Franchise  ;D)

yes I agree rudd was a disaster.
But I like his stance against the factional powerbrokers in the ALP.

But in terms of running the country the sooner we pee off this stupid party with it's stupid ideas & stupid waste of taxpayers money the better off we will all be in the long run.

Rudd has his own factional powerbrokers. right now they're running around convincing, conniving, coercing, blackmailing?, as many people as possible to vote for rudd.

hopefully he loses on monday, effs off and we never hear from him again.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »
After listening to Rudd last speech, other than the crap he said about Abbott (i noticed he didnt have any quotes regarding Abbotts supposed misogyny) i agreed with almost everything he said.

I truly believe that rudd is on track in giving the caucus the democrating right to vote the way they want without factional powerbrokers muscling them.
I personally was a member of a union for 19 years  because i had to not because it was my choice but when we asked them to help us the union was useless. According to recent results unions only make up about 20% of the workforce but the ALP are ruled by union factionism .
If rudd can pull this off & allow true democracy to be apart of the ALP then i will possibly be able to vote for them again one day(if i agree with their policies). Although he'd want to change the ALP constitution first.

Well done K Rudd! I hope you can help revolutionise the party. Stick it up all those stupid factions.
 :clapping :clapping :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »
All I can say is we have very short memories. Rudd was a disaster.

People didn't take to the streets in protest when he was deposed. It was more like "Oh Well, glad that fool is gone. Maybe this new chick can breathe a bit of fresh air into the leadership." Little did we know at the time was that she suffers from a bad case of Halitosis! (and Flags, no that is not the name of a new Greek aligned Melbourne A League Franchise  ;D)

yes I agree rudd was a disaster.
But I like his stance against the factional powerbrokers in the ALP.

But in terms of running the country the sooner we pee off this stupid party with it's stupid ideas & stupid waste of taxpayers money the better off we will all be in the long run.

Rudd has his own factional powerbrokers. right now they're running around convincing, conniving, coercing, blackmailing?, as many people as possible to vote for rudd.

hopefully he loses on monday, effs off and we never hear from him again.
Al, he's not apart of a faction. I previously posted a link of leaked wiki-leaks that were published about the factions of the ALP in 2009.
Just in case you missed it.
http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/read-the-us-cable-on-alp-factions-20101217-190f7.html

if you read it you'll notice that it's all about factionalism in the ALP.

Rudd is trying to take away the power of the factions & return power to the sitting members of the party and I applaud him for that.
The club that keeps giving.

dwaino

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2012, 05:42:41 PM »
If he loses the spill I hope he retires. I doubt his seat will re-elect Labour. He gets to stuff over Gillard either way. Good bye ALP.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »
The question for me is, if rudd happens to win back the leadership, who becomes treasurer? Surely he couldnt keep swan on after his comments about rudd, and really, swan has done a pretty good job.

pretty good job?

Sorry but i dont count announcing to the country  Australians should vote with their feet and move to a different lender, as being a very difficult thing to do.

the guy is a puppett and repeats the same crap every time i hear him. China this surplus by 2013, shame on banks etc etc

give me a spell useless fool

Any chance you can tell us what he done wrong in managing the economy?

l

He took over from the Costello who had the country in the best shape. Fueled by China we are in fantastic shape, not by anything that Swan has done. He was part of a government who wasted countless money and after he is long gone, someone else will have to come in and fix up that party's mess.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2012, 06:21:36 PM »
Al, he's not apart of a faction. I previously posted a link of leaked wiki-leaks that were published about the factions of the ALP in 2009.
Just in case you missed it.
http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/read-the-us-cable-on-alp-factions-20101217-190f7.html

if you read it you'll notice that it's all about factionalism in the ALP.

Rudd is trying to take away the power of the factions & return power to the sitting members of the party and I applaud him for that.

He may not be a member of any faction Mr Tigra but he used them in the past to get the leadership prior to the last election. Actually wnet to Gillard's faction to set the wheels in motion

He attacks them now but as I said has had no problems in the past using them for his political advantage

And just watching the news and he is now saying this leadership issue is about trust  :o This from a man who refuses to confirm or categorically deny that he leaked damaging info to Laurie Oakes to sabotaged the last election campaign. Trust? Please kev me a break

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2012, 06:23:12 PM »
If he loses the spill I hope he retires. I doubt his seat will re-elect Labour. He gets to stuff over Gillard either way. Good bye ALP.

Big politics follower?

Labor has a two seat majority complements of Peter Slipper taking the Speaker's job.

...and that was another example of Abbott's arrogance/stupidity. They, the Libs, made it obvious to all and sundry that they were going to get rid of Slippery Pete so guess what happened?

Anyway back to Rudd, there is no way he will retire as that will just prove all the things the nasty Labor people have been saying about him.

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »
Anyway back to Rudd, there is no way he will retire as that will just prove all the things the nasty Labor people have been saying about him.

True.... he'll linger like a bad smell sooking on the backbenches ala Keating

And we know what happened there

And his numbers are poor

Ch7 news said of the 13 QLD members he only has 3 votes and his own is one of those  :lol

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2012, 07:09:22 PM »

True.... he'll linger like a bad smell sooking on the backbenches ala Keating

And we know what happened there

And his numbers are poor

Ch7 news said of the 13 QLD members he only has 3 votes and his own is one of those  :lol

If (and probably when) he loses, possibly the most damaging thing he could do is become an independent. One less sitting labor member.

BTW, how's that investigation going into Craig 'credit card' Thomson going  :whistle

dwaino

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2012, 07:19:54 PM »

Big politics follower?

Labor has a two seat majority complements of Peter Slipper taking the Speaker's job.

...and that was another example of Abbott's arrogance/stupidity. They, the Libs, made it obvious to all and sundry that they were going to get rid of Slippery Pete so guess what happened?

Big knob in general?

I was referring to the ALP losing his seat all together and them relying on independents to form government in the first place.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2012, 07:22:25 PM »
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2012, 07:24:12 PM »

BTW, how's that investigation going into Craig 'credit card' Thomson going  :whistle

:sleep

dwaino

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2012, 07:25:58 PM »

Big knob in general?

:bow

No need to be a tosser to someone you wouldn't know from a bar of soap.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:34:43 PM by one-eyed »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »

Big knob in general?

:bow

No need to be a tosser to someone you wouldn't know from a bar of soap.

You misread my bow

apologies for any offence

'65