Author Topic: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference (video and summary)  (Read 519 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick's aftermatch media conference (video and summary)
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:22:12 AM »
Dimma after the game ...

http://bigpondvideo.com/RichmondTV/427446//

* First half was a truer reflection of where we are at. Took 5-6 senior players off at half-time and then the other 2-3 at 3/4 time. Things to work on like freo. Gave young guys some match experience.

* Backline at one stage in the second half had just a total of 83 games experience and McGuane had 80 of those. Something the young guys can build on.

* Ellis was very good and got better as the game went along. Thereabouts for round 1. Helbig and Batch good too. Strength of Arnot at centre bounces was another positive. Positive signs with the younger players coming through.

* Addam Maric uses ball very well. Knows he needs to work on his defensive side and he worked on that again tonight. Certainly has put himself in line for that rookie upgrade spot.

* Ivan Maric was very good in the first half he played. We were up in clearances comfortably in the first half. 2nd week of NAB Cup was going to be our lighter week. Freo's lighter week will be next week.

* Dusty - Up his gametime next week. Wanted to just get a half into him this week. Still a young player in only his 3rd year but has played a lot of footy in his two years. All about managing his workload.

* Cotch, Foley, Lids, Grigg, Grimes, etc will be back next week and Rance will play a full game. So 7-8 players coming back.

* Vickery - second knock so we took him off as a precaution. Would've played on if it was a Home/Away match. Our structure looked really good and solid but we then rested Ty, Jack and Miller. Good experience for the younger players.

* Dimma said he thinks Freo is around the mix with us. Their press was very good. Freo showed good signs - Hill impressive and magical things happen when he has the ball, Ballantyne and Neill were good also. Sandliands and Pav didn't play so Freo will get them back.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma upbeat (RFC)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:24:23 PM »
Dimma upbeat
richmondfc.com.au
Mon 05 Mar, 2012

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick took several positives out of the Tigers’ second-round NAB Cup loss to Fremantle in last Sunday’s second round NAB Cup clash at Patersons Stadium.

An undermanned Tiger team worked hard to get within a goal of the Dockers 10 minutes into the last quarter, before the home side steadied and kicked the last five goals of the match to win by 38 points.

Richmond went into the game without players such as Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Nathan Foley, Daniel Jackson, Shaun Grigg and Dylan Grimes, and then rested the likes of skipper Chris Newman, Dustin Martin, Ivan Maric, Ty Vickery, Bachar Houli and Alex Rance in the second half. 

Read more and full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/130084/default.aspx

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference (video and summary)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:14:07 PM »
Dockers were missing Barlow, Sandi, Munday and Pavlich.
Arguably, had they converted their chances in the 1st half the game could've been closed out by half time.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”