Author Topic: NAB Cup Round 2 - Tigers vs Freo  (Read 24324 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: NAB Cup Round 2 - Tigers vs Freo
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »
Grow up, man. If you can't discuss something properly then go troll somewhere else.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2012, 11:55:50 PM »
According to RFCO, Hardwick praised Ellis, Helbig and Batch after the game tonight.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2012, 11:58:28 PM »
 >:(
According to RFCO, Hardwick praised Ellis, Helbig and Batch after the game tonight.

Funny how the coach sees it differently isn't it, everyone bagged Batchs game....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2012, 11:59:34 PM »
not everyone. thought he was very handy. made a few mistakes but worked his ass off

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:11 AM »
Grow up, man. If you can't discuss something properly then go troll somewhere else.

Let's discuss it then! Maric rucked the first half and our second string midfield dominated more so than we have in years fact! Gus dosent have a tank and has little influence in the center circle and less influence around ghe ground fact! You are trying to defend the indefensible dude, if I were you I would just sit back and watch Maric continually do poo that Gus could only dream of and get used to it  ;)

tony_montana

« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2012, 12:03:48 AM »
Put a line through webberley, dea, white and mcguane. Morris just needs to improve decision making, he can play. Batch is trying to be too cute with setting up play, he's been given more responsibility bc he's a good kick and is a smart player, he's just got to find the right balance. A.maric has done enough, elevate him. Thought we finished with way to green a side, shouldn't get blownnaway like that.... it's all well and good to say big deal 7 goal loss with players missing, what happens next week when we play a full side against Geelong if we cop a 10 goal battering?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2012, 12:05:23 AM »
I think this is the wrong thread for ruck dept guys... But here's my take
I honestly think last year before the season started they were looking at having the option of Gus, Browne, Derikx backed by Vickery and Griffs being able to come in for vicks and Miller there as a supportive tall.

We all know what unfolded last year and with limited options in trade week, we have Ivan Maric.
He will be servicable and aim to keep his spot.
If by the time FA comes in and we have the $$$ for an A grade ruck, I could bet on the club making that move..
I see Ivan as a short term sollution, who will be given the chance to make the role his to keep. If not cyaz
Just how I see this, could be totally wrong bout it all though
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2012, 12:05:33 AM »

Let's discuss it then! Maric rucked the first half and our second string midfield dominated more so than we have in years fact! Gus dosent have a tank and has little influence in the center circle and less influence around ghe ground fact! You are trying to defend the indefensible dude, if I were you I would just sit back and watch Maric continually do poo that Gus could only dream of and get used to it  ;)

What does Gus have to do with Maric playing an average at best game and then getting talked about like we've traded in Polly Farmer? Maric is an average player. Nothing more. Gus, Browne or whoever you want to compare him with doesn't change that FACT. I'm not defending anything. I suggest you search my 2011 posts on Angus Graham. Or hop onto Y&B and look at my old posts on him. I've been one of his toughest critics

6 touches, 2 marks (one was very good) and a couple of bad turnovers. Yes his effort is good (that's why we traded for him) but he was nothing special.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #263 on: March 05, 2012, 12:06:23 AM »
I think this is the wrong thread for ruck dept guys... But here's my take
I honestly think last year before the season started they were looking at having the option of Gus, Browne, Derikx backed by Vickery and Griffs being able to come in for vicks and Miller there as a supportive tall.

We all know what unfolded last year and with limited options in trade week, we have Ivan Maric.
He will be servicable and aim to keep his spot.
If by the time FA comes in and we have the $$$ for an A grade ruck, I could bet on the club making that move..
I see Ivan as a short term sollution, who will be given the chance to make the role his to keep. If not cyaz
Just how I see this, could be totally wrong bout it all though

sounds fair enough mate

dwaino

« Reply #264 on: March 05, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »
>:(

Funny how the coach sees it differently isn't it, everyone bagged Batchs game....

Besides a couple obvious dud kicks, I thought he was pretty good too. Good body size and does all the things a running defender does- chase, tackle, spoil, rebound. He did all pretty well tonight IMO.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2012, 12:12:15 AM »
Did someone post we should axe Gus and Browne because we have maric now??
I agree about Dea and webbers
But if maric goes down, we Gus and Browne- regardless of past form.

Shake and Bake  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2012, 12:13:10 AM »
I would like to see mini Maric keep king out of the side for the whole season!

Maric would play a different role. Does not put enough effort into chasing players and tackling. Good offensive player though

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2012, 12:16:18 AM »

What does Gus have to do with Maric playing an average at best game and then getting talked about like we've traded in Polly Farmer? Maric is an average player. Nothing more. Gus, Browne or whoever you want to compare him with doesn't change that FACT. I'm not defending anything. I suggest you search my 2011 posts on Angus Graham. Or hop onto Y&B and look at my old posts on him. I've been one of his toughest critics

6 touches, 2 marks (one was very good) and a couple of bad turnovers. Yes his effort is good (that's why we traded for him) but he was nothing special.

Where have I said he was anything more than average? Average he might be but in the games I have seen him play he has shown he is way better than the well below average Gus and Browne.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2012, 06:58:56 AM »
Must add tigers need to play as close to their round 1 side -v- Geelong next week - super important IMHO

Fortunately Deledio will be back  :thumbsup

what for, with the season nearly a month away that a strange tactic :huh

Got to play at least a quarter or a half against Geelong if fit just to get some match conditioning. We aren't making the NAB cup GF so play the side get some match time in for our Round 1 side against a side whose campaign is still alive and learn from the reigning premiers.

Thank you Tucker

Cannot afford to (if possible) to take anyone into the real stuff without some game time in thier legs

Also, as we wont be playing in the NAB cup GF we don't know where we will playing in NAB 4 - we may have charter a plane to get to Ballarat or something  ;D ;D

Seriously, we know next we will be playing on a AFL standard surface better to play our top liners there than on some country ground that may not be of the same quality
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:28:08 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)