Author Topic: The Tiges on Fox Footy  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: The Tiges on Fox Footy
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 03:58:58 PM »
Yeah apart from Schulz :outtahere

I know most of you blokes just can't admit it but he'd be stuffing handy in our forward line right now. I guess your happy with coach Brad Miller :lol

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
I agree. Would probably be a better defender than Post and Maguanamo too.

Still i'm not crying myself to sleep over it.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
nor am I. just reckon some of these Tiger fans need to wise up and admit that blokes can improve when they leave

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 04:49:35 PM »
Wasn't upset he left, but would fit in pretty handy. Mention of Miller just tops of the argument.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
Can you imagine how crap our backline would be now if Rance didnt come on?
Thank god for the Trossman.
I lurrvez him! In fact, i think i might start stalking him. Gerks, hand me my binoculars and my love glove....

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »
why has he been leading goal kicker at his club since he's been there despite playing 15 games in both seasons?
because Port aren't a good team. Worse than us. If you are relying on Shultz to be your star forward & a leader of your club then you are never going to be any good and you won't play finals footy.

As for Miller he is a fill in till we find a youngster who is ready to take his place. The sooner the better as far as i'm concerned. We won't be a proper finals team if we are relying on miller to be our Goto man at chf. We need Griff to stand up, stop getting injured and some senior games under his belt.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »
So he manages to average 2+ goals a game in a poo side (their leading goal kicker) and he only played 30 games in two seasons due to injury. And you're telling me this bloke is a VFL player? Or have you done a backflip on that? now he's just not good enough to be a star forward? I agree. He's no star but he's a good player that can occasionally dominate a game. My word, Sarge and Vickery getting the 2nd and 3rd defender would be nice...whoa  :shh Interestingly Mick Malthouse said Schulz is a great player.

Agree re Griffo but the bloke is made of plastic. Not sure he will ever have a good run with injuries

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2012, 06:16:50 PM »
The problem though is Sarge could never play as second banana. So if he was still at Richmond he wouldn't be the No.1 forward target that he is at Port and would go missing. Sarge is also your old school kick and mark forward. He's not one to give off goals like Jack does or big on forward pressure. Skill wise once he gets the ball he's actually quite good but he's just too inconsistent so he's no loss to us. Is he better than Miller? Yep but that's not saying much as Miller ain't much chop either. We are still without a quality 3rd forward.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2012, 06:19:45 PM »
Can't play as 2nd tall? You sure cockie? Went alright on fox footy last night  :police: He's played as a CHF quite a bit for Port and done well. Plays really well along side Westhoff, Butcher, Ebert Stewart etc he barely gets the ball kicked to him anymore than those players.  And his forward pressure is sensational. not sure you've seen him play before MT  :police:

Perhaps he (and many others) struggled playing in the same forward line as Richardson :outtahere

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »
there was game in his last year with us where he and richo started to work well together. I think sarge kicked 1.3 and probably should have kicked 4, and constantly drew a backman away from richo, yet they dropped him the following week. :huh

still got the bald spot from scratching my head over that
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »
Can't play as 2nd tall? You sure cockie? Went alright on fox footy last night  :police: He's played as a CHF quite a bit for Port and done well. Plays really well along side Westhoff, Butcher, Ebert Stewart etc he barely gets the ball kicked to him anymore than those players.  And his forward pressure is sensational. not sure you've seen him play before MT  :police:

Perhaps he (and many others) struggled playing in the same forward line as Richardson :outtahere
Yep went alright in one game 5 years ago for us. Whoopee!  :lol

I watch Port regularly given my Dad barracks for them. The forward Ebert (Brett) is playing in the SANFL for Port Magpies and can't get a game. His brother Brad is a midfielder recruited from the Eagles. Port's most classy forward is the midsized Gray but he's injured. Butcher only played the last 5 games of last year and Sarge kicked just 7 goals over that period. Butcher didn't play today so Sarge was their No.1 target. Stewart has kicked just 4 goals in 5 years  ;). We are talking about a side that has won just 4 games in its past 24 so hardly a forward line to write home about (although they will be better this season and won't finish bottom 4).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »
Are you stuffed in the head man ;D ? Considering JS kicked multiple goals for us 15 times I reckon he played more than one good game. There's also the fact he played half his career here in the backline. Don't let that get in the way of your know it all attitude though  :lol :shh :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Daniel Stewart kicked 4 against us in 2010. Are you suggesting he hasn't kicked a goal since or before then? Think you will find Butcher played 4, so wouldn't that be 7 in 4 for Schulz? Not horrible I wouldn't have thought, especially since he played centre half forward to give Butcher the 50.  LMAO at you running to find stats to support your argument. Try watching the games and forming an opinion. Their forward line is not the problem it's their poo midfield led by blokes like Cornes, Thomas Cassisi etc who do nothing when they get it. The forwards rely on Hartlett, Pearce and Boak getting the ball to them.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2012, 07:10:16 PM »
The only reason Ebert is playing for the Pies is because he didn't do a pre-season. What are you on about?