Author Topic: Footy returning makes you 31% happier / Tigers fans the happiest :-)  (Read 1807 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Return of AFL season set to increase happiness by 31% in Victoria
By Paul Dixon
brandhook.com
March 22, 2012

Following the 2011 report where we identified the current state of the Australian workplace happiness, BrandHook, partnered with i-link research to conduct a survey detailing the state of Australians’ happiness levels, including the drivers and motivators of this happiness.

The Australian people are not that happy.  Only 32% of Australians 18+ aged agree they are happy with their life, while only 19% strongly agree when they get up, they feel like getting on with life.

When we looked at what upcoming events would increase happiness, the return of the AFL season was at 22%.  This was only trumped by Easter, Change of Seasons, Daylight Savings.   But rated more significant than school holidays, if a Federal election was called, public holidays and changes in interest rates.

In Victoria, the impact of the AFL return increased happiness by 31%.

For males, the impact was largely positive, 39% of Victorian males said their happiness would increase.

For females, less so – 24% said the return of AFL would impact their overall happiness AND for most of those it was a negative impact.

Pip Stocks, founder of BrandHook, said ‘when we measured the Australian workforce’s happiness levels we found that the main drivers of workplace happiness were flexibility, business involvement and the feeling of progression – and that really isn’t different when we look at personal happiness.   People are happiest when they feel upbeat and when they are getting on with their life ie that they feel their lives are moving forward’.

She added ‘While this is a fun, topical study, the impact of happiness within personal and professional lives is becoming more and more relevant and something we are starting to see have a direct impact on key economic measures and prediction tools.  Oh and the happiest supporters are….Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, St Kilda and Sydney fans.’

http://www.brandhook.com/552/return-of-afl-season-set-to-increase-happiness-by-31-in-victoria

10 FLAGS

Re: Footy returning makes you 31% happier / Tigers fans the happiest :-)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:46:23 PM »
We're one big happy family ... until we lose afew games then its on for young and old  :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:47:54 PM »
We're one big happy family ... until we lose afew games then its on for young and old  :lol

one big stuffed up family Rampsy. so many weirdos

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:21:41 PM »
I am so happy the Footy season is upon us....my wife is not. (already cracked the !@#$ without a game being played)
Unleash the tornado

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 02:53:11 PM »
I am so in this category, I have to stay tight lipped about footy
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
Probably dead if it wasn't for Richmond.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »
I am so happy the Footy season is upon us....my wife is not. (already cracked the !@#$ without a game being played)

Time to trade her in matty.... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 04:31:41 PM »

x 2.

I get the 60 minutes of background whining every Monday night when I watch On The Couch and it only gets worse from here.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 05:08:27 PM »

Time to trade her in matty.... ;D

Agreed. One 36 year old for 2 x 18 year olds

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »

x 2.

I get the 60 minutes of background whining every Monday night when I watch On The Couch and it only gets worse from here.

Already having to make compromises. After going to Manuka on the Weekend, My wife has put me on an aggravation installment plan with compounding interest that will have a half life.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 08:10:11 PM »
Two foxtel boxes one in the family room with IQ and one in the bedroom.
Keeps me happy during the week catching up on my footy while my wife retreats to the bedroom to watch crap like the Ghost Whisperer and Grey's Anatomy.
Problem solved. :thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 08:13:01 PM »
pillow biters board.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 09:21:06 AM »
Keeps me happy during the week catching up on my footy while my wife retreats to the bedroom to watch crap like the Ghost Whisperer and Grey's Anatomy.

Sounds like you have it all sorted Tucky. What happen though when you need someone to get you a beer and a pie??  :lol

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »

Sounds like you have it all sorted Tucky. What happen though when you need someone to get you a beer and a pie??  :lol

Enter 'Beerdawg'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TJN_2kuH3s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »
you guys have got it all wrong.

Every Man needs his Man Cave, Large Screen, Beer Fridge, & no nagging bunnies  ;D