Author Topic: Qld politics [split from the membership thread]  (Read 8109 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Qld politics [split from the membership thread]
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 08:42:17 AM »
Latham. Make it interesting

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012, 08:58:39 AM »
 :lol

was looking forward to some asian parliament style all ins when he was was leader.

What a disappointment.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2012, 09:09:09 AM »
some people reckon he'd be our PM if he didn't try to break Howard's hand. Imagine Latham running the joint :lol

good bloke though.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:08 AM »
Latham was asked about that incident with Jack boot johnny. He reckons that johhny was prone to crushing women's hands when he shook them and had done it to Lathans missus.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:04 AM »
My favourite Latham moment was when he called Johnny an ass licker.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 09:31:44 AM »
that must have been a follow on from Keating's conga line  :lol

Keating also once called him a desiccated little coconut  :lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
The Toyota Tarago has more seats in it that the ALP in QLD parliment. 

An interesting observation from Dr Turf on SEN.
 :laugh:

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
I have some interesting facts:

WA: - In 2008 the Labor government suffered a 6% swing against them. Liberals forming government with the help of the National party.  

ACT general elections in 2008, Labor retain power despite a 10% swing to the greens. In true Labor form the Labor party has included a female leader now to contest the upcoming elections in 2012.   

NT 2008 elections. Labor hang on to power despite losing 7 seats and a 9% swing against them to the CLP. 

Labor retain power in South Australia despite a 8% swing against them in 2010.  

2010 Victorian elections Labor has suffered a defeat with a swing of 6% to the Coalition. 

Tasmania 2010 elections the Greens help Labor hold on to power despite a 12% swing against them.  

2011 election in NSW,  the Labor government was heavily defeated, suffering a swing of over 16%, the largest in a general election at any level in Australia since World War II. 

QLD. 2012:      Preliminary results show that Labor has been reduced to only seven seats and suffered a swing of 14.5%. The LNP will form government for the first time in its history, and is projected to win 78 seats. If these results hold, Labor will have suffered the worst defeat of a sitting government in Queensland history, and the LNP will have won the largest majority government in Queensland history.

Federal government. 
Despite Labor winning emphatically in 2007 with a swing of 6% gaining 23 seats with the Kevin '07 campain.  It took just one term to lose a leader, 7 seats & a 4% swing against them.  With the help of independants they were able to retain gevernment.  

I will leave you with a quote I heard  from former ALP powerbroker, ALP senator for NSW & senior minister for both the Hawke & Keating governments, Graham Richardson; 
"There's a verdict coming right around Australia that Labor aren't very good at government"
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/-/watch/25618138/labor-party-dead-and-buried/
 :clapping :clapping :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »
I will leave you with a quote I heard  from former ALP powerbroker, ALP senator for NSW & senior minister for both the Hawke & Keating governments, Graham Richardson;

I love Richo the political commentator - he calls a spade a shovel gotta love that  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 04:17:16 PM »
preety much pointless facts, as the roles will be reversed as the cycle swings the other way.

It wasnt that long ago that the federal libs were so much on the nose that the slimly little turd they had as a leader became the first sitting prime minister to loose his seat.

think about it, how much out of favour were the libs to give labour a large enough majority they could still suffer swings against and retain power in most of those examples?

swings and round-a-bouts - the more it changes the more it remains the same

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 05:23:41 PM »

Been thinking about this result and maybe Julia has got to go.

The Labor party need a fresh new face, but who?

Certainly not the Kruddy one.

Maybe Bill Shorten, intelligent, good parlimentary preformer and a favourite with the Labor heartland.

But not a coup, Julia needs to resign.

Interesting times.

Shorten is a worm.  He is one of the reasons for the current fecal fight between labor right and left and is on the nose big time.  If trust is an issue why the hell would you front this used car salesman? Bring back Latham, or Keating.  For libs, bring back Malcolm Fraser, I could even handle Turnbull anything but this nut Abbot who's only policy is a bribe for middle class aspirationals to pay for a nanny ffs.  I am not paying taxes to fund stuffing nannies for some pricks, if you can't afford or can't be stuffed looking after your spawn, don't stuffing breed imho.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:59:51 PM by Owl »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 06:16:01 PM »

Shorten is a worm.  He is one of the reasons for the current fecal fight between labor right and left and is on the nose big time.  If trust is an issue why the hell would you front this used car salesman? Bring back Latham, or Keating.  For libs, bring back Malcolm Fraser, I could even handle Turnbull anything but this nut Abbot who's only policy is a bribe for middle class aspirationals to pay for a nanny ffs.  I am not paying taxes to fund stuffing nannies for some pricks, if you can't afford or can't be stuffed looking after your spawn, don't stuffing breed imho.

Keating is too old (68yo) and as for Latham (you are joking, I hope).

Who in your opinion is a credible alternative to Julia?

:bow
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 06:25:56 PM »

From that poll I did the only popular option was Goose Graham. I reckon he should have a crack at it. Doesn't look like he'll be getting a senior game any time soon, so he may as well take over from Julia.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »

I would vote for Keating even if he is 68

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »
I am not paying taxes to fund stuffing nannies for some pricks, if you can't afford or can't be stuffed looking after your spawn, don't stuffing breed imho.

:clapping

Owl sees everything.

Vote 1 Owl