Author Topic: Official team Round 2  (Read 12454 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Official team Round 2
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »
Bit harsh on Maric.. Miller was worse than him last week.

I agree Maric was harsh but Miller as much as it pains me until Griffiths/Astbury take CHF by the scruff of the neck will be a fixture for structural purposes.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 07:55:43 PM »
WTF.... shouldn't be surprised should I, same as last year, Edwards will just keep getting picked..... :-\

I dont know how they can justify their selection sometimes.....Maric out, while not setting the world on fire last week he was far from our worst compared to a few more.

Probably omt based on his size, surely that would be the only reason????

only cotchin and maric major had more clearances than edwards and only cotchin had more inside 50s .

but then again, those are not important stats at all.....

he was far from our worst last week.

maric minor is probably a bit stiff, but he now has to go to coburg and earn his place again. from all reports his brother showed him what is required, defensively, last week.

nahas gets the nod in front of him because he has the runs on the board, even if there are not as many as we would like.

will be a test of maric's character how he responds

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 08:12:31 PM »
WTF.... shouldn't be surprised should I, same as last year, Edwards will just keep getting picked..... :-\

I dont know how they can justify their selection sometimes.....Maric out, while not setting the world on fire last week he was far from our worst compared to a few more.

Probably omt based on his size, surely that would be the only reason????

only cotchin and maric major had more clearances than edwards and only cotchin had more inside 50s .

but then again, those are not important stats at all.....

he was far from our worst last week.

maric minor is probably a bit stiff, but he now has to go to coburg and earn his place again. from all reports his brother showed him what is required, defensively, last week.

nahas gets the nod in front of him because he has the runs on the board, even if there are not as many as we would like.

will be a test of maric's character how he responds

No al, not this time mate, he wasn't far from our worst, he was second, Jackson was first. Edwards was poo, can't kick over 40 metres aithout turning it over, poor decision making, just not good enough.

I have been off his back as agreed until round one, he proved me right, you can't keep saying how he is/was far from our worst every week or year. He is right at the top of that list.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 08:17:48 PM »
if you think he was worse than post and vickery then it shows how blinkered you are.

you want to point out his turnovers last week?

obviously you don't think clearances and inside 50s are that important?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 08:20:08 PM »
if you think he was worse than post and vickery then it shows how blinkered you are.

Now now Al, leave WAT be after all this forum is called Richmond "rant"  ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 08:26:23 PM »

Yep fine, Vickery and Post were about the same, don't go on about clearances and inside 50's when the ball is turned over. It wouldn't be so bad if he did something constructive with the ball but he doesn't.

You may wan't to go back a read most of the posters comments.......in particular you Y&B, you will find I am not ranting...he was crap, most agree.

Most also called for him to be dropped this week.

Buts he is in so thats that.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »
since when do you worry about what most agree on?
how about addressing the questions, in particular the turnovers?

Is there any chance that rather than just say he was crap, which you have been waiting all pre season to say, that you could tell us why?

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 08:32:16 PM »
mmm some need to remove rose coloured glasses.

you would think SE is the worese player ever to don
a tigers jumper.

and he wasnt our worst last week.

TV can take that honour.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
since when do you worry about what most agree on?
how about addressing the questions, in particular the turnovers?

Is there any chance that rather than just say he was crap, which you have been waiting all pre season to say, that you could tell us why?

Go back and watch the goal he missed in the 1st, go back and watch how he couldn't make the distance to his target let alone hit it in the first GOING INTO THE 50.....go back and watch him trying to kick 10 metres to another player......go watch the game again.

I don't have rose coloured glassed on R3, perhaps you need glasses, go read my post again, I said he wasn't far from the worst but he was at the top......See, you say TV was worst I think Jackson was.....

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 08:50:44 PM »
the missed goal is granted, but he was not the only one, by any stretch.
the others I don't know what you are talking about.

how about his spotting of the loose man to set up a  goal.

his clearance in the last to find jack, under pressure, but jack missed. is that his fault? does the missed goal make jack the worst player on the ground. or do we give that to martin for his miss at a vital time?

you are blinded by your prejudice. the only real criticism of his game was he didn't get enough it, but he got clearances and put the ball inside 50 more than others without too many ef ups, particularly when you take into account 3/4 of his possesions were contested, but hey winning contested possessions is over rated anyway.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »
the missed goal is granted, but he was not the only one, by any stretch.
the others I don't know what you are talking about.

how about his spotting of the loose man to set up a  goal.

his clearance in the last to find jack, under pressure, but jack missed. is that his fault? does the missed goal make jack the worst player on the ground. or do we give that to martin for his miss at a vital time?

you are blinded by your prejudice. the only real criticism of his game was he didn't get enough it, but he got clearances and put the ball inside 50 more than others without too many ef ups, particularly when you take into account 3/4 of his possesions were contested, but hey winning contested possessions is over rated anyway.

Thats fine al, you have your views and I have mine, but IMO he will not, should not and is not good enough to be part of our future GF side. He will be one of the players turned over in the next couple of years, if not, we won't make a GF with players like him in the team!!

Anyway, moving on, he is in the side this week, lets hope he performs.

"Rucks:

TigerTimeII

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »
why is tuck jackson and foley stil in, pies to win easy and they have 3 extra players now
Foley? Maybe because he was one of our best last week and throughout the preseason.

get over yaself, foley was crap, a 44% effective disposal is plain pathetic.... the amount of stats mean jack poo

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 09:07:03 PM »
Angus Graham not close to ever playing again hey. 1st emergency says otherwise :outtahere

Maric is stiff. Did just as much as Edwards & Nahas but those two have more brownie points so they get to play and Addam gets the ass. Post going out is fair. Played a shocker against Carlton. Great to have Batch in and Kingy was always coming in.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
Angus Graham not close to ever playing again hey. 1st emergency says otherwise :outtahere

Maric is stiff. Did just as much as Edwards & Nahas but those two have more brownie points so they get to play and Addam gets the ass. Post going out is fair. Played a shocker against Carlton. Great to have Batch in and Kingy was always coming in.

No Edwards has photos of Dimma with a goat..... ;D

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 09:19:40 PM »
think you'll find it's a sheep. shows how much you know.