Author Topic: Changes next week for the Dees games?  (Read 7908 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes next week for the Dees games?
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2012, 09:38:26 PM »
I havnt seen much of Arnot apart from the televised rd 1 vfl match and (nab cup, which i wont include)
How is he pace wise?? can he chase?? I know hes strong from what ive seen
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Footy Barometer - Round 3 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2012, 05:23:33 AM »
Footy Barometer - Round 3
Herald-Sun

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Daniel Jackson is under the pump after five clangers on Saturday night but he may be needed for a run-with role. Ty Vickery can’t get near it but the Tigers will persist with the young key forward.

ON THE CUSP: Addam Maric kicked three goals for Coburg yesterday and is the obvious replacement for King. Matt Dea and Luke McGuane also performed strongly but the Tigers defenders help up pretty well on Saturday night.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: The Tigers have played in patches the first two rounds but surely will get their first win against the hapless Demons on Saturday. They need it with the Cats and Eagles to follow. King’s niggle will be missed but watch Jack Riewoldt, who will be looking to atone for his stinker against the Pies.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/supercoach-news/footy-barometer-round-3/story-fncufbo5-1226316549162

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Footy Barometer - Round 3 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2012, 06:51:55 AM »
Footy Barometer - Round 3
Herald-Sun

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Daniel Jackson is under the pump after five clangers on Saturday night but he may be needed for a run-with role.

Don't do it Dimma. DON'T DO IT....! >:(

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2012, 07:05:23 AM »
Dimma must not give Jackson and Vickery games .why ?
As Dimma said 3 weeks ago.players must earn games
How is the club going to improve if the coach goes back on his word
Will be a joke if these 2 play and not good for Dimma

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2012, 07:59:38 AM »
Jackson has to be dropped. He was atrocious on Saturday. We don't need a run with role agianst Melbourne. Bring in Helbig for a run

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2012, 08:09:43 AM »
Helbig is out for 12 weeks

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2012, 11:26:14 AM »
Dea for Jackson, A Maric for King

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »
When does the squad come out?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »
Jungle beat emails come out thursday arvo/evening
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »
Off-season sook: "we have no depth   :'("
Season sook: "drop [player-x]  :banghead"

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2012, 01:04:06 PM »
I don't think a 22nd of our team is responsible for a loss no matter how poor they have played.

A few others with higher pedigree who were down.

Either Arnott or White for King.

If Jackson gets the arse,so should Jack but he will survive on reputation.

I think Maric or White will be the only change.

Dees always fire up for this one.

Time to ignite the G and win a game in style.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »
The difference between Jack and Jako is this.

Jack is skillful and capable. If he plays the percentages he will kick goals and be all that we want him to be. All he has to do is get his mind right for the contest.

Jako is none of the above. His mind is willing but his capabilities are minimal.

Jacks impact has been equal to zero but there is upside.

Jako's impact has been zero with no upside only continual downside.

Therein lies the conundrum and why Jack should play and Jako should be dropped.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2012, 01:40:11 PM »
Comrades - for whatever el cheapo reason my previews of matches against the Tigers have attracted a degree of notoriety. I would like to think this is one of the fairer of my efforts in this domain - and all the more so as I have immense respect for the Richmond Football Club

Goaded by their own self-loathing, I suspect that some of our Richmond visitors will not be able to help themselves. The Moderators will allow banter - a key word - in this thread (alone). Unsubtle abuse will invoke holiday-time.

“Today,” I declared to my team, “is the most important day of our lives. Today – with apologies to the Carlton Cheats - we will broadcast to the world that the Richmond Football Club is the biggest piece of excrement in existence – and in doing so, we will exacerbate the self-loathing that lies at the heart of every single Richmond supporter!”

My team listened on via Skype.

“Biff, we’re ready to go here at the Happy Sausage Rainbow Hotel!” Raoul screeched in a high-pitched voice. Raoul bats for the ‘other side’ but we are a tolerant and inclusive club here at the Dees.

“That’s good to know mate, because our little friend is coming your way first. You know what to do. I want footage from each of you! You all know the sequence. Just make it happen!”

That said, I ended the session and dialled Dusty Martin’s mobile number. After a couple of rings, he answered in his usual catatonic fashion.

“Hellllllo! Grrrrrrr!.”

“Hi Dusty, it’s Brendon Gale here,” I said in my best impersonation ever. “You know, the President of the Mighty Tigers. Sorry if I have interrupted something, like your mum rubbing those fake tatts onto your neck with a twenty cent piece. What are you doing today pre-match?”

“Errrrrrr, not much. I was gonna play with my x-Box and help Lids dye his hair again. That guy is a real fashion icon! Grrrrr!”

“How fascinating. Now Dusty, we need you. Some of our sponsors have asked us to lend them a hand today. Are you up to it?”

“Yeah, sure Benny. What do I have to do? Grrrrr!”

“OK – that’s good to hear. Now get your behind down to the Happy Sausage Rainbow Hotel. The Richmond Football Club is at the forefront of the battle against prostate cancer.”

“Really? Grrrrr!”

“Dusty, billions of Australian guys die from it every year. One can never be too young to have a check up. Just go to there and asked for Raoul. We want you to publicise the cause! There’ll be some intrusive medical procedures involved but I am sure you can handle it. We’re gonna film it too. Once you’re finished there, gimme a ring and it’s onto the next sponsor!”

“Yeah, no worries Benny! I’ll speak to you afterwards – grrrr!”

I spent the next hour or so pacing around the office. I was finally put out of my misery when the mobile rang.

“Hi Benny. It’s Dusty here. I’m right to go. What’s next? Grrrr!”

“Hang on, how did you get on with the prostate check-up?”

“It’s was a bit funny. They tried this new technique on me where the quack had a hand on each of me shoulders as he checked out me prostate. I’m feeling OK but a bit gooey. Grrrrr!”

“Mate, you are a hero! OK, second up, I want you to drive over to Harvey Normans at Knifepoint Shopping Centre. You must have heard that moronic Richmond supporter on the radio – Mario from Doncaster - who is always microwaving his membership card. Well, the marketing department at Punt Road has developed a microwave-proof membership card. Ask for Nathan. He’ll give you an apron and what not – we’re gonna make a commercial to publicise its launch.”

“Yeah, no worries Benny. Sounds like fun – grrrrr!”

I spent the next hour staring at the clock. Sure enough, Dusty rang through on the mobile and reported success with the latest venture. A microwave, painted in yellow and black, had demonstrated the resilence of the new membership card over the old. It was time to move onto the third challenge.

“Dusty, as you yourself know, Richmond supporters love to spit – on you the players as you hobble up the race after a pounding; on each other and on themselves when their self-hatred goes off the Richter scale. We have to stop this practice. It is disgusting. Not even the pooches of the Port supporters exhibit this filthy behaviour. Now, it is a little known fact that there is a high calorific value to human spittle. We want to put the spittle of Richmond supporters to good use. We have developed a variant of the internal combustion engine that runs on spittle. I want you to head on down to Bartlett Motors and speak to my old friend Con. He’s got the prototype – the ‘Richo Rocket’ in the yard. Grab some chewy and work up some gorbies in your mouth – we’re gonna make an educational doco for the Richmond supporters with the aim of changing their behaviour. Here’s the schedule: we’re gonna film you doing all the bad things first – like imagining it is VFL Park back in 1991 and spitting on yourself – followed by the good things – like spitting into the petrol-tank. Reckon you can do it, Dusty? Cometh the hour, cometh the man?”

The star midfielder replied in the affirmative. That allowed me to weed the garden for the next hour or so. At that point I grabbed the mobile and rang Dusty.

“Mate, it’s Benny here. How did the doco get on?”

“No worries at all. I even had a drive of the Richo Rocket. It runs a bit rough but it’s a dream ride! Richmond supporters saving the planet - right on ! Grrrrr!”

“Dusty, you are a star,” I purred as the third video-file showed up in my Inbox. “The Richmond Football Club is proud of you. Now get to the ground and have a big one for the Mighty Tigers.”

“Grrrrr!”

The big match was upon us. Ever so deftly, my IT experts hacked into the MCG’s scoreboard and progressively played each of the three videos, accompanied by the livery and theme song of the mighty Richmond Football Club. What a larf it was. Goaded beyond endurance, the Richmond supporters turned on each like wild animals. Even the Richmond Grog Squad surpassed themselves in their bestial treatment of one another. Yes indeed: a streak of self-loathing lies at the heart of every Richmond supporter and it is a wonder to behold.

Deed by 95 points.

Link: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=03ef20029895d94261c415b6c6fb4202&t=930109
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:23:20 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2012, 01:48:34 PM »
That was their preview off BF by the way.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2012, 03:21:24 PM »
That was their preview off BF by the way.

Reminder: You need to post the actual link Mrakov

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)