Author Topic: Tigers New Deal - from the HUN  (Read 4684 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
It's Official - AFG Announcement
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 11:36:51 AM »
Tigers snare AFG as new co-major partner!
10:16:52 AM Thu 14 April, 2005
richmondfc.com.au

The Richmond Football Club is delighted to announce that it has signed a new co-major partner.

Richmond Chief Executive, Steven Wright, today revealed that the
Australian Finance Group has agreed to join the Club as its co-major partner and back of jumper sponsor for the 2005 and 2006 seasons, with an option for a further two years.

AFG is Australia’s largest wholesaler of mortgage finance and in the top three mortgage networks worldwide.

The company, which was established in 1994, provides more than 20% of brokers nationwide, with access to 45 of Australia’s leading lending institutions. AFG has been recognised as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies for the second year running, in the ‘BRW (Business Review Weekly) Fast 100 List’.

“We spoke to 20 companies over the past two weeks, and are extremely pleased to join forces with a company that is so strong in the Australian financial services sector,” Wright said.

“As one of Australia’s fastest growing companies, we believe AFG sits very well alongside the Richmond brand as we launch a new era at Tigerland.

“Having two companies of the quality of AFG and Motorola as co-major partners of the Tigers, provides great stability for the future of the Richmond Football Club.”

Australian Finance Group Executive Director, Malcolm Watkins, believes Richmond is an ideal fit for his company from a partnership perspective.

“This is a magnificent opportunity for AFG to support one of Australia’s great football clubs,” he said.

“AFG and Richmond share a similar philosophy, involving partnerships, commitment, dedication and passion. We welcome the opportunity to provide the Tigers with the financial security they need to realise their dreams.”

The AFG logo will be in place on the backs of the Richmond players’ guernseys for this Sunday’s match against Fremantle at the MCG. Other AFG branding will appear on Club apparel and signage at the ground.

AFG FAST FACTS

* AFG is Australia’s largest wholesaler of mortgage finance, and one of the world’s top three mortgage networks. Established in 1994, the company provides more than 20% of brokers nationwide with access to 45 of Australia’s leading lending institutions, including the top 20 banks.

* For the second year running, AFG has been recognised as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies in the ‘2004 BRW Fast 100 List’. Ranked at number 46 on the list, with 67% turnover growth, it is the largest turnover business in the top 100.

* AFG is a privately owned company, with major shareholders including Macquarie Bank, Allianz and Tower.

* AFG members collectively processed over 72,000 mortgages for their customers in the 2004 fiscal year, setting an all-time Australian record.

* AFG now accounts for more than 7.5% of home loan lending in Australia, which means if it was a bank, it would rank at number 6 behind St George Bank.

* AFG now has a mortgage book in excess of $23 billion dollars.

* AFG’s website can be located at www.afgonline.com.au.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=196029
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

Re: Tigers New Deal - from the HUN
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 12:17:34 PM »
Jay Schulz is a pickled genius. :thumbsup

Bottoms up !!!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 04:26:24 PM »
Great stuff Tiges  :thumbsup

Almost fell off my chair when I heard it was as much as $800,000 per year  :o  :bow. Great effort by the board, Wright and all those involved.

Welcome aboard AFG  :thumbsup.

Jay Schulz is a pickled genius. :thumbsup

Bottoms up !!!!

:rollin

Sarge for RFC President. Obviously has great financial nouse making $300,000 in two weeks ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 05:25:27 PM »
See what happens when youre not scared or lazy to go to the market place. we get $300,000 more per season as a result of Jay Schulzs genius- I new that boy had potential somewhere along the lines. Now they should get out and talk to the other companies like Wendys who missed out and get them to sign smaller sponsorship deals.- Thats how you succeed in business...lets get them all in the tent... :cheers

Ox

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 06:32:30 PM »

:thumbsup

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 06:44:46 PM »
Great effort there by the Club, now that's turning a negative into a positive, well done.

I agree with RPT as well, get them all to sponsor in some way shape or form. Go tiges :thumbsup
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 06:45:24 PM »
My oh My how things change so quickly - Blessing in disguise at the end - And we wont have pink ice creams on our jumper either -  :thumbsup

Wonder if something like this may start other clubs shopping ?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2005, 05:20:29 AM »
Tigers cash in after landing new sponsor
By John Salvado
April 15, 2005

Richmond stands to collect an extra $300,000 this year after a new major sponsor stepped in to replace the Transport Accident Commission.

The TAC ended its 16-year association with the club 13 days ago after Jay Schulz became the second Richmond player in four years to be arrested for drink-driving.

That cost the Tigers $500,000 this year, only for the Australian Finance Group to step into the breach with a two-year deal worth $800,000 a year.

The AFG joins Motorola as Richmond's co-major sponsors, with the financial services company's logo to be shown on the Tigers' jumpers for the first time in Sunday's game against Fremantle at the MCG.

"It was very disappointing to lose the TAC, they were a fantastic partner for 16 years," Richmond chief executive Steven Wright said yesterday.

"But it was ultimately their decision and we have to move on.

"Ideally, the sooner you (replaced the TAC) the better, but you have to have the right partner and the right business case. We weren't going to just jump into bed with the first person that came along.

"We spoke with several different companies and Motorola have been fantastic through this period. They've stepped up and helped us as well."

Schulz lost his driving licence for six months and was fined by the police and the club after recording a blood-alcohol reading of .065 despite still being on a P-plate drivers' licence.

Four years earlier, then Richmond player Royce Vardy was also charged with drink-driving, prompting the TAC to warn that any further indiscretions would cause its sponsorship to be terminated.

But AFG executive director Malcolm Watkins said his company had not requested any clauses in the new deal with Richmond covering player behaviour.

The West Australian-based AFG is Australia's largest wholesaler of mortgage finance. This is the first time it has become involved with major sponsorship of a sporting team.

The deal is for two years, with an option for a further two.

Watkins contacted Richmond several days after the Schulz debacle and the deal was completed earlier this week.

It continued the buoyant mood at Punt Road, with the Tigers having won their past two games, against Hawthorn and the Western Bulldogs, after snapping a record 15-match losing streak.

"This is a lucrative deal for both AFG and for Richmond and it's very pleasing for us that we've now got the financial stability, along with Motorola as our co-major partners, to carry the club forward into the future," said Wright.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/04/14/1113251738149.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2005, 05:25:04 AM »
The AFG joins Motorola as Richmond's co-major sponsors, with the financial services company's logo to be shown on the Tigers' jumpers for the first time in Sunday's game against Fremantle at the MCG.

Blue rectangle with AFG in white. The numbers still looked the same when Richo showed the guernsey on TFS.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2005, 11:17:04 AM »
Just about Richo on TFS, when he pulled out his phone I'm sure it was a Sony Ericcson. :o
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Ox

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 12:15:53 PM »
"It was very disappointing to lose the TAC, they were a fantastic partner for 16 years," Richmond chief executive Steven Wright said yesterday.

Rolly Polly On the Foor every day for 16 years. :rollin

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 12:32:59 PM »
Just about Richo on TFS, when he pulled out his phone I'm sure it was a Sony Ericcson. :o

Nah I don't think so Fish - it looked like mine which is a Motorola V something or other  ;D ;D :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2005, 10:52:02 PM »
Phew! I was worried. :)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott