Author Topic: No bitterness towards Wallace: Andy Kellaway (afl site)  (Read 1161 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
No bitterness towards Wallace: Andy Kellaway (afl site)
« on: April 19, 2012, 05:05:52 PM »
Firing up
By Adam McNicol
Thu 19 Apr, 2012

FORMER Richmond star Andrew Kellaway says he harbours no bitterness towards former Tigers coach Terry Wallace, who sacked the popular defender following the 2006 season.

Kellaway established himself as one of Richmond's best players in the early years of the new millennium, winning the club's best and fairest and selection in the All Australian team in 2000.

But he was delisted by Wallace after 172 games at the highest level, much to the dismay of the Tiger faithful.

"I didn't hear too much about that, because I went travelling pretty quickly after I finished," Kellaway says in the latest episode of Life after footy.

"I was a getting a few reports from mum and dad, but you move on pretty quickly."

These days, Kellaway, whose brother Duncan played 180 games for Richmond, is learning the ropes in a new career.

Since late last year he's been a professional fireman, based in Melbourne's northern suburbs.

"I'd been aiming to get into the job after footy," Kellaway explains.

"I went travelling for a bit, then I was landscaping for a while.

"Then I had a couple of mates that were in the [fire brigade] and they told me it was a good job."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/133516/default.aspx

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: No bitterness towards Wallace: Andy Kellaway (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »
Well thats one person anyway