Author Topic: The Last few years  (Read 2128 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: The Last few years
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 07:47:17 AM »
Despite what the clubs has said (building up expectations sells memberships and corporate dollars), 2012 is still a development year for us. Talk of finals was always premature with such a young and inexperienced list because we need everything to go right (no long-term key injuries & everyone playing to their potential) and other sides to stagnate or fall away for us to make the top 8.

I agree that's why I've always said to make finals we need everything to go right because we still have so many holes & lack depth

But even allowing for that sometimes then you're better off just saying nothing, or pushing the line we're just looking to "continue our improvment". Internally believe you can make finals & aim to make finals but publicly sometimes it is just a better to shut up....

But when it is all said and done the one that I think is causing the most angst is the "no more gifted games/games will be earnt" comment. That's the one rightly or wrongly that has the masses fired up & doing this  :banghead :banghead IMHO it's not losing the first 2 rounds but the apparent inaction at selection 

l'm just really peeed off after Hardwick said live to the media that everyone must earn a spot. did that fall away after 2 weeks of bad efforts. Even the President said NO EXCUSES

its not good for team moral

Although I fully agree with what you are saying here. :thumbsup

No point screaming black and blue over this Dimma has lost alot on this issue with regards to Jako.

Agree Tucker
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

Re: The Last few years
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 11:18:30 AM »
Spot on lads,  that's got me really disappointed with the coaching and footy department. I was happy to write off the first 2 seasons with minimum fuss bc we were coming from such a long way back, I always thought I would judge dimma on how he handled the final part.
 would he continue to cut deep until we get it right? or would he start playing it safe continuing on with the glass half full types. Not liking what I'm seeing so far this season.

Ftr I never seriously felt we could play finals this season, possible yes, but unlikely, so this isn't a dummy spit at potentially missing finals