Author Topic: Richmond V Geelong - sold out!  (Read 15566 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond V Geelong - sold out!
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2012, 04:17:30 PM »
I can tolerate, given where our list is at, us dropping away a touch in the last 10 minutes due to fatigue against the more seasoned reigning premierships. However that second quarter was unacceptable and as Muscles and eliminator said it cost us the game in the end. It's those lapses above the shoulders and in workrate that we need to eliminate from our game before we can become a finals/top side.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »
When you think about it the Tigers have been competitive this year pretty much without a functioning forward line. If only it would click into gear then we might string a few wins together.

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2012, 04:21:49 PM »
Sick to death with Riewoldt continually playing from behind ..refuses to lead up.enough is enough
Riewoldt cost as the game today
Not just today Jack. Why is he not leading to the footy? Same with Vickery. Jack seems to want to play from behind and look for a cheap possie over the back, or fly for the speccy. Needs to lead, and lead very hard IMO.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2012, 04:25:39 PM »
We lost this game. It was their for the taking. In the end we weren't good enough. I think Geelongs era is over as well. There shield of invincibility is over. IMHO. Anyway from me -

Newman - 2/10 very poor.
Rance - 7/10 at least we finally found a key back infact we found 2 coz Grimes can play as well.
Grimes - 7/10 see Rance.
Morris - 5/10 fantastic runner, fantastic competitor.
Batchelor - 7/10 very good today I thought.
Houli - 4/10 disappointing from my perspective today. Expect more.
Deledio - 7/10 was very good IMHO.
Martin - 5/10 an improvement on the past weeks. Still has plenty left to give.
Jackson - 4/10. Kicked a fluke goal on the run. That was all for the day.
Conca - 4/10 Wants to impact and does, but today he made too many mistakes to get higher marks
Vickery - 2/10 Kicked a goal, where was he the rest of the time?
A.Maric - 3/10 Needed to be more involved than he was today.
Nahas - 4/10 Speedy, flashy the odd goal and thats just about it for todays game.
Riewoldt - 2/10 Looks like he just thinks its gonna happen. Its not and it reflects in his season so far.
Miller - 4/10 Didnt do much today, hes been better this season. Today average indeed.
I.Maric - 7/10 fantastic acquisition and he did his job today really well. The mulletts goin good.
Cothin - 5/10 when the game needed to be won it was geelongs leaders who did it. Cotch lucky to get 5
Tuck - 6/10 good trier all day in the battle zones. good effort today.
Foley - 6/10 I thought he was good today. Tried to impact and did on occassions.
Grigg - 7/10 Played a good game today IMHO. Well done to him
Ellis - 6/10 This guy is coming on well now. I thought he improved again today.
White - NA Only came on as sub and kicked a goal but wasnt on long enough for a score.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2012, 04:40:23 PM »
Winners win and losers lose. We are still losers. Until we purge the club of loser mentality and loser players it won't change.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2012, 04:46:57 PM »
Winners win and losers lose. We are still losers. Until we purge the club of loser mentality and loser players it won't change.
See - Miller!
Others to blame, but while he is still there nowhere we go.....

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »
Forget about the stats.when the game was there to be won no one had the ability to win the game..no one inside F 50 stood up.pretty simple
I thought Miller was there to show leadership. Very poor. Couldve helped jack better atleast twice in that final quarter to put his body in the way but failed.
Agree Jack is lazy but has more talent in his pinky toe than Miller has had in his whole career.
Miller didn't do all the things he's been doing good in the first few weeks of the season.
Put Griffiths in and teach him now!!! Miller is a waste of time and space.
Vickery needs his old man to take him in the ring and smash some sense into him. 

dwaino

« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »
Spewing we didn't take our chances when they were there. Stoked about our back line. Would love a quality 3rd tall or a swing man in the mix, but our back line is really coming along. Rance is in AA form, Grimes is going to be a champ, Ellis is showing massive improvement and more confident with each game, and Morris is giving much needed grunt.

We still most and don't get any points, and not going to make excuses, but we've only had 3 very competitive losses against sides that most of the competition will lose against anyway. 12 wins from 18 games is going to be hard going but if we deserve it the team will make it.

Bring on Eagles and round 5

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
It doesn't look like jack can run.  He has little acceleration and doesn't seem to be very strong through the hips. Lack of a pre season?  Legacy of the hip ops?  Something ain't right with him

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2012, 04:55:01 PM »
We lost this game. It was their for the taking. In the end we weren't good enough. I think Geelongs era is over as well. There shield of invincibility is over. IMHO. Anyway from me -

Newman - 2/10 very poor.
Rance - 7/10 at least we finally found a key back infact we found 2 coz Grimes can play as well.
Grimes - 7/10 see Rance.
Conca - 4/10 Wants to impact and does, but today he made too many mistakes to get higher marks
Nahas - 4/10 Speedy, flashy the odd goal and thats just about it for todays game.
Riewoldt - 2/10 Looks like he just thinks its gonna happen. Its not and it reflects in his season so far.
Miller - 4/10 Didnt do much today, hes been better this season. Today average indeed.
I.Maric - 7/10 fantastic acquisition and he did his job today really well. The mulletts goin good.
Cothin - 5/10 when the game needed to be won it was geelongs leaders who did it. Cotch lucky to get 5
Foley - 6/10 I thought he was good today. Tried to impact and did on occassions.
White - NA Only came on as sub and kicked a goal but wasnt on long enough for a score.
pretty good assessment flags but I think your a bit hard on Cotchin today. He's a champ and tried his ass off without any help or protection whatsoever. 7/10
Grigg was excellent. Best outside player we've had for ages. Presents and finds alot of space.  8/10.
Ellis 4/10 for mine but he's young and he'll improve.
Morris I would give 6/10. He looks like he doesn't want to be beaten at any contest.
The rest pretty spot on. 

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2012, 05:02:55 PM »
It doesn't look like jack can run.  He has little acceleration and doesn't seem to be very strong through the hips. Lack of a pre season?  Legacy of the hip ops?  Something ain't right with him
maybe he's just very very lazy Or his heads to big.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2012, 05:04:40 PM »
Jack went off the ground in the first half of the Collingwood game from memory. He hasn't moved around like his usual self since. Mind you that still doesn't excuse from not playing in front. Both sides key forwards really struggled today.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »

Newman - 2/10 very poor.
Grimes - 7/10 see Rance.

Think you are a bit harsh on Cotchin, the amount of times that wacko Taylor Hunt scragged and cannoned into him illegally all day was poor. 9 tackles and 20 possies 19 contested, think he worked his butt off. Unfortunately didn't have an impact though.

Riewoldt needs a game in the 2s to learn to dominate a forward line again. Needs to crash packs and start leading hard instead of trying to win 1on1s. Correct me if I'm wrong, inhis coleman year, how many shots at goal did he have from 1on1 marks? From memory most of his marks were taken in packs which he lead to, or taken on the lead.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2012, 05:15:08 PM »
Obviously disappointed with the loss when the game was there to be won.

Cats, at home, unveiled there flag, and came off a bad loss to North and the fact we have gone 22 years since our last win down there - I would have taken a 10 point loss at the start of the game.
Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »
I am harsh on Cotchin because he is our best player. Thats all. He was ok today and he was up against it numbers wise but I was just hoping he could lift us in that last little period of the game.