Author Topic: Can People Update me on...  (Read 1059 times)

PuntRdRoar

Can People Update me on...
« on: April 11, 2005, 06:43:03 PM »
As ive mentioned on the membership thread ive been away for a fair while, but read the site as much as i could. can some of you guys tell me whats going on with Tambling and the other draftees. Before the draft i was pretty sceptacle about Tamblings ability to take a hit, I was even more worried by Pattisons ability to kick and Polos as well. I understand Deledio has started pretty well, but that hawthorns picks roughead and franklin have started terrificly.

PS- I know its early but I know all of us always want to know whose at the top of next years draft lists...this season names like Mitch Clark, Shannon Hurn, Joel Selwood and Marcus Drum will be up there, but my early info is that Jon Cheetham from Sth Australia is a star in the making, and my smoky of last year Tom Redden- is already considered a top 20 pick this year- at this early stage. Anyways its good to be back- and i look forward to hearing from you all about whats been going on.

Regards
Ramps

Bulluss

Re: Can People Update me on...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 09:01:26 PM »
Ramps,

Welcome back buddy

As you have said Deledio has started pretty well, has been in and out of the games played but you can definately see the class and talent that he does have. Once he bulks up a little more and gets some more experience i am sure he will be a star. Tambling has looked very classy before the season proper and has some sort of Toe injury apparently, but i have also heard things about lower back problems also.

Havent seen a lot of Patto but from what i have read, apparently he hasnt been the worst at Coburg but does need to work on his kicking. As for the others, there hasnt been a great deal to report about.

In regards to Roughhead and Franklin, Franklin looked pretty classy against us last week but it is still early days to judge who got the best players.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 04:23:19 AM »
Welcome back RT  :).

Tambling had/has a back and back-related hamstring problem. Listed as a "test" on our injury list this week.
Polo played for the Coburg reserves in round 1 along with Limbach and McGuane as was named in their best players. Was promoted to Coburg seniors on the weekend but IIRC from reports spent a fair bit of time on the pine.
SEN did a live broadcast of the Coburg match and the commentators (albeit one was ex-Demon David Schwarz) gave positive comments towards Pattison.

Still way too early to judge the recent draftees but yeah I've been impressed with Deledio, Franklin and Monfries at the bombers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 01:20:40 PM »
Tambling had/has a back and back-related hamstring problem. Listed as a "test" on our injury list this week.

Tambling slightly strained his hamstring in the pre-season before the trip to Alice Springs. Got over that and then hurt his toe in the praccy game against the Lions. Now he has this back problem that they reckon is linked to his original hamstring problem. They are doing the right thing with him by making sure he gets "right".

IMO part of his problem is he's come from Darwin were the training side of footy isn't as intense as down here. Coupled with that is his lean frame and I reckon it is fair to assume his body is taking a while to get used to the intensity of AFL footy.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 01:26:47 PM »
They said on Club Corner last night that Tambling won't play until the Anzac weekend, as Coburg doesn't have a game this week.  So he's still a few weeks away from playing for Richmond.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.