Author Topic: 2012 Team Analysis: AGE  (Read 575 times)

Offline afightingfurydotcom

• Tiger Rookie
    • A Fighting Fury
2012 Team Analysis: AGE
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:52:54 PM »
I am back with the 3rd part of my 2012 analysis of each teamīs list.  In this post I will be analysing the Age of each team.  Note that this analysis takes in to account all the list including the rookies and ages are as at February 2012.  The stats were provided by footywire.

CONCLUSION:

We occupy the top 7 positions for the oldest players in the Midfield and Ruck but our Defense and Attack ranking of 17th drags down our overall AFL ranking.

DEFENSE:

RANKED 17TH IN THE AFL:
WE ARE 1.3 YEARS BELOW THE AFL AVERAGE

Our oldest defenders are Newman 29.8 followed by Moore 27.8 and McGuane 25.
We have 7 defenders who are above the AFL defenders average and 13 who are below this.

MIDFIELD:
RANKED 6TH IN THE AFL:
WE ARE 0.7 YEARS ABOVE THE AFL AVERAGE

Our oldest midfielders are Tuck 30.1 followed by Foley 26.4 and Jackson 25.8.
We have 7 midfielders who are above the AFL midfielders average and 4 who are below this.

FORWARDS:
RANKED 17TH IN THE AFL:
WE ARE 0.8 YEARS BELOW THE AFL AVERAGE

Our oldest forwards are Miller 28.6 followed by King 27.8 and Riewoldt 23.3.
We have 3 forwards who are above the AFL forwards average and 7 who are below this.

RUCKS:
RANKED 7TH IN THE AFL:
WE ARE 0.5 YEARS ABOVE THE AFL AVERAGE

Our oldest rucks are Maric 26.1 followed by Graham 24.8 and Derickx 24.2.
We have 3 rucks who are above the AFL rucks average and 1 who is below this.

www.afightingfury.com

....A Richmond Tigers Blog!!!
***News, statistical analysis, your views and my opinion on the RFC***

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2012 Team Analysis: AGE
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »
Shows why we are stronger around the middle of the ground and weaker at the bookends. In terms of age its typical to have the balance the other way where the bigger bodies talls take longer to develop yet we are throwing ours into the deep end through necessity.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »
I think in some ways its misleading in that the team we put on the park is younger than our averages.  We leave quite a few older players out, McGaune, Moore, White. 

The most telling stat is the age of our defense, ours is young and developing but it is years away from maturing into a good defense.  Which means we are years away from maturing into a consistently successful team.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:16:16 AM »
I think in some ways its misleading in that the team we put on the park is younger than our averages.  We leave quite a few older players out, McGaune, Moore, White. 

The most telling stat is the age of our defense, ours is young and developing but it is years away from maturing into a good defense.  Which means we are years away from maturing into a consistently successful team.

Not necessarily. Maybe they are years away from reaching their peak. But I think our young and inexperienced defense can still be a 'good defense' and i think the signs this year are very encouraging.