Author Topic: Small forwards  (Read 15960 times)

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Small forwards
« on: April 29, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »
I've been thinking about this for weeks. But the fact that we have to reply on Cotchin and Martin to be our best midfielders and our best small forwards is proof our small forward talent just isn't up to it.

Nahas 3 out of 10
King 4 out off 10
Edwards 2 out of 10
White 2 out off 10
Marric 1 out of 10

None of the above have done anything to assist our structure.

We need to experiment and find another small forward option before the season is over. Otherwise we will run cotchin and Martin into the ground. Yet we have players like Helbig, Dea (known forwards) and other who are playing as defenders. How many small defenders do we need??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do something about it now Hardwick!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Small forwards
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »
Ummm are you asking him to recruit a proper small forward right now?

We dont have a decent small forward in the squad atm.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:07:06 PM »
I've been thinking about this for weeks. But the fact that we have to reply on Cotchin and Martin to be our best midfielders and our best small forwards is proof our small forward talent just isn't up to it.

Nahas 3 out of 10
King 4 out off 10
Edwards 2 out of 10
White 2 out off 10
Marric 1 out of 10

We need to experiment and find another small forward option before the season is over. Otherwise we will run cotchin and Martin into the ground. Yet we have players like Helbig, Dea (known forwards) and other who are playing as defenders. How many small defenders do we need??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah do something draft a small fwd in this weeks draft.... ::)

And for the record:-

Nahas 1 out of 10
King 4 out off 10
Edwards 5 out of 10
White 0 out off 10
Marric 4 out of 10

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:11:56 PM »
Better still instead of hardwick drafting a small forward this week why don't one of the ones we have step up and kick some goals

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:13:43 PM »
Better still instead of hardwick drafting a small forward this week why don't one of the ones we have step up and kick some goals

Because they are poot

10 FLAGS

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »
We should probably try and draft Ben Kennedy from Glenelg. He is supposed to be a very good footballer who can also take a turn in the middle.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »
Need to try ohallaon or turner.

Helbig would be perfect.

I would even try aarnot as defensive fwd

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 06:59:44 AM »
Try Helbig when he is back from injury. We need someone like Yarran or Davey from Essendon up in the forward line. They have class and are good tacklers.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 09:30:12 PM »

Nahas 3 out of 10
King 4 out off 10
Edwards 2 out of 10
White 2 out off 10
Marric 1 out of 10

Yeah do something draft a small fwd in this weeks draft.... ::)

And for the record:-

Nahas 1 out of 10
King 4 out off 10
Edwards 5 out of 10
White 0 out off 10
Marric 4 out of 10

Nahas 3 out of 10
King 4 out off 10
Edwards 2 out of 10
White 2 out off 10
Marric 1 out of 10

Given the fact we recruited Maric and Ohaloran means Hardwick n co know that White is not good, King is getting past it, Nahas was in overdrive last year (and this year hasn't kept up that speed) and edwards has so so disposal.  They must have also known Maric was probably average too.

Any one of those players could go into overdrive and have a good year this year, but their fundamental talent level says they wont ever be great players.

Also between King and Nahas we have had 3 years of average AFL standard small forward play.  It has not been our weakest area so why spend the draft bucks on improving that area.  We will eventually, but it has been wise not to fix what wasn't our squeakiest wheel. 

I'm sure we'd love a Brett Heady (showing my age there) or Stephen Milne but to spend high draft picks on a small forward would be insanity.  Don't people remember Aaron Fiora?

As to playing OHaloran, that seems a bit silly if he doesn't earn it over King, Nahas or white.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 09:39:25 PM »
Many of the best small forwards have come from state leagues. We need to keep our eyes peeled.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 09:51:42 PM »
Thread title should read"Annoying Small Forwards"
When the opposition hate them, they're normally good
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 07:03:20 AM »
Nahas has not been rubbish! He had a filthy one against West Coast.  He had some blinders earlier though dunno why you are all crapping on him, last week no one could get hold of him.  This week he was worn like a glove, probably because they saw how he played the week prior.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 10:26:38 AM »
Nahas has not been rubbish! He had a filthy one against West Coast.  He had some blinders earlier though dunno why you are all crapping on him, last week no one could get hold of him.  This week he was worn like a glove, probably because they saw how he played the week prior.

Reported :police: making sence and speaking truths on this forum will see you permently banned, please tone it down a little :shh

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 11:04:01 AM »
Many of the best small forwards have come from state leagues. We need to keep our eyes peeled.

Agree with this. perfect type to utilise the rookie list for. Hopefully Turner offers us something.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 09:23:37 PM »
Need to go shopping for some classy small forwards over summer.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd