Author Topic: Small forwards  (Read 15984 times)

Gigantor

Re: Small forwards
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 08:38:45 PM »
please refer to tambling as pick 20..it softens the blow of losing this champion

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »
I really don't see why some are so in love with mini maric.

I haven't seen anything to be too excited about. And the fact that he was at the dees for 4 years then got delisted by them after the club couldn't find a trade for him.

I've read by some that "he can play".
Might be the case at vfl level but he's a long way from being any good at afl level.

And i'm sick of these tiny players clogging our list. Just get talented midfielders who can play forward and kick goals when they rotate there.  ie Cotchin, Martin etc. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 11:05:20 PM »
And i'm sick of these tiny players clogging our list. Just get talented midfielders who can play forward and kick goals when they rotate there.  ie Cotchin, Martin etc.

Great idea! I'm actually shocked that we didn't try and pick up Coniglio, Tyson or Wingard this year! WTF were our recruiters thinking????

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »

Just get talented midfielders who can play forward and kick goals when they rotate there.  ie Cotchin, Martin etc.

Ingenious!   

:lol

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »

Just get talented midfielders who can play forward and kick goals when they rotate there.  ie Cotchin, Martin etc.

Ingenious!   

I couldnt believe it either Willy! I just can't believe this has never been thought of before! If I was you Tigra, I would paten the  idea emmediatly as I believe this is set to revolutionize the AFL world and the way recruiters start going about there business!

the claw

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
I really don't see why some are so in love with mini maric.

I haven't seen anything to be too excited about. And the fact that he was at the dees for 4 years then got delisted by them after the club couldn't find a trade for him.

I've read by some that "he can play".
Might be the case at vfl level but he's a long way from being any good at afl level.

we dont actually have all that many smalls any more.  what do we call a small inder 6ft or under 180cm.

lets see  180cm and under.

foley -  pretty decent player.
nahas  - a limited player whos so one sided its not funny who lacks size and polish.
king - just a battler in every way.
turner - a highly skilled rookie on the very light side.
maric - another rookie with great skills but lacks intensity and a defensive bone in his body.
arnott - a big bodied late pick whos only knock atm is probably motor.
white - another dud who lacks polish vision and skill. but he can run fast lol.
houli - well most love him. me i think him defensively lacking and limited in what roles he can perform.

8 smalls and the reality is only one has been a consistent performer foley.  two rookie long shots maric turner.  a limited but good skilled one houli. a first yr late pick arnot. and three duds.

our trouble goes deeper though  if the criteria to classify players small is under 183 or 6ft. you can then add.
edwards - the typical glass half full.
ellis - a first yr first rnd draft pick who looks okay.
webberley - who looks gone being just average in everything.

that would make 11 and so few of real quality. it would have to be the most underskilled group of talls in the afl as well as the biggest group of glass half fulls.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2012, 11:41:10 PM »
So if Houli is so limited are you saying that playing him off the half back flank to free up Deledio to play midfield/forward isn't working? He plays a roll and he plays it better than anyone else we have on the list at the moment. But hey, with your 19 changes next season we won't have to worrie about it, we will find someone better anyway!

dwaino

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2012, 11:52:16 PM »
So if Houli is so limited are you saying that playing him off the half back flank to free up Deledio to play midfield/forward isn't working? He plays a roll and he plays it better than anyone else we have on the list at the moment. But hey, with your 19 changes next season we won't have to worrie about it, we will find someone better anyway!

the claw

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 11:55:21 PM »
lol but if you want to go down the path of putting words into peoples mouth two can certainly play that game.
you want to debate whats actually been said fine. you want to play silly buggers dont cry to the mods when you cop it back.
now did i say we can cut 19 in one go or not. id say  your not big enough to admit it anyway.
so you make things up to get a look in. lets see just how much integrity you have.point out where i said we can cut 19 in one yr or have the guts to say your wr wr wr wronnnggg lol.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:10:45 AM by one-eyed »

dwaino

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 11:58:10 PM »
You know you're struggling when you have to crack out a insult.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:15:17 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 11:59:35 PM »
You know you're struggling when you have to crack out a insult.

claw, that's terrible  :police:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:15:37 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 12:07:53 AM »
Was I wrong, really? Did you not Post a list 19 players in a thread titled "who is under the pump" where other people have been posting there lists of who they think should be cut at seasons end?
Oh, yes you did! Did you out line anywhere at what stage you would cut them? No you didn't! So considering the post was based on who is under the pump at seasons end one would only assume your list was of those you want cut at seasons end! If you can't write our post up properly or be bothered to even read what the thread is about before you add you 2 cents worth then don't crook at others for misinterpretating it.......

gerkin greg

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 12:18:05 AM »
 :ROTFL

agree with claw

the claw

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2012, 12:26:53 AM »
Was I wrong, really? Did you not Post a list 19 players in a thread titled "who is under the pump" where other people have been posting there lists of who they think should be cut at seasons end?
Oh, yes you did! Did you out line anywhere at what stage you would cut them? No you didn't! So considering the post was based on who is under the pump at seasons end one would only assume your list was of those you want cut at seasons end! If you can't write our post up properly or be bothered to even read what the thread is about before you add you 2 cents worth then don't crook at others for misinterpretating it.......
sheesh what gibberish is that swahili or something.or is it the sound of posts moving.

did i  not at the very start of my post all by itself say
in the gun, glass half full or struggling.

i see you get all upset because you dont read to well.

i believe the title of the thread was WHO IS UNDER THE PUMP. that could mean several things so i took it just a bit further.

id suggest if your going to get all hot under the collar and sarcastic you read things just a little more closely.
now back on topic you havent answered of the 18 left who i got wrong. you cared enough to get all sarcastic surely you care enough to actually address the players mentioned and weather they are in the gun, struggling, or a glass hald full.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2012, 12:28:53 AM »
sheesh what gibberish is that swahili or something.or is it the sound of posts moving.

did i  not at the very start of my post all by itself say
in the gun, glass half full or struggling.

i see you get all upset because you dont read to well.

i believe the title of the thread was WHO IS UNDER THE PUMP. that could mean several things so i took it just a bit further.

id suggest if your going to get all hot under the collar and sarcastic you read things just a little more closely.
now back on topic you havent answered of the 18 left who i got wrong. you cared enough to get all sarcastic surely you care enough to actually address the players mentioned and weather they are in the gun, struggling, or a glass hald full.

No offence, but you're the last person that should be making remarks like this.