Author Topic: Angus Graham red carded (sent off) in the VFL today  (Read 6375 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Angus Graham red carded (sent off) in the VFL today
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »
Lack of clear evidence got Gus off...

Graham, 25, was sent off after allegedly kicking Searl while lying on the ground after a mark during the first half.

But tribunal chairman Eddie Power said the tribunal was unsure after watching footage of Graham's incident that his foot had made contact with Searl. Therefore a charge could not be sustained.

Browne, 21, was found guilty of handling umpire Jason Schilling and fined $400.

The tribunal ruled that while Browne had made contact with the umpire, it was not reckless, negligent or intentional.

The ball had been kicked to him and he'd bumped into the umpire without seeing him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/135800/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2012, 02:32:36 AM »
Gus has an ankle injury ...

Tiger beats charge
Brent Diamond
The Age
May 16, 2012

RICHMOND ruckman Angus Graham was last night cleared by the VFL tribunal of allegedly kicking North Ballarat defender Michael Searl at the weekend.

But Graham, who was red-carded for the incident in the second term while playing for Coburg, remains in doubt to take his place this week after he sustained an ankle injury in the marking contest against Searl.

His rolled ankle may rule him out of contention for a recall for Saturday night's AFL match against Essendon, in which he may have been the support for Ivan Maric against Bomber talls Tom Bellchambers and Paddy Ryder.

Graham argued at the VFL tribunal that he had put his leg out to "loosen" his ankle. The umpire believed the movement was intentional. "He's [Searl] hit my foot and it's put me off balance," Graham said.

"It's my left ankle, I've rolled it out and done all the ligaments in my ankle. It's swollen and bruised. Obviously it's busted it all and I was just in a lot of pain.''

Searl, who spoke via a conference call, said Graham had "lashed out" through frustration because of suffering an injury but admitted the kick had only "brushed" his right leg.

The three-man panel adjudicated that there was no contact with Searl from the kick.

Ruckman Andrew Browne was fined $400 for contact with an umpire in the same match but remains available for a recall to the Richmond team.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-beats-charge-20120515-1yp2e.html#ixzz1uxNJYvjV

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2012, 05:20:03 AM »

It's good news he got off,

Not if it means he plays seniors.

God smoke, give him a break mate, he is better IMO than one we have in side now...just my opinion.

Bit rich WAT, coming from someone who, on the very odd occasion, has a tap at poor old Shed!   ::)

He has less talent than Shed has in his little finger and has provided far less to the team over their respective careers thus far...just my opinion.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2012, 05:31:24 AM »
Pull your head in ol' Smokey. Gus is working harder than last season and he's playing with more intensity. His ability was never in question.

He might be working harder and playing with more intensity Coach but he still isn't up to AFL standard regardless and while I don't wish any bad luck or anything towards the guy I just don't ever want to see him in our senior team again.  I think his ability is the main thing in question to be honest - he is only a State League level player and will only ever be in my opinion.  Browne has been mentioned in the best players more often for Coburg this season and seems to have improved further than Graham, and I don't believe he will make it either but he has the upside of time on his side (for a ruckman), Graham is 25 this season in his 5th year at the club and just hasn't shown anywhere enough improvement or potential for mine.  You can't teach ticker and I don't think he has any.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2012, 09:07:56 AM »
Terrible post.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »
Would play Gus this week

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2012, 10:26:08 AM »
Would play Gus this week

Out injured (ankle)

Post might be the way to go?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »

It's good news he got off,

Not if it means he plays seniors.

God smoke, give him a break mate, he is better IMO than one we have in side now...just my opinion.

Bit rich WAT, coming from someone who, on the very odd occasion, has a tap at poor old Shed!   ::)

He has less talent than Shed has in his little finger and has provided far less to the team over their respective careers thus far...just my opinion.

Crap smoke....just my opinion.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2012, 05:47:06 PM »
ol' Smokey,

BrownE got in the best players for the first time this weekend. Gus has been in there nearly every week whice is why he's been named 1st emergency 5 times for Richmond this season. Gus can play. Not sure if you've seen a Coburg game this season or watched any highlights? Graham has been good. I don't know if he's got the tank to play AFL level as a #1 ruck but the bloke does have SOME talent. I've seen him kick more at VFL level and his kicking is very solid. His marking has improved and like I said before, he's playing with more intensity and he's lifted his work rate. His 2011 was poohouse. I bagged him plenty of time. But I reckon in 09 and 10' he was a very solid young ruckman.

Not saying he's going to be at the club forever but he's the 2nd best ruckman this club has by an absolute mile. You won't see him get 'rotated' into the 3rds like Browne and Derickx.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2012, 06:20:39 PM »
Would play Gus this week

I would too without hesitation..................in the Coburg side

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »
ol' Smokey,

BrownE got in the best players for the first time this weekend. Gus has been in there nearly every week whice is why he's been named 1st emergency 5 times for Richmond this season. Gus can play. Not sure if you've seen a Coburg game this season or watched any highlights? Graham has been good. I don't know if he's got the tank to play AFL level as a #1 ruck but the bloke does have SOME talent. I've seen him kick more at VFL level and his kicking is very solid. His marking has improved and like I said before, he's playing with more intensity and he's lifted his work rate. His 2011 was poohouse. I bagged him plenty of time. But I reckon in 09 and 10' he was a very solid young ruckman.

Not saying he's going to be at the club forever but he's the 2nd best ruckman this club has by an absolute mile. You won't see him get 'rotated' into the 3rds like Browne and Derickx.

I stand corrected Coach, your post made me go back through the old Coburg reports because I believed in my perception that Browne has had a very good start to the season but you are correct in that he has only just started to make the best in the past couple of weeks and Graham by contrast has been consistently in the best players.   :thumbsup

Unfortunately I still can't come around to your belief that he has "some" talent except at the level he is currently playing at.  I don't think he has the capacity at the top level and I base that on my observations of him over the past few seasons when he has played in the seniors.  IMHO he lacks the 'essentials' - heart, ability and footy brain.  At the end of the day I'm sure he is going to get a couple of chances this season and when he pulls on the jumper I will cheer for him (and support him) like every other player but I just can't get myself to believe he will make it.  He might end up making me look like a total dill (he wouldn't be the first  ;D ) and if he does then what a great win for the club but just like WAT can't jump on the Edwards train, likewise I will stand on the platform and watch what happens with the Big Caboose, trusting my instinct that he will be shunted to a siding and into AFL oblivion.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »
ol' Smokey,

I stand corrected Coach, your post made me go back through the old Coburg reports because I believed in my perception that Browne has had a very good start to the season but you are correct in that he has only just started to make the best in the past couple of weeks and Graham by contrast has been consistently in the best players.   :thumbsup

Unfortunately I still can't come around to your belief that he has "some" talent except at the level he is currently playing at.  I don't think he has the capacity at the top level and I base that on my observations of him over the past few seasons when he has played in the seniors.  IMHO he lacks the 'essentials' - heart, ability and footy brain.  At the end of the day I'm sure he is going to get a couple of chances this season and when he pulls on the jumper I will cheer for him (and support him) like every other player but I just can't get myself to believe he will make it.  He might end up making me look like a total dill (he wouldn't be the first  ;D ) and if he does then what a great win for the club but just like WAT can't jump on the Edwards train, likewise I will stand on the platform and watch what happens with the Big Caboose, trusting my instinct that he will be shunted to a siding and into AFL oblivion.

Train wreck you mean..... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »
fair enough, Smokey. :thumbsup