Author Topic: Addam Maric fined for driving while licence suspended & driving unregistered car  (Read 644 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond footballer Addam Maric fined for driving while licence suspended and driving unregistered car

Mark Dunn
    June 06, 2012 12:04PM

RICHMOND footballer Addam Maric has been fined $700 for driving while his licence was suspended and driving an unregistered motor car on the day he was delisted from the Demons.

The small forward was pulled over by police using automatic number plate recognition technology on Olympic Blvd near the MCG on October 5 last year, shortly after attending a meeting with Melbourne Football Club officials who told him his services were no longer required, Melbourne Magistrates' Court heard.

It was supposed to be a good day when he was called to the club meeting but things went downhill, his defence lawyer told the court.

Maric, who was subsequently picked up by the Tigers and has played five of the ten rounds this season, was unaware he had lost his licence after losing his final demerit points at a traffic camera, lawyer Paul Kouris told the court.

"I'm not a Richmond supporter,'' Magistrate Frank Jones said.

"He's not the only AFL footballer who has been driving while suspended, some of the others have been more serious than his,'' Mr Jones said.

Mr Kouris told the court Maric had experienced a "comedy of errors'' on the day of the offences.

"It was the day he was deregistered from his club (at Melbourne).

"We have a situation here where he thought he was licensed ... it was an honest mistake.''

The court heard Maric had moved homes and had not received letters from VicRoads alerting him to his licence suspension or that the registration on his Ford Falcon had elapsed.

Mr Kouris said Maric, 22, was earning $55,000 a year playing for Richmond and it was his first time before a court.

Magistrate Jones said it was a "combination of errors and shouldn't be blown up by the press''.

"Make sure you open your mail,'' he told Maric.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/richmond-footballer-addam-maric-fined-for-driving-while-licence-suspended-and-driving-unregistered-car/story-fn7x8me2-1226386017870

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Melbourne what a rabble.  :shh

gerkin greg

Ford man eh

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
lol this isn't newsworthy.

VicRoads = worse than al quada

hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH