Author Topic: Cloke??  (Read 117686 times)

dwaino

Re: Cloke??
« Reply #300 on: July 25, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »
Obvious bias here, but this morning on Triple M, Eddie said he asked Gary March this morning and Gary said we would prefer to develop our own.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: July 25, 2012, 10:19:09 AM »
Obvious bias here, but this morning on Triple M, Eddie said he asked Gary March this morning and Gary said we would prefer to develop our own.

Gary lying to Eddie? Eddie's head will explode if he finds out we lied. ;D

Offline tigerwoods

• Future Richmond star
  • beware the sleeping giant
« Reply #302 on: July 25, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
Craig Cameron just spoke to KB on SEN and said Richmond will be making a move, but treading very carefully, acting through Ralph Carr rather than thru David and travis. Said Richmond have the funds but it would prove 'challenging' to complete such a deal and maintain the group of young players we are developing.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #303 on: July 25, 2012, 04:44:57 PM »
Cloke is a handy player without being a star, would fit in perfectly.

However I don't want the club to pay overs for him. He isn't setting the world on fire in a good Collingwood side with Dawes and a 3rd tall down there most of the time allowing him to be 1 on 1 most contests. He also has an ordinary set shot for goal efficiency.

I'm all up for getting Cloke but not for what he is demanding $1m a year for 5 years. No chance. If we have $5mil to spend, would think there are better options than Cloke.

Would happy to see him in an RFC jumper but at a affordable price.
Go Tigers!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #304 on: July 25, 2012, 04:57:13 PM »
Shane Edwards is a handy player. Travis Cloke is one of the best key forwards in the comp and the best mark in the comp.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #305 on: July 25, 2012, 05:20:58 PM »
Shane Edwards is a handy player. Travis Cloke is one of the best key forwards in the comp and the best mark in the comp.

and he can't kick
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #306 on: July 25, 2012, 06:01:21 PM »
70.48 last season suggests otherwise

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: July 25, 2012, 06:05:13 PM »
i hope we get cloke.

i'd just love the cloke contract circus at punt rd in a few years time.

It is truly riveting stuff watching a mercenary scum father son partnership try to screw over their current club.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: July 25, 2012, 06:10:42 PM »
smells like danger
after what weve been through for the last 30 yrs, all we need is to sign him up on a big contract and either one of the following:
a: does not regain his good form and we continue to be the laughing stock of the afl, but even worse cos we paid overs
b: does not regain his good form and we lose good players due to overpaying for him and a guest house for his dad and continue to rebuild albeit with less money
c: he does regain his good form but we still may lose out on good players we already have or the ability to recruit more great players

I'll support the club in their decision, however if my hard earned that Ive put into mbrships, mrc, ftf, apparel and merch go up against wind in a half baked plan it will be the last time.  :yep

Any future moves must be in line with the excellent foundations that have already been laid.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #309 on: July 25, 2012, 06:31:15 PM »
At the end of the day we have FA decent players we could loose! Aside from Cotch, Lids, Dusty and Jack there is no one I wouldn't be disappointed in seeing go. Sign him up or 4 years and by then we will know where our youngens are at anyway. I would be very confident we could fit him in if we needed to.

dwaino

« Reply #310 on: July 25, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »
I'm confident that in the off chance we did snag Cloke, it wouldn't have been done in a stupid way. After the way we dealt with the mumbles Craig issue last time I am positive that is the way the RFC now conducts its business.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #311 on: July 25, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »
I would sign Cotchin, Riewoldt and Martin first before I would even consider Cloke!

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: July 25, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »
the journos cant help themselves the word
out on the town is that the tiggers and clokes
are hooking up once again just like the good ol
days. :gobdrop

cloke and tiggers will read the headlines.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #313 on: July 25, 2012, 08:07:12 PM »
There's more to come with this story
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #314 on: July 25, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »
Yes there is