Author Topic: Finding 9 more wins to make the 8  (Read 15631 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Finding 9 more wins to make the 8
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »
One down eight to go. Thirteen games remaining. Oh and a reasonable % given who we have played so far. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 05:29:23 AM »
8 more wins should definitely get us into the finals.

Freo - W
GWS (A) - W
--------------------------- BYE ...... hopefully it doesn't break the momentum we have going now.
Adel (A) - 50/50 ...... will be a good test although the Pies showed you can win over there.
Melb - W
GC (Cairns) - W
North - W
Carl - 50/50 .... on current form and with their injuries we'd win
Bris (A) - W
Dogs - W
Freo (A) - 50/50 ..... on current form we'd win
Ess - 50/50 ......  should have Rance, Griffs and Grimes back in defence against their tall forwards.
Port - W
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 11:18:50 PM »
Hawks, Blues and Cats all on 6 wins now so we're only a game out.

Carlton play Geelong and the Eagles in Perth over the next two weeks. So they could fall out of the Eight and let us in  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 11:31:28 PM »

Carlton play Geelong and the Eagles in Perth over the next two weeks. So they could fall out of the Eight and let us in  :thumbsup.

Would be amazing. I think we are a big chance to knock them off next time too. They have Hawks and Pies after Eagles.  :lol :lol :lol :lol :pray :pray

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 11:36:18 PM »

Would be amazing. I think we are a big chance to knock them off next time too. They have Hawks and Pies after Eagles.  :lol :lol :lol :lol :pray :pray

Need to capitalise on our solid % now and have good solid wins against Freo and GWS to push our % to 115+. Furthermore games against Melbourne and Gold Coast should see us as a priority get the 4 points but continue to build our percentage to get to a level where we can compete on a win loss ratio only with the sides around us who have already played the minnows of the comp whose % is sitting at 120+. Imperative we remain focused now that the calibre of opposition appears weaker.

the claw

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 11:54:49 PM »
still think we are a small injury run away from missing. but as every week goes by and we stay healthy and the easier the draw becomes one has to concede we are now a real chance.

really hope we can gift another few young players games like griffiths and they step up and we can pencil in  a few more pieces of the puzzle.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 11:57:41 PM »
still think we are a small injury run away from missing. but as every week goes by and we stay healthy and the easier the draw becomes one has to concede we are now a real chance.

really hope we can gift another few young players games like griffiths and they step up and we can pencil in  a few more pieces of the puzzle.

I think if we can get Astbury up and running we may have solved a few KPP issues. :thumbsup

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 12:45:19 AM »

Carlscum out and us in  that would be a dream come true.

I would love to play them next week we would smash 'em.
But I still reckon that would happen next time and hopefully that game slams the door shut on any finals action for those cheats.   :birthday
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 07:42:48 AM »
We probably cannot expect to continue at this level for the remainder of the year.
If we can jag a couple of wins when playing poorly and avoid an Essendon like defeat we might just sneak in.
I wonder if we might rue missing one or two wins when playing Eagles, Cats and even Bombers as they were all winnable games
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 08:33:21 AM »
My final eight is, in this order:

West Coast
Adelaide
Collingwood
Essendon
Richmond
Hawthorn
Carlton
Sydney
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:38:15 AM by Ruanaidh »

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 09:26:43 AM »
Reckon we will end up 4th or 5th.
Easy draw ahead
No more games at Etihad .
Destiny is in our hands as most of the teams above us either play each other (look at next weeks draw) and or will self destruct, as the Bombers and Carlton will.
Might add we will beat both these teams later in year ;)

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 09:29:09 AM »

But I still reckon that would happen next time and hopefully that game slams the door shut on any finals action for those cheats.   :birthday

Its not as much a pipe dream as you would think, they have a much tougher draw from here than many other teams and if they dont get Murphy and Carazzo back they might just be F!@#$ed

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »

Its not as much a pipe dream as you would think, they have a much tougher draw from here than many other teams and if they dont get Murphy and Carazzo back they might just be F!@#$ed

and how sweet would that be?? muhahahaha  :birthday :birthday
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 01:12:08 PM »
After the break the top 8 will start beating up on each other. Carlton will probably drop their next two, but St Kilda have GC next week and will move in before us, but have Adelaide at AAMI the week after when we have GWS. Us, St Kilda and Carlton have byes the same week which is handy. Having Adelaide at AAMI the week after might hurt and we'll really need to knock off Carlton and Essendon IMO to get in otherwise we'll be stuck a game outside the 8. Really can't afford to drop danger games like the Bumdogs.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 01:40:35 PM »
My final eight is, in this order:

West Coast
Adelaide
Collingwood
Essendon
Richmond
Hawthorn
Carlton
Sydney

Lol we would be 50/50 to make a Granny with that draw provided Adelaide beat Collingwood in the first week.

vs Sydney at MCG
vs Essendon at MCG
vs Adelaide at AAMI
Granny vs West Coast at MCG  :lol