Author Topic: Francis  (Read 4547 times)

Moi

Francis
« on: April 18, 2005, 06:48:11 PM »
Bourkie is filling in at my local newsagent.  So, i've been going there nearly every night just to check him out, but do you think i can go up and say hi.  Not on your life - too shy believe it or not. 

Anyone else get tongue tied when you see your idols?  I hardly ever say hi to players for this reason.  Figure why would they want to an old fart like me lol

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Francis
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:41:12 PM »
Moi - just casually tell him that you are a friend on mine and he will chat like crazy  ;D

Seriously, he is a really down to earth guy. If you just said to him that you are a Tiger fan and tell him how long you have been supporting them he will be extremely interested. Tell him you are a Player Link member - tell him anything !

Thursday would be a good day to say hello  ;)

Go on - you can do it - let us know how you go.

cya

Moi

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 10:11:23 PM »
If i was as brazen as i am on here, i'd do it - but i think you know me better than that, Jerry  :shh
Oh well, next time i'll bring you along and you can introduce me.
BTW, where did you nick off to on Sunday - you slipped out while i wasn't looking lol

2JD

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 12:26:27 PM »
I'm the same as you Moi, I can never think of anything to say, I mean you could ask the same things that they probly get asked a hundred times a day, but what else is there...."nice weather we're having" "where do you stand on immigration,  freeway tolls, the use of plastic shopping bags???" lol
But never mind, I'm happy just looking ;)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 03:24:16 PM »
Reminds me of when Giaan Rooney used to swim at the same pool my kids have lessons from.  There had been all this speculation in the papers as to whether she was going out with Michael Klim.  This one day, I was paying my money and she was in the office there talking to the owners so I just asked her straight out "Is it true what they're saying about you and Michael Klim in the papers".  She just blushed and said "yes" which really surprised me and then Terry the pool manager told us to stop being sticky beaks - lol.

Bulluss

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 08:43:04 PM »
Maybe you should try after a few Reds!!!!! :shh

Moi

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 09:09:43 PM »
You trying to say i'm an old soak, Bully lol
I am actually.  I had the biggest headache on Sunday at the game, but did that stop me from enjoying one?
Not on your life lol

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 07:07:32 AM »
Finding something topical to talk about is the key.

How about this for an opener: "Hey Francis, what's the go with that dud son of yours?"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 06:46:56 PM »
Moi as your gettiing milk, bread and paper just say the Tiges are doing well Francis...

Then ask him why he played Ian Sartori in the 82 grand final  ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd