Author Topic: edwards  (Read 7748 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: edwards
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »
keep's on pumping up his trade value!!

How good does he have to play to not be trade value???  As i've said in previous post, there isnt many players in the afl with Edwards ability in traffic but there are a plethora of them that shank the odd kick.. Edwards will play plenty of football at the Tigers

To put it in context, until he is no longer expendable to the team structure or there are no other upgrade options.

Boak is an upgrade option, and IMHO worthy of pusuit, and Edwards has some attributes that Port may find attractive to get a deal done with a sweetener required.

I have no doubt that Boak would improve the RFC midfield, and that Edwards current role can be performed by another junior  developing midfielder.

Very good post and if that trade came off we wold be a mile in front!! Book would be the player that helps complete our side, throw in one more decent ruck man, one more back, centre and or forward...= finals/GF!!

boak for edwards

now ive heard it all

while we are at it, lets swap gus for nik natanui
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2012, 06:01:43 PM »

How good does he have to play to not be trade value???  As i've said in previous post, there isnt many players in the afl with Edwards ability in traffic but there are a plethora of them that shank the odd kick.. Edwards will play plenty of football at the Tigers

To put it in context, until he is no longer expendable to the team structure or there are no other upgrade options.

Boak is an upgrade option, and IMHO worthy of pusuit, and Edwards has some attributes that Port may find attractive to get a deal done with a sweetener required.

I have no doubt that Boak would improve the RFC midfield, and that Edwards current role can be performed by another junior  developing midfielder.

Very good post and if that trade came off we wold be a mile in front!! Book would be the player that helps complete our side, throw in one more decent ruck man, one more back, centre and or forward...= finals/GF!!

boak for edwards

now ive heard it all

And Moore for Scarlett

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2012, 06:05:33 PM »
Well, some here seem to think Edwards is a star so we must be able to trade him for another star....;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Gigantor

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »
Poor titch he gets it more from of us than any opponent ...I know here we are all passionate tigers and deprived of success for way too long,so yes we should discuss his playing ability.Just one thing though ..he gets a game because the coaches see stuff our untrained eyes dont,or he gets a game because his replacement hasnt come along yet.or just maybe he plays his role to team expectations.

and yep there are times when i have sat back and thought how the hell does this guy get a game

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2012, 06:22:27 PM »

boak for edwards

now ive heard it all

And Moore for Scarlett

Think you blokes missed this part

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »
lol.

the claw

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2012, 06:34:25 PM »

very good post and sums up how i feel about edwards. this is yr 6 and he is playing at or very close to his best. what happens when he invariably slips back to what he has always given us in the main.

i think hes had a decent 3 weeks but i have no doubt after almost 6 yrs we can and should be aiming for better.  to me 3 games or even a decent finish to the season is no reason to not be looking for better.
 for sure atm hes a better option than nahas and king both forward and thru the middle ive never seen such less skillful smalls as those two.
id give a right arm to have a harper play in the forward line and bring in a highly skilled running mid to replace nahas and edwards.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 06:44:06 PM »
and he is playing at or very close to his best.

How do you know this

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2012, 06:48:02 PM »
I reckon he's found his spot playing predominatly close to goal.....he looks dangerous , all of the time...he's a lock in the team right now, move on  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Ruanaidh

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2012, 07:25:28 PM »
I reckon he's found his spot playing predominatly close to goal.....he looks dangerous , all of the time...he's a lock in the team right now, move on  :shh
Agreed.

the claw

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2012, 07:35:51 PM »

How do you know this
a simple comparison to the best yr he has given us will do the trick.

we have invariably had patches of games where he has performed at around this level give or take but the constant has always been him slipping back into mediocrity.what hes given the last 3 or 4 weeks is no better than anything thats gone before. hes very close to his best.
if he could consistently perform at tthe level of the last 3 weeks he would be a passable player but that not been the case and 6 yrs in is not likely to change.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »

How do you know this
a simple comparison to the best yr he has given us will do the trick.

we have invariably had patches of games where he has performed at around this level give or take but the constant has always been him slipping back into mediocrity.what hes given the last 3 or 4 weeks is no better than anything thats gone before. hes very close to his best.
if he could consistently perform at tthe level of the last 3 weeks he would be a passable player but that not been the case and 6 yrs in is not likely to change.

Fair renough I thought you may have been pulling it from ur bum

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »
Sometimes I actually think you are Edwards, or his wife.

Oh this old chestnut again. Think you need some new material.

Just a gentle reminder that Edwards has just inked a fresh 2 year deal so it's not just me who rates him.
So does his coach who's doing great things at Tigerland in case you have been missing it.

But yeah keep hurling abuse if it makes you feel better about your opinions.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »
check mate

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »
I think some are selling him short on last years performances.. He predominantly did run with roles last year and after a fractured cheek in round 8, (he had the job on Griffin that night) albeit for 5 minutes .. He had been in good form before that and it stuffed us up structurally in the 1st qtr in that game when he went off . I'm not sure where some are getting the idea he was playing across half back last year. i dont remember him being there at all.  He did follow his man into the backline but thats about it as far as i remember.  It was always Batch, Houli, Lids, Newman and Conca running off the backline..

Titch the last few weeks has been "freed up" and hasnt had to run with a player.. He is a great runner and its only the last 2 years he's actually put the weight on thats necessary.  As with a lot of indigenous players they dont have hulking bodies and take longer to mature..

Titch has always shown he has something about him, i just think he's a late maturing player, but then he's only 23 so he has another 10 years of footy in front of him.  He'll never be a Cotchin or a Rioli but he is a solid contributor and every team needs them..