Author Topic: DEA  (Read 6205 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: DEA
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2012, 11:51:26 AM »
with miller we and the club know exactly what we are getting.the fact he keeps getting a game is more a testament to the poor form of vicks and of other youngsters pushing up( or not) for selection
"we know what we are getting"
....that old chestnut.....
So what are we getting?
- a Melbourne fc reject
- a 29 year old hack that was delisted by Melbourne fc
- a player that can't kick over 40 metres
- a player who doesn't read the play well
- a player who consistently gets in jacks way.
- a player who doesn't block space for Jack
- a player that doesn't have the respect of ANY backman in the league especially outside 40 metres
- a player taking a spot of a young kpf that may help fastrack his development.
- etc. etc. etc. 

I'm not sure how anyone can feel his inclusion in the team is of any benefit to our team development.
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »
with miller we and the club know exactly what we are getting.the fact he keeps getting a game is more a testament to the poor form of vicks and of other youngsters pushing up( or not) for selection
"we know what we are getting"
....that old chestnut.....
So what are we getting?
- a Melbourne fc reject
- a 29 year old hack that was delisted by Melbourne fc
- a player that can't kick over 40 metres
- a player who doesn't read the play well
- a player who consistently gets in jacks way.
- a player who doesn't block space for Jack
- a player that doesn't have the respect of ANY backman in the league especially outside 40 metres
- a player taking a spot of a young kpf that may help fastrack his development.
- etc. etc. etc. 

I'm not sure how anyone can feel his inclusion in the team is of any benefit to our team development.

of all the points you make I agree with your first ,second and last point,and maybe his kicking .of all the others unless you have some inside knowledge i beg to differ.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »
Forget about stats
Have watched the replay twice
Weak today

Look closely at the stats, the devil is in the dea-tail. He does good chasin tail too
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2012, 12:32:40 PM »
Forget about stats
Weak today
if you watched the replay twice you wouldve noticed how hopeless your man Miller was.
..... And how many times he got into another players way.

mate, you want to have a look at Vickerys games this year, HORROR MOVIE !!!!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »
Decided yesterday to watch a handful of players a lot closer than usual because I've been told I am too harsh on certainly players and not harsh enough on others ;D

So yesterday I paid particular attention to:

Dea
Connors
Miller
King
Grigg

Now I also want to go on record as saying I haven't watched the replay yet because I didn't get home until late last night  ;D

So I have no idea how certain things looked or as is the case with TV how much off the ball work got picked up

But I have to say that outside his poor decision making (choosing to handball over kicking too often) I thought it was close to Dea's best game yesterday. His hard running and pressure acts off the ball were very good. Played his role really well.

IMHO was a solid improvement on previous weeks

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2012, 01:41:14 PM »
Forget about stats
Weak today
if you watched the replay twice you wouldve noticed how hopeless your man Miller was.

OK but atleast by playing him you eventually you can make the call on whether or not he can make it. So you can trade him or keep him or delist.
But what's the point of having Miller play???
NONE. Useless player. Not even a hasbeen. NEVER was good enough. NEVER will be good enough.
POINTLESS playing and old hack reject that won't do anything for our team development let alone young player development moving forward.
This year is a VERY important Development year and is crucial to our teams fortunes next year and beyond.
You can clearly see and voice your opinion on Dea that has played only a handful of games but continue to stick up for Miller that does NOTHING against a team of kids.
Miller is a liability to our teams development. FACT.
With Vickery in the team we altleast fast track his development or see if he's up to it. Either way we win and we don't die wondering. Also on last years form we already know what he's capable of as a starting point.
If not Vickery try another young KPF. And you win either way. But with Miller even if he plays well kicks the odd goal this year then what benefit will it have for next year or 2014?  NONE.   
I'm flabbergasted that you can't see it and the fact that you thought he'd kick eight. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »

But I have to say that outside his poor decision making (choosing to handball over kicking too often) I thought it was close to Dea's best game yesterday. His hard running and pressure acts off the ball were very good. Played his role really well.

I also thought he played a reasonable game yesterday, WP.  I was also please with the turn around of Rance and Griff in the later stages of the game.  They started running towards the incoming long ball and punching it hard to kill the contest.  This was a big change over last week and the first half this week.  Less body-on- body stuff and more run and jump.

tony_montana

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
Interesting, I thought his first half was bordering on his worst game this season, he was a deer in headlights everytime he got the ball and was comprehensively beaten by his direct opponent(s) in the contest several times, but what I liked about his performance is that he didnt drop his head and kept trying to create something and in the second half was a contributor.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2012, 04:37:18 PM »
Please keep in mind we played GWS

tony_montana

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
Yep

gerkin greg

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2012, 11:21:29 PM »
And Dea is a 25yr old 100 gamer

Wait, wot?

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »
Please keep in mind we played GWS
Then you should be judging Dea to the same standard, or less harshly than Miller.  You defend his many stuff-ups yesterday, but lash out at Dea.  One's an experienced veteran.  The other has played 25 games of footy in their lifetime.  ::)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2012, 12:29:14 AM »
And Dea is a 25yr old 100 gamer

Wait, wot?

Yep, I been in a coma for 4 years from reading Jack's "it was GWS" posts. Heard he won 2 B&F's... :shh

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2012, 12:45:26 AM »
Forget about stats
Weak today

OK but atleast by playing him you eventually you can make the call on whether or not he can make it. So you can trade him or keep him or delist.
But what's the point of having Miller play???
NONE. Useless player. Not even a hasbeen. NEVER was good enough. NEVER will be good enough.
POINTLESS playing and old hack reject that won't do anything for our team development let alone young player development moving forward.
This year is a VERY important Development year and is crucial to our teams fortunes next year and beyond.
You can clearly see and voice your opinion on Dea that has played only a handful of games but continue to stick up for Miller that does NOTHING against a team of kids.
Miller is a liability to our teams development. FACT.
With Vickery in the team we altleast fast track his development or see if he's up to it. Either way we win and we don't die wondering. Also on last years form we already know what he's capable of as a starting point.
If not Vickery try another young KPF. And you win either way. But with Miller even if he plays well kicks the odd goal this year then what benefit will it have for next year or 2014?  NONE.   
I'm flabbergasted that you can't see it and the fact that you thought he'd kick eight. 

Good post. Miller offers little. Vickery has been ass but at least he's part of the future.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2012, 02:31:24 AM »
Batchelor and Dea are 20.

Id like to see both in the team.  Think of the children as miss flanders says.