Author Topic: Ballantyne elbowing Newy  (Read 5991 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Ballantyne elbowing Newy
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 07:09:36 PM »
Think Ballantyne is very lucky

Why didn't "behind the play" come into the equation  :huh ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 07:24:38 PM »
Spewin, I was hoping he would get off as it would have meant open season on that bowl stain. :angel:

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 07:31:54 PM »
Why didn't "behind the play" come into the equation  :huh ::)

This wasn't nudging someone away just before the ball dropped. It was a fully fledged 180 degree elbow swing to the guts when the ball was still 15 odd metres away. It was the filthiest bit of play that I have seen for quite some time.

There are only 1 of 2 things to do when your captain gets felled like that on the field. You are either on your way to kicking or assisting a goal, or you are making your captain's attacker pay a heavy price for what he did.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 07:40:52 PM »
and what did our bunch do

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »

Played within the laws of the game :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »
Like the Tigers of old. Actually, they wouldn't have bent over like we did.

;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 08:18:16 PM »

Got to expect some mental disintegration and physical retribution to be handed out.
It's what all good sides do.

Ox

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »
It's true.
Our overall team spirit is,collectively,as solid as a limp wrist.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 07:29:16 AM »
There was a square up later, he was put on his arse and was looking up like he was being set upon, weak prick.  But it was so much later that it looked disconnected from the event.  I don't think the other players realised what he did til later because he is a cunning little sh it
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2012, 09:39:07 AM »
Low impact?

You have got to be kidding?  Newman was down for over a minute in pain.  These guys on the panel are so poor that it is beyond belief!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »
Like the Tigers of old. Actually, they wouldn't have bent over like we did.

;D

Depends. How old we talking?

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »

This wasn't nudging someone away just before the ball dropped. It was a fully fledged 180 degree elbow swing to the guts when the ball was still 15 odd metres away. It was the filthiest bit of play that I have seen for quite some time.

There are only 1 of 2 things to do when your captain gets felled like that on the field. You are either on your way to kicking or assisting a goal, or you are making your captain's attacker pay a heavy price for what he did.

I agree with it being dirty, it is country football 2nds dirty.

Elbowing/hitting someone when they're not expecting it, when they are focused on the ball, is what an overweight 40yo who is too slow and no good anymore does to the talented kid in the opposition side.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2012, 11:21:14 PM »
Hayden Ballantyne, Fremantle, has been charged with a Level Two striking offence against Chris Newman, Richmond, during the second quarter of the Round 11 match between Fremantle and Richmond, played at the MCG on Saturday June 9, 2012.

In summary, due to his poor record, his sanction must remain as a one-match penalty, even with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Richmond Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction.

He has an existing bad record of four matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 40 per cent to 175 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He also has 2.50 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 177.50 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 133.13 points and a one-match sanction.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/138271/default.aspx
Low impact? Che!  :huh. I hate to see what the little weasel needed to do for it to be even classed as medium impact. Newy was hunched over on the ground for a few minutes afterwards and according to Browny Newy had ice on his midrift later that night. Ballatyne only got a week because of his bad record. He would've got off scott free with just a reprimand otherwise. Seriously what a joke. You bump someone off the ball with a tucked in shoulder and you get 3 weeks (Conca) yet a swinging elbow is just a reprimand unless you already have a bad record  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 04:50:22 PM »
disgraceful punishment by the tribunal on Ballantyne. The Richmond players paid him back several times during the game but not hard enough as that prick is a squealer to the umps. just wondering if Swan got done & suspended like Kingy got for tripping cause surely its exactly the same.

gerkin greg

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »