Author Topic: Richmond could climb into the finals at the expense of Carlton (Herald-Sun)  (Read 13331 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Norf will cause an upset just to pee Adelaide off for next week.

Norf - forever annoying the RFC.

You do realise, I hope, that this is all your fault.

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil

You do realise, I hope, that this is all your fault.

:cheers

I'm an idiot, I predicted the Norf win and I backed Adelaide..
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Dubstep Dookie

You bustard Mrakov  >:(

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
That's the second time nought/nothing of melbourne have stirred the pot a week before we play a team. Can you imagine them making finals?? Their best against "a fit" top 8 side 60 pt plus flogging. Best player is boomer harvey, have 5 members pathetic

Where tuckerbug?? Ffs cheer me up
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
That's the second time nought/nothing of melbourne have stirred the pot a week before we play a team. Can you imagine them making finals?? Their best against "a fit" top 8 side 60 pt plus flogging. Best player is boomer harvey, have 5 members pathetic

Will never forget the countless milestone games that they have got up in against us like the Jason Mcartney comeback game etc

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Gotta keep winning.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame

Will never forget the countless milestone games that they have got up in against us like the Jason Mcartney comeback game etc

Bunch of flogs, don't remind me of that game please
This is why in another thread I had put nth down to beat us the week after we come back from a hard game in cairns. Jees not only do they get a dream fixture, they get fed all the table scraps too. Would love to see em finish ninth again

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame

Bunch of flogs, don't remind me of that game please
This is why in another thread I had put nth down to beat us the week after we come back from a hard game in cairns. Jees not only do they get a dream fixture, they get fed all the table scraps too. Would love to see em finish ninth again

Imagine we had their draw..

the claw

becoming a real dog fight between 7 sides for 7th and 8th.

have done the predictor with several different scenarios and i like most think 13 wins  will be needed.that means we must win 7 of our last 10. if we cop adelaide on the rebound apparently the whole side was flu riddled this week that will mean we have to win 7 of our last 9.

the amazing thing is a few scenarios have 13 wins not being enough will get real interesting if sides start putting the que in the rack and who plays em. its very likely percentage could play a key role.

the last rnd could well be as good as any finals. geelong v sydney could be for a place in the 8 for both or even top 4 for syd.
haw play wce hawthorn could be playing for a top 4 finish and wce a home final.
carlton play stkilda it could be for a finals berth for both teams.
ess v coll it could be for top spot and in ess case top 4.

the way i read it carlton and geelong are the 7th 8th sides but they are the  vulnerable sides  to make the 8. i have both with at least 13 wins in carltons case that is allowing for players to get back from injury.
hot on their heels are us north freo stkilda  and a smokey in brisbane.
we play freo, north, brisbane and carlton they are must win 8 point games.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Gotta keep winning.
That's the bottom line isn't it. Can't rely on other results, just win our games and we will make it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Gotta keep winning.
That's the bottom line isn't it. Can't rely on other results, just win our games and we will make it.

Yep that's it in a nutshell

We cannot control what other teams do, we can't control their results

All we have control over is our games and how we play etc.

It sounds cliched but we control our own destiny no one else's but our own. That's all we need to focus on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
If they got the flu, they still gonna be crap, especially after that game.  Hopefully North caught it off of them too.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
On the way home from Harvey Norms chaddy tonight I was listening to Finey on SEN, he was talking about us and said over the last 5-10 years with the footy we've been playing we would easily make the finals. But due to the competiveness of the ladder this year we and another may miss out and it was dissapointing.

I would have just said its our luck, if it was a top 9 and not 8 we would probably end up 10th.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
On the way home from Harvey Norms chaddy tonight I was listening to Finey on SEN, he was talking about us and said over the last 5-10 years with the footy we've been playing we would easily make the finals. But due to the competiveness of the ladder this year we and another may miss out and it was dissapointing.

I would have just said its our luck, if it was a top 9 and not 8 we would probably end up 10th.

That may be true but if one of Carlton, Freo or Saints get that 8th position as I expect  them to do then so should we.

No excuses easy draw now while others don't

No finals with minimal injuries, i would consider this year a fail

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Would have thought Norf beating Adelaide is a good thing. Form is form...Adelaide's is now poo.

If Tippett is out it helps. They've had a soft as butter draw so far. Everyone jizzed over them with the Blues win but have Carlton won since?