Author Topic: Changes For Next Week  (Read 9258 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes For Next Week
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »
Just got back from the game >:( Today there were too many players poo-scared to put their head over the footy. Over the past couple of weeks I've been intimating that Ellis needs a break etc. The reason being is that he plays scared!  He hangs out at contests and runs forward of play (leaving his man) at every opportunity.......and he would rather paddle the ball than risk taking possession and possibly receiving a bruising tackle. That effort in the pocket was embarrasing! Houli does similarly and would rather kick the ball along the ground than get down and risk a hit. Maric, well he has brought the MFC bruise free style to Richmond and will be dropped as a result.

My outs: Ellis, Maric and Jackson (not an AFL footballer)
My ins: Kingy, Connors and Foley/Arnot.

Vickery is very lucky.

how pathetic is Maric. Ive seen enough of him for good. We should delist him come seasons end.

Jackson. The bloke doesnt justify a response

Out: Ellis, Maric(never to be seen again in a RFC jumper), Vickery, Jackson

In: Gus/Mcguane (Both would be an upgrade on Vickery), Connors, King, White

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 06:26:26 PM »

I would rather give games to our draftees even if they arent ready rather than see those names back in the side.  You can add Miller to that list as well.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
Just got back from the game >:( Today there were too many players poo-scared to put their head over the footy. Over the past couple of weeks I've been intimating that Ellis needs a break etc. The reason being is that he plays scared!  He hangs out at contests and runs forward of play (leaving his man) at every opportunity.......and he would rather paddle the ball than risk taking possession and possibly receiving a bruising tackle. That effort in the pocket was embarrasing! Houli does similarly and would rather kick the ball along the ground than get down and risk a hit. Maric, well he has brought the MFC bruise free style to Richmond and will be dropped as a result.

My outs: Ellis, Maric and Jackson (not an AFL footballer)
My ins: Kingy, Connors and Foley/Arnot.

Vickery is very lucky.

how pathetic is Maric. Ive seen enough of him for good. We should delist him come seasons end.

Jackson. The bloke doesnt justify a response

Out: Ellis, Maric(never to be seen again in a RFC jumper), Vickery, Jackson

On reflection I've changed my mind on Vicks. He can go too, its time to bring on the Goose.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 06:34:15 PM »
Mini maric should never play again and nahas should make way for.connors.... Nahas is too weak

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 06:36:27 PM »

I would rather give games to our draftees even if they arent ready rather than see those names back in the side.  You can add Miller to that list as well.

Not until we are completely out of the finals race IMO.

Honestly how can Gus or Mcguane be any worse than Vickery in any game this year

Absolutely hopeless. Im all for giving guys a few chances  before demanding they be dropped but he has done SFA in every game, yet still gets gifted games.

Maric seen enough, USELESS

In wet weather something had to give today and that was Vickery.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 07:18:24 PM »

It was like they stuck to a dry day plan no matter what. Freo didn't and that's why they won.

Exactly what happened today R, nothing more nothing less.  We continually gifted them possession by trying to play dry weather footy (dumb footy in today's conditions).  Hopefully we (collectively, coaches and players) learn a serious and valuable lesson from this.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »
Mini maric should never play again and nahas should make way for.connors.... Nahas is too weak
[/quote
Mini maric out for sure, disagree about Nahas, while everyone was too scared to pick up the ball he was in having a go to get his hands on it. Jack was really good at moving to the wrong spot and crowding play. Once again too much sideways footy. Not enough play on. We look way better when we play on.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 07:49:42 PM »
Ins: King, Miller, White

Outs: Mini Maric, Vickery, Cotchin (inj Dr Larkins on 3AW said Cotchin may a bone crack just above the elbow).

BTW if Jack's ankle doesn't come up Vickery stays

And I'm being nice there's another 2 or 3 who should be dropped based on todays "efforts"

Who are the other 2-3. Just curious as I missed the game

Ellis see Ruanaidh's post
Dea - that 20 metre squib kick in the 3rd sums it up
Grigg - refuses to go in for a hard ball. See final qtr he needed to attack a contest, stopped and propped = heartbreaker

Also didn't include Foley in my original INS because I reckon he will miss another week

Lol WP, Grigg would be top 3 in our B&F.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 07:58:44 PM »
Our depth is very very poor. We still have a huge clean out to take place.

I'm Jacksons biggest critic, but will be fair and say his game against Hawks and Saints were better than OK. Today was usual Jacko and played like a stake bottle of pee. Our biggest mistake was the re-signing of Jackson. Should never have happened.

Still have huge holes in our best 22. I love Jakey King but he's not the answer long term, he's 28 and will be 29 before round 1 next year. Just think he's too old for our tilt.

Maric just isn't a full time AFL player, his effort last week on Goddard was immense but he's just not there. Melbourne delisted him, you don't find many delisted players that turn it around and cement themselves in a finals best 22 side.

Nahas I just dunno if he's good enough. Does some good things but ge he's too inconsistant. If we are fair dinkum we need to find a genuine dangerous small forward.

We still need another KP forward, and at least 2 crumbing forwards Milne, Zaharakis/Monfries, Betts/Garlatt need a player like that the compliments Jack and another KP forward. Doubt any opposition club thinks, how can we stop Nahas or King. Also need to improve our depth in the midfield. Losing Foley today took us back 4 places on the ladder. Our depth is really ordinary.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 08:04:19 PM »
Pope we didnt lose because Foley was out, we lost because outside of cotch, Tuck and Morris no one wanted to get their hands dirty.

We lost because we went in with Vickery and not White.

Dont blame depth when tackles were virtually non existent today. Thats why we lost

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 08:10:56 PM »

Mini skata is rubbish

nahas thinks he is better than he is.  Rarely impacts games.

Need to find some smalls

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 11:46:23 PM »
Ins: King, Miller, White

Outs: Mini Maric, Vickery, Cotchin (inj Dr Larkins on 3AW said Cotchin may a bone crack just above the elbow).

BTW if Jack's ankle doesn't come up Vickery stays

And I'm being nice there's another 2 or 3 who should be dropped based on todays "efforts"

Who are the other 2-3. Just curious as I missed the gam

Ellis see Ruanaidh's post
Dea - that 20 metre squib kick in the 3rd sums it up
Grigg - refuses to go in for a hard ball. See final qtr he needed to attack a contest, stopped and propped = heartbreaker

Also didn't include Foley in my original INS because I reckon he will miss another week

Dea was far from our worst

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 11:50:05 PM »
Yes, the Dea Haters are out in force again :lol  I urge anyone to watch the replay again Twice, and tell me he should be dropped before 6 or 7 other players!

the claw

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 12:04:32 AM »
Yes, the Dea Haters are out in force again :lol  I urge anyone to watch the replay again Twice, and tell me he should be dropped before 6 or 7 other players!
agree thought dea went alright. hes young hes inexperienced he will make mistakes. what do people expect.
he looks better than batchelor atm thats not to say batchelor should be dropped.
they arent out of their depth they are contributing but they will make mistakes as they go.

if fit and they maintain a decent level morris dea and batchelor should be the sml/med defenders for the rest of the yr let em jell into a cohesive unit.
get grimes back persevere with griffiths  down back and rance again let get used to one another and gell.
we may move big ben forward when astbury is up and going but i would just settle ben in for the rest of the yr as well and play astbury as a hit up forward when hes fit.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 12:06:55 AM »
agree thought dea went alright. hes young hes inexperienced he will make mistakes. what do people expect.
he looks better than batchelor atm thats not to say batchelor should be dropped.
they arent out of their depth they are contributing but they will make mistakes as they go.

if fit and they maintain a decent level morris dea and batchelor should be the sml/med defenders for the rest of the yr let em jell into a cohesive unit.
get grimes back persevere with griffiths  down back and rance again let get used to one another and gell.
we may move big ben forward when astbury is up and going but i would just settle ben in for the rest of the yr as well and play astbury as a hit up forward when hes fit.

Agree with this. :clapping