Author Topic: Changes for the Adelaide game?  (Read 14292 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Changes for the Adelaide game?
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2012, 03:37:45 PM »
Footy Barometer - Round 14

No mention of Foley, Morris or to a lesser extent, Vickery  :P
No Foley in those training thread pics. Morris was there today though.

In: Vickery, Morris, Grimes, (Foley if right)
Out: Miller, O'Hanlon, one of Batch/Griffs (possibly both if Foley plays)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
Bloody hell I hope Foley plays.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

tony_montana

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
Has anybody seen Foley train at all over the last few weeks?

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2012, 05:47:18 PM »
No.
As I posted 3 weeks ago,
Achillies injury not bruised heel

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2012, 05:52:17 PM »
No.
As I posted 3 weeks ago,

Wasn't there an RFC video where they said Foley could have played against GWS but they didn't want to risk it?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2012, 05:59:09 PM »
No.
As I posted 3 weeks ago,

This is from the 22nd:

Injury Update

At June 22, 2012

Steven Morris - available
Nathan Foley - available
Tyrone Vickery - available
Matt Arnot (ankle) 1-2 weeks
Brad Helbig (foot) Indefinite

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/injury%20list/tabid/9411/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
Wasn't there an RFC video where they said Foley could have played against GWS but they didn't want to risk it?
That was about Grimesy IIRC.

dwaino

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2012, 06:19:34 PM »
That was about Grimesy IIRC.

Yeah it was.

I dont reckon they would have removed Foley from the injury list if he wasn't at least up for selection. Fingers crossed he's all good. We'll find out in 48 hours  :shh

the claw

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »
some want white in the side. on a form basis that is fair enough so who gets the chop for him.

the way i see it  we have lots like him.  that is  sml/med flankers who are going to be asked to rotate thru the middle  but arent good mids.
edwards, king, nahas, jackson, connors all forwards and houli a defender. throw white in as another forward and we just add to the problem

id say edwards and connors are safe it leaves one spot for a forward. if white comes in all of king nahas and jackson should go.

on houli who does he replace down back.
dea i dont think so, newman wont happen, morris no way. and thats assuming batchelor is dropped. the back line  structure or  talls  should and must go rance grimes and griffiths for now.
i for one struggle to fit houli in down back. imo hes going to have to learn to become a more rounded mid if hes to survive in the long term.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
Riewoldt he is crap

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2012, 09:07:45 PM »
Might sound dramatic but without Foley we are not change against the Crows midfield especially after last weeks wakeup call  :help

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »
RICHMOND - In the Mix

Nathan Foley, Steven Morris and Tyrone Vickery missed the victory over Greater Western Sydney in round 12 because of injury but all are available to take on Adelaide this Saturday. The Tigers' season-long reluctance to make many changes to the line-up means they're unlikely to all make their way into the team at once. Vickery is likely to come in for Brad Miller or Brett O'Hanlon. Foley also is likely to come in but it's touch and go with Morris because the player he'd replace, Matt Dea, has done nothing wrong. Tall defender Jake Batchelor has been unconvincing but he might be saved by the threat posed by Adelaide key forwards Kurt Tippett and Taylor Walker.
-Paul Daffey

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/139602/default.aspx

gerkin greg

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2012, 01:25:10 PM »
Tall defender Jake Batchelor has been unconvincing because he's not a tall defender  :lol

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2012, 01:55:46 PM »
RICHMOND - In the Mix

Nathan Foley, Steven Morris and Tyrone Vickery missed the victory over Greater Western Sydney in round 12 because of injury but all are available to take on Adelaide this Saturday. The Tigers' season-long reluctance to make many changes to the line-up means they're unlikely to all make their way into the team at once. Vickery is likely to come in for Brad Miller or Brett O'Hanlon. Foley also is likely to come in but it's touch and go with Morris because the player he'd replace, Matt Dea, has done nothing wrong. Tall defender Jake Batchelor has been unconvincing but he might be saved by the threat posed by Adelaide key forwards Kurt Tippett and Taylor Walker.
-Paul Daffey

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/139602/default.aspx

Lol what a douche as if Morris won't come in. All of Morris, Grimes and Foley are automatic ins if fit. Can't believe that guy gets paid to write such garbage.

Clearly he has not seen Morris play this year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers hope to get four big guns back (Age/AFL)
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2012, 04:55:44 PM »
Tigers hope to get four big guns back
The Age
June 27, 2012 - 3:31PM

Richmond could be bolstered by four big guns for their clash with Adelaide as they press their claims for an AFL finals berth.

Defenders Dylan Grimes and Steven Morris are certainties to return from injury for Saturday's match at AAMI Stadium while midfielder Nathan Foley and key forward Tyrone Vickery must get through training tomorrow to play.

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick said it wasn't ideal to have to reshuffle his side so substantially but the quality of those players made it worth it.

"It's not ideal that you want to bring in four player but the quality of those players ... they're four very, very good players for us and we're looking forward to having them back in," he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-hope-to-get-four-big-guns-back-20120627-2122t.html#ixzz1yySYN9yc

Hardwick's headache
By Paul Daffey
Wed 27 Jun, 2012

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick faces a selection headache ahead of Saturday's meeting with Adelaide at AAMI Stadium, with a quartet of key Tigers ready to return from injury.

The Tigers will monitor the leg injuries of Nathan Foley and Tyrone Vickery at training on Thursday, while Dylan Grimes (hamstring) and Steven Morris (shoulder) are expected to be available.

Grimes had missed four matches before playing a half for Coburg Tigers' senior team in its defeat of Collingwood last weekend.

"They're four very, very good players we look forward to getting back into the side," Hardwick said.

The selection of the four players would overturn the Tigers' policy this season of making as few changes as possible.

Daniel Connors' return in the match against Greater Western Sydney in round 12 brought to 29 the number of players the Tigers have played this season, which is the lowest tally in the competition.

Ladder-leader Collingwood, by contrast, has used 35 players.

Brad Miller, Jake Batchelor, Matt Dea and Brett O'Hanlon are among those who would be unlucky to lose their places from the team that defeated the Giants by 12 points.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/139711/default.aspx