Author Topic: The home stretch: Matty Lloyd's predictions (Age)  (Read 4382 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The home stretch: Matty Lloyd's predictions (Age)
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 08:35:53 PM »
eff the score board , we smashed the giants, we played them in shocking conditions and still pumped them in contested footy possession
i50 and scoring shots, on a dry day we would have won by 100plus

im sure come Round 24 the club will be thinking the same if they miss out on finals by %

Good sides win and win well in any weather.

Against Freo it was the weather, against the hawks this year and last it was the weather, against GWS it was the weather.

bla bla bla

Stats mean squat if you dont win and win well when you have the chance. We also smashed the Bombers in contested, I50 and scoring shots yet still lost.

Based on your theory if it rains in Adelaide we should beat them right?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »
bla bla bla

have a cry baby

tony_montana

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 11:19:15 PM »
eff the score board , we smashed the giants, we played them in shocking conditions and still pumped them in contested footy possession

Scoreboard mate,

I agree coulda, shoulda, woulda but ultimately didn't

TigerTimeII

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 12:13:43 AM »
yes scoreboard , and last i saw we won, in bloody dreadfull conditions,  :banghead

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 12:25:46 AM »
Did GWS play in those conditions as well?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »

im sure come Round 24 the club will be thinking the same if they miss out on finals by %

Against Freo it was the weather, against the hawks this year and last it was the weather, against GWS it was the weather.

bla bla bla

Stats mean squat if you dont win and win well when you have the chance. We also smashed the Bombers in contested, I50 and scoring shots yet still lost.

WTF are you on about daniel? We beat hawthorn, quite comfortably this year.

As for the game against GWS, the difference between a narrow win and a large win was the giants exceptional kicking for goal and our very poor kicking for goal. besides that we beat them comfortably in play.

bad goal kicking also cost us against freo.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 08:21:33 AM »

bla bla bla

As for the game against GWS, the difference between a narrow win and a large win was the giants exceptional kicking for goal and our very poor kicking for goal. besides that we beat them comfortably in play.

Exactly, and that will likely cost us, not sure why ppl are getting so defensive about the criticism of letting a golden opportunity slip?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 08:47:44 AM »

I agree  :thumbsup

Our games plan currently relies on our foot skills. In wet weather we can not execute that plan correctly which means greater turn overs and less run and carry from our outside midfielders. Additionally our midfielders then find it equally difficult to find a forward target. Other teams do not plan the same style and therefore are not as effected. It is not an excuse, it is a reality.

Fremantles defensive game plan potency is magnified in wet weather while GWS's contested/big numbers around the stoppages is also increased. Watch the Melbourne game again from yesterday and you will notice that the Giants tried to crowd the stoppages to stop the Dees quick ball movement cutting through the congestion and into space. In dry conditions we would have done that even better than the lowly Demons.

The weather, coupled with an absent Foley, really hurt us over the last two weeks but don't write us off yet....

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 09:47:20 AM »
This year really is an interesting one.

Just when you think that freo were back, bam! they come to a screeching halt.
Thought the bombers were struggling?.... Wham! they smash freo away.
Think the kangas are shot??....whack! They give the crows a hiding.
You think the lions are easybeats?...Boom! Smash the dogs down here.

So many teams fighting for a finals place it really is a great season.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »
Smashed GWS did we  :huh I was there and yes I am sure youse watched, but there was a very distinct possibility 1/2 way through the last qtr we were gunna lose and that is the bottom line.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »
Smashed GWS did we  :huh I was there and yes I am sure youse watched, but there was a very distinct possibility 1/2 way through the last qtr we were gunna lose and that is the bottom line.

I guessing your referring to my comments CUB. Excuse me if you're not. Where did anyone say we 'smashed' GWS? We were lucky to win but you have to take the circumstances into account as I mentioned above. We were unlucky not to have them in better conditions so we could have improved our percentage but to their credit they were far better in those conditions and, in particular, converting in front of goal in those conditions. So credit where credit is due.

tony_montana

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 11:03:26 AM »

Our games plan currently relies on our foot skills. In wet weather we can not execute that plan correctly which means greater turn overs and less run and carry from our outside midfielders. Additionally our midfielders then find it equally difficult to find a forward target. Other teams do not plan the same style and therefore are not as effected. It is not an excuse, it is a reality.

Fremantles defensive game plan potency is magnified in wet weather while GWS's contested/big numbers around the stoppages is also increased. Watch the Melbourne game again from yesterday and you will notice that the Giants tried to crowd the stoppages to stop the Dees quick ball movement cutting through the congestion and into space. In dry conditions we would have done that even better than the lowly Demons.

The weather, coupled with an absent Foley, really hurt us over the last two weeks but don't write us off yet....

Good teams have a plan b and can adapt....  In wet weather it's been the same blueprint for over 100 years KISS keep it simple stupid...

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 11:16:36 AM »

Good teams have a plan b and can adapt....  In wet weather it's been the same blueprint for over 100 years KISS keep it simple stupid...

We're not there yet..... :(

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »

bla bla bla

im making a point that weather played no part in the GWS game. It was their endeavour that nearly lost us the game.

Weather is a rubbish excuse. Last year Hawks smashed us in the wet this year we smashed them

If we came to play we shouldve been able to beat GWS by more than 2 goals just like Melbourne did.

Lets discuss this thread after Rd 24

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »
Freo are poo and do not deserve to play finals. We would be a far more dangerous proposition in the finals.

errrrr.....

what's your issue, old timer?
Yes, they beat us in a sludge fest, but that victory was more ass than class. We are a better team than them and would be a more worthy finals competitor.