Author Topic: 1 more list clean out  (Read 10528 times)

dwaino

Re: 1 more list clean out
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 10:35:33 PM »
Straight up

From the rookies: A.Maric, Heslin, Miller

From the senior list: McDonald, McGuane, Webberley

That's 6 without blinking

Then there will be decisions made on Moore & Connors

Will they persist with Post & Derickx?

Then there's Greg

7 or 8 turned over is my guess

I'm close to this.

If I was to look at it conservatively,

From the rookies:
Heslin and Miller. Maybe they'll hold on to A. Maric until after the draft if nothing else is found. It's only a rookie spot and we can already free 2 of those spots.

Senior list:
D-Mac is already gone, McGuane, Post + 1. Not sure who else, but if White or Webberly aren't making strong pushes for the 22 then one might go. Since we are tall heavy then Derickx might be on thin ice at 24 and not yet played a game (poor bugger, too many injuries).

Besides the rest of the rookies, unless everyone is cool with chucking away money, then we really can't make that many more changes to the list. More than 1 of Derickx, Browne and Graham (OE has his contract up 2012, but I thought his 1 year extension was for next year? or am I wrong?) won't go, and both Webberly and White won't go as we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot if we get a trot of midfield injuries. Connors might just survive if he plays his role satisfactorily and keeps his head screwed on. If we recruit anyone to replace these sorts of players, then they effectively become the depth.

Everyone craps on about this draft being super dooper. The top 20 or 25 will be penciled, after that will be the usual lottery and will require a good eye. There is no point delisting willy nilly and just getting a bag of snot noses in as we could just end up back at square one. 4-6 changes including some draftees, a trade and possibly a FA pick up. Someone like Darrou who has been in the system for 12 months and 19 next year could be a better use of a later draft pick and upgrading than rolling the dice on another 18 year old twig.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »
Eight posts are enough on one footy ground
Sorry Jayden get tough and fly out of your nest
RFC
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

tony_montana

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 12:09:12 AM »
who invited this guy?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 12:14:57 AM »
who invited this guy?

Troll. Wish the mods would deal with him.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 12:15:36 AM »

dwaino

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 12:34:01 AM »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 02:30:44 AM »
Port have been after me and Schulzy since the drink driving incident in 2005. I have not budged.

We're still mates arent we, Tigs? :cuddles

Always and Forever  ;) :-*

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 02:31:04 AM »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2012, 02:34:40 AM »
Very insightful post.

I think our depth of 22 was shown on saturday.

It seems that successful teams can be split into 4 groups of 6.

Our top 6 guns, second tier, 3rd and 4th tiers. Successful clubs have a great 4th and sometimes 5th tier.
I think we have a great 1st tier, 2nd tier OK but not as strong as the top 6 clubs but we are running out towards the start/middle of our third tier and then the differences are probably not obvious. Add to that the fact that players are injured, improving and ageing then you get a lot of movement within the clubs playing group.

Would be interesting to run a poll ? on where our players sit within our list and who is moving up, who is coming down and who is static.

Quite amazing to think that McGuane played nearly every game last year and Tucky struggled for a spot. Look at this year, Tucky a gun and McGuane gone, and Jackson has played nearly every game for the last how long (except for suspension) The question with Jackson is if we don't play him who else is there with the level of intensity and maturity required?

Overall our list is improving but we need more strength in our bottom tiers. I think you will see that a player like Morris is pretty well in our 2nd 6, Maric (I) has leapt up to our top 6, Houli has probably slipped, Grieg has lifted and so on an so forth.

At the end of the day it is not a 2 season fix and coaches like Wallace have done us no favours.

Our list manager seems to be doing a great job so it is a matter of patience I guess.

Tigers for flag 2015

Well said.

On a lighter note I love the way you used Wallace and List Manager in consecutive sentences.  :bow :thumbsup

10 FLAGS

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 11:23:59 AM »
who invited this guy?

what a great idea ... we could have "OER by Invitation" from now on. I call on the mods to close down new applicants and just do this invitational gimmick instead. ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
Contracts list updated....

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=15135.msg287427#msg287427

Contracts List:

Unknown: Astbury, Griffiths

2012: Browne, Connors, Derickx, Foley, MacDonald, McGuane, Moore, Newman, Post, Tuck, Webberley, White

2013: Arnot, Batchelor, Conca, Cotchin, Dea, Ellis, Elton, Graham, Grigg, Grimes, Jackson, Helbig, King, I.Maric, Martin, Nahas, O'Hanlon, Rance, Riewoldt

2014: Edwards, Houli, Morris, Vickery

2017: Deledio

Rookies: 

Brad Miller (mature rookie - 2nd year)
Adam Maric (rookie - 1st year)
Ben Darrou (rookie - 1st year)
Steven Verrier (rookie - 1st year)
Gibson Turner (rookie - 1st year)
Piva Wright (rookie - 1st year)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 02:47:27 PM »
Certainly helps with knowing who is likely gone. Astbury is 2013 and at a guess Griff would be too.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »

Eight posts are enough on one footy ground
Sorry Jayden get tough and fly out of Terry's  nest
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

gerkin greg

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 11:27:16 PM »
 :lol