Author Topic: well done skipper.  (Read 3109 times)

the claw

well done skipper.
« on: July 01, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
 thought newman was just about bog had a great game. thought id bring this up as the skipper doesnt get many kudos from anyone.

tony_montana

Re: well done skipper.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:27:57 AM »
Wow really? I might be wrong bc I haven't watched the replay twice, but I simply don't ntice him in gmes period.I constntly find myself thinking where is the leader to set an example in this key moment of the match.... Cotch and to a lesser degree Lids are the only ones who do it consistently, they will themselves to impact the contest, Newman is never in the thick of it, always seems to be on the periphery. Like I said though, I might be wrong and may have missed something obvious

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:45:50 AM »
Took a few gutsy marks today. Was very good.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:54:12 AM »
Said it before he is never going to stand out that much on the field.  Does his job and that's about it, think it s bad when he gets bagged as being non inspirational because bascially he isnt and its not anyones fault that we didnt have another leader at the time..

If we want inspirational leaders get Cotch in there.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:59:21 AM »
he took a grerat mark but over all had a really pathetic weak game

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:02:12 AM »
he took a grerat mark but over all had a really pathetic weak game

X2

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »
Agree with Claw that I thought Newman played well and didn't surprise me to see him in our bests (not BOG though).  Thought he took a number of telling marks and was very solid in defence.  He wasn't the reason we lost, that's for sure.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 09:14:42 AM »
He has taught fellow small backmen his patented: stop, prop, spin around, go to ground maneuver perfectly ::)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »
thought he was excellent too.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 10:38:35 AM »
Just wanted to point out for the doubters what a fantastic game of football Newman had and why this deserves its own thread.

1) Was instrumental in building our 33 point lead at quarter time  ::)
2) led by example in defence by ensuring our 33 point margin was not eroded in any way over the remainder of the game.  :bow
3) 4 emotionally reassuring contested marks, albeit where his opponent continually ran under the ball and/or was out of position.  :whistle
4) a massive, almost unheard of 18 disposals, ranked 9th for the team out of the 20 who had full game time  :bow
5) excellent defensive pressure including 1 tackle for the game   :clapping
6) obviously would have delivered receptive advice at 1/4 time, 1/2 time and 3/4 breaks which was respected by the players  :huh
7) and finally, led the way in flying the flag after Morris was made a quadriplegic by hiding in a sprinkler box.  :clapping

Well done skipper.

Just think we should extend his captaincy for another 3 years, possibly look to trade Cotchin to protect this and also free up extra money to keep him at the club.

K thnx.

tony_montana

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 10:44:52 AM »
So looks like a split board....

I watched the replay twice, took a couple of good marks but was by and large terrible and a non existant factor. His role is to create out of the back line isn't it?? yet when the heat is on he doesn't stand up, ever, ok maybe once a season like the essendon game, harsh but will stand by the call.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 11:00:30 AM by tony_montana »

Tigermonk

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »
we are about to watch the game for the 1st time so will access his game & see how his opponants go.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 10:57:17 AM »
If his role is to be a cretan in defence, reckon he's nailed it this year. Was solid yesterday,
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
Just wanted to point out for the doubters what a fantastic game of football Newman had and why this deserves its own thread.

1) Was instrumental in building our 33 point lead at quarter time  ::)
2) led by example in defence by ensuring our 33 point margin was not eroded in any way over the remainder of the game.  :bow
3) 4 emotionally reassuring contested marks, albeit where his opponent continually ran under the ball and/or was out of position.  :whistle
4) a massive, almost unheard of 18 disposals, ranked 9th for the team out of the 20 who had full game time  :bow
5) excellent defensive pressure including 1 tackle for the game   :clapping
6) obviously would have delivered receptive advice at 1/4 time, 1/2 time and 3/4 breaks which was respected by the players  :huh
7) and finally, led the way in flying the flag after Morris was made a quadriplegic by hiding in a sprinkler box.  :clapping

Well done skipper.

Just think we should extend his captaincy for another 3 years, possibly look to trade Cotchin to protect this and also free up extra money to keep him at the club.

K thnx.

;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 12:19:19 PM »
I thought he was mediocre yesterday.

Dooks you are a bully. ;D