Author Topic: Vickery out for season / Grimes out for a month (afl site)  (Read 11476 times)

the claw

Re: Vickery out for season / Grimes out for a month (afl site)
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 10:07:09 PM »
this wont go down well but imo and ive wanted us to play young blokes over out of form players and over  older players all yr the best thing that can happen to us now is the likes of king jackson the out of form vickery etc  cop injuries  for no other reason it foreces their hand. they werent keen to ring the changes under any circumstance  now they have to.
for me games into kids this has taken precedence over all else. it should have been the clubs priority and the supporters.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 10:39:29 PM »

With regards to Grimes, does anybody have details? Is it the same hammy he just came back from?

Opposite leg apparently TM and not as bad as last time.  If you can believe the reports.  :-\

dwaino

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 10:43:57 PM »
That would be last year's hammy then? Time to bin the season.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 10:52:47 PM »
The ides of June and July are here
RFC supporters two major depression months are here to mess up our season yet again
Melbourne Storm here I come for my 14th season
 :huh
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 11:14:52 PM »
Cya  :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

tony_montana

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 11:37:21 PM »

With regards to Grimes, does anybody have details? Is it the same hammy he just came back from?

Opposite leg apparently TM and not as bad as last time.  If you can believe the reports.  :-\

Cheers smokey, 3 hammys in 15-20 games I don't think u can say not as bad  :-[ :-[

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 12:14:04 AM »
this wont go down well but imo and ive wanted us to play young blokes over out of form players and over  older players all yr the best thing that can happen to us now is the likes of king jackson the out of form vickery etc  cop injuries  for no other reason it foreces their hand. they werent keen to ring the changes under any circumstance  now they have to.
for me games into kids this has taken precedence over all else. it should have been the clubs priority and the supporters.

And to think only 6 weeks ago you went nuts because some kids were being gifted games without performing in the two's :lol :lol Glass half full agin Claw :wallywink

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 12:17:46 AM »
:lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2012, 01:08:41 AM »

Cheers smokey, 3 hammys in 15-20 games I don't think u can say not as bad  :-[ :-[

Yes talk about searching for a silver lining.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2012, 01:17:57 AM »
Has the shoulder been giving him grief all season?

edit: just saw the thread move and noticed Grimes too. I has sads  :(

Edit: altered subject

Yep I reckon he did it in the NAB Challenge game against Freo. He came back on that night and was not the same player that night or since.

It was the North/Haw night.
Freo game Hack Dawson gave him a corky when he blatantly kneed him.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2012, 05:30:53 AM »

No, I hadn't read the latest on it and forgot that it was actually his third.  The club did say initially that it didn't look as bad as the last time but considering they are looking at going OS a la Coughlan then it can't be good.  Hope like hell they get it fixed because he is fasting becoming a very important cog in our backline.   :pray

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2012, 06:50:45 AM »
How far do people think Moore and Astbury off making returns?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »

No, I hadn't read the latest on it and forgot that it was actually his third.  The club did say initially that it didn't look as bad as the last time but considering they are looking at going OS a la Coughlan then it can't be good.  Hope like hell they get it fixed because he is fasting becoming a very important cog in our backline.   :pray

No it's not the hammy tendon he had surgery on last season

This tendon injury is the opposite one.

Last year's injury was where he tore the tendon off the bone (ouch)

The injury he just came back was a normal hamstring strain in the leg he was operated on last, hence why they said at the time standard 3 weeks but they gave him close to 5 weeks

This injury is to the tendon but is not as bad because the tendon is still attached to the bone and is as I said the opposite leg to the one he had surgery on

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »
Connors  and Martin on the grog again
Delisting of Connors
Martin disciplinary action
What a nightmare
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

tony_montana

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »

No it's not the hammy tendon he had surgery on last season

This tendon injury is the opposite one.

Last year's injury was where he tore the tendon off the bone (ouch)

The injury he just came back was a normal hamstring strain in the leg he was operated on last, hence why they said at the time standard 3 weeks but they gave him close to 5 weeks

This injury is to the tendon but is not as bad because the tendon is still attached to the bone and is as I said the opposite leg to the one he had surgery on

Jeebers, most people don't do a tendon in their life, this poor kid does 2 in a year.

Cheers WP, good to hear it's not off the bone, but it may as well be as theres no way imho they will bring him back this season, if it was a standard hammy strain, yep sure, not tendon.

Does this kid need to start doing some yoga and deep core exercises to strengthen his tendons?

Reason for edit: learn to quote son
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 06:21:15 PM by tony_montana »