Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 161640 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »
Also what has Peter Rhode been smoking. Blair Hartley rang him and told him Chappy is a tiger. He's just too stupid to realise it.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »
Look, obviously I am a big influence on Dave but I didn't waste my time watching them in 2007. I had other things to work on :shh

Also what has Peter Rhode been smoking. Blair Hartley rang him and told him Chappy is a tiger. He's just too stupid to realise it.

Don't worry about Pete. We'll deal with him when the time comes

dwaino

« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2012, 11:11:18 PM »
Of course there has been no (formal) offer made since RFC would risk a $100,000 fine if done before October. And as if he's going to say "yeah guys I'm going to Richmond next year but I'm still going to rock up to training and use all of your facilities still in the mean time."

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2012, 08:03:00 AM »
they can make an offer, they just cant come to an agreement, as bizarre as that is.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2012, 08:16:15 AM »
Absolutley, like , what would a 4 year 1.5mn deal do for you , well we have one in the top drawer at punt for the next key defender that signs....RFC are past masters :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2012, 11:28:36 AM »
they can make an offer, they just cant come to an agreement, as bizarre as that is.

That does sound strange but oddly correct - AFL logic at its best by the sounds of it

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »
I thought we could make an offer and then the ball is in Port's hands as to whether they match the offer.

Why do Port have to match it now...cant they wait unitl closer to trade week and then decide to match it or not?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »
I thought we could make an offer and then the ball is in Port's hands as to whether they match the offer.

Why do Port have to match it now...cant they wait unitl closer to trade week and then decide to match it or not?

No official offers until after the season is over during the free agency window prior to trade week
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »
They can talk and make offers, they just cant sign them, Billy;

Under new rules and amendments announced, offending clubs who sign player before the end a season face a fine which has been doubled to $100,000.

But clubs can still have discussions with free agents during the season, similar to the talks several clubs have had with Collingwood's Travis Cloke and Port Adelaide's Travis Boak this year.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-gets-tough-on-player-poaching-with-fines-of-100000/story-fndv7pj3-1226450418131
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2012, 07:52:16 PM »
They can talk and make offers, they just cant sign them, Billy;

Yep that's what I meant they can make an offer but the player cannot accept it  :rollin

Call 'em "Clayton Offers" if you like  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2012, 10:37:01 PM »
Welcome to Tigerland - hope you are a better kick than the last defender we recruited ( Darren "Rock the" Gaspar)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2012, 03:34:18 AM »
Tigers confident of luring free agent Troy Chaplin from Port Adelaide

Jon Ralph
    September 17, 2012

RICHMOND believes free agent Troy Chaplin will nominate Punt Rd as his preferred new home, but the club must pitch a deal that Port Adelaide is unwilling to match.

The Tigers are confident the former Maryborough junior wants to play for them but as a restricted free agent Port can match any offer for Chaplin.

When the free agency period opens on October 1, the key defender can consider offers from any club but must nominate only one.

The Power then has three days to match that offer and retain their player.

Chaplin could still ask for a trade or enter the national draft if he cannot come to terms with Port.

Richmond hopes Port will realise Chaplin's determination to return to Victoria, and instead accept a compensation selection in return.

The quandary for every side trying to attract a restricted free agent is to determine the point at which their current club will baulk at matching a deal.

Clubs will need to offer either more money or a longer deal than their club believes he is worth, but determining that tipping point will be difficult.

Richmond believes that at 26, and after finishing equal fourth in Port's best-and-fairest award, Chaplin can add valuable experience to one of the competition's youngest defences.

Alex Rance is 23, and Dylan Grimes, David Astbury and Ben Griffiths are injury-prone, with Richmond's defence holding up manfully this year but also conceding a high rate of goals to inside-50s.

Age and salary are the sole determinants. With free agents older and generally earning less than the contracted players who went to Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney, compensation will not be as generous and almost certainly limited to one pick.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/tigers-confident-of-luring-free-agent-troy-chaplin-from-port-adelaide/story-e6frf9jf-1226475209711

Offline hammo1976

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2012, 09:39:31 AM »
GIDDY UP TIGERS at least this will be a decent recruit from the power unlike past players and other players we are being linked too. will ease the load on rance and grimes and become a leader of the cubs growing up.  great move tigers lets hope his knee is ok but.

GO YOU TIGERS

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2012, 12:48:28 AM »
Richmond appears likely to secure Crows forward Chris Knights, with Port Adelaide defender Troy Chaplin its major free-agent target. Chaplin could even receive a four-year contract from the Tigers, in the hope that Port will be reluctant to match it.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpies-consider-young-giant-for-ruck-role-20120920-269kc.html#ixzz271OduXrt

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2012, 05:35:39 PM »
From the AFL website:

Troy Chaplin also set to explore free agency.

Chaplin is a restricted free agent, which means the Power would have a chance to match any offer made for the defender.

He could then either accept the Power's offer, ask for a trade, or risk entering the draft.

Carr said the 26-year-old had "every right" to explore free agency, but that his actions around the club suggested he still wanted to play a role at the Power.

"This is the world that we live in now in AFL football that there is free agency, and players are able to move wherever they want when they've been in the system for a long time," he said.

"Chappy's got every right to explore all his options and also see where we're heading and if he wants to be a part of it.

"He's always around the club. He's here today, he's training and doing everything he can do to still be a part of it."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148581/default.aspx