Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 160182 times)

tony_montana

Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #495 on: October 09, 2012, 10:55:38 AM »
 :lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #496 on: October 09, 2012, 09:15:35 PM »
Can I buy a "c" Owl?

I think he needs an "e" to replace his "o".

Au Contraire....
I meant exactly what I wrote.  Litoral (or Littoral in the medieval spelling) is the zone where the water overlaps the land.  It is used as an adjective or noun.  It is also used in academic writing to discuss overlapping concepts for example.  I just thought I would be clever because he said 'to be shore to be shore'
GET KNOWLEDGE GET FACT!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:25:24 AM by Owl »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #497 on: October 09, 2012, 09:18:34 PM »
Can I buy a "c" Owl?

I think he needs an "e" to replace his "o".

Oh Contraire....
I meant exactly what I wrote.  Litoral (or Littoral in the medieval spelling) is the zone where the water overlaps the land.  It is used as an adjective or noun.  It is also used in academic writing to discuss overlapping concepts for example.  I just thought I would be clever because he said 'to be shore to be shore'
GET KNOWLEDGE GET FACT!

I bow in the presence of a great linguist.

:bow

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #498 on: October 09, 2012, 09:22:48 PM »
no no, just a cunning linguist
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #499 on: October 09, 2012, 10:24:47 PM »
Richmond_FC twitter:

IN THE MEDIA: Listen out for Troy Chaplin to be on SEN tomorrow morning at approx. 8.10am

Offline hammo1976

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #500 on: October 10, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »
Good chat with the boys this morning on SEN seems very keen to get out there and help our young backs out and push us to the finals. with the talk there this morning Rohan d even feels we have been the biggest winners so far over the trade and puts us in the 8

GO U TIGERS

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #501 on: October 10, 2012, 10:36:03 AM »
Well done Troy, welcome to the club, lets hope you can sure up the back 6.. :gotigers

To be shore to be shore
Lucky you didn't say to be Shaw to be Shaw.  ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #502 on: October 10, 2012, 11:59:33 AM »
Is there a replay of this yet?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #503 on: October 10, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #504 on: October 10, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »
Tigers on the cusp: Chaplin
By Jason Phelan
Wed 10 Oct, 2012[/i]

RICHMOND recruit Troy Chaplin says he agonised over the decision to leave Port Adelaide, but ultimately the opportunity to join a big club in his hometown of Melbourne was too tempting.

Chaplin played 140 games in nine years before signing with Richmond as a restricted free agent last week.

The Power then chose not to match the Tigers' contract offer.

The 26-year-old said he was grateful for what the Power, who selected him 15th overall at the 2003 NAB AFL Draft, had done for him, but the lure of a four-year deal and the potential to play in finals proved too great.

"The 'go-home' factor was a key to it, but their list is in a fantastic position at the moment … with the guys that they've brought in and added to their list … [and] their younger guys as well," Chaplin told Melbourne radio station SEN on Wednesday.

"Trent Cotchin is going to be a superstar of the competition, we all know that, but they are starting to add some depth now and are on the cusp of playing finals."

Chaplin, who said he didn't make his decision to leave until the day before the Grand Final, also expressed similar views to want-away Crows forward Kurt Tippett.

Tippett sensationally requested a trade to the Sydney Swans on Saturday with a key part of his reasoning to escape the 'fishbowl' lifestyle of being an AFL player in Adelaide.

"Probably the difference, I think, is that we're so accessible over here," Chaplin said from Adelaide.

"Obviously it's a two-team town with the media so prominent and anyone can access you.

"At Port Adelaide if someone wanted to do an interview you pretty much did it. There was no, 'Oh it's just going to be the coach or the captain'.

"The supporters can access you at the [West Lakes] shopping centre.

"Where AAMI Stadium is, right across the road there's a shopping centre and that's where most of the guys go and get a feed.

"Supporters can come up to you and it's pretty full on … but that comes with the territory - you're an AFL footballer and people have got high expectations on your performance, so you've just got to put up with it.

"The thing with Melbourne media is that there are so many teams in Melbourne that you can probably hide a little bit from it."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149488/default.aspx

dwaino

« Reply #505 on: October 10, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »
In Adelaide the media may be in your face, but in Melbourne Damien Barrett hides in your wheelie bin.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #506 on: October 10, 2012, 01:18:31 PM »

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #507 on: October 10, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
In Adelaide the media may be in your face, but in Melbourne Damien Barrett hides in your wheelie bin.

Hahahaha
Not just wheelie bins, like the guy in that x-files episode who could crawl through heater vents our damo will be watching you while you sleep  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #508 on: October 10, 2012, 01:31:09 PM »

Hahahaha
Not just wheelie bins, like the guy in that x-files episode who could crawl through heater vents our damo will be watching you while you sleep  :shh

;D
Classic memory.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH