Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 430177 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: RFC to go it alone at VFL Level in 2014
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
Punt road confirmed?

without it being confirmed id say 99.9% chance it will be at Punt Road, which may explain another reason why they started to dig it up mid season.

Probably had been planning this for a while. How good is this announcement

It will increase reserved seat sales as well.

Good move by the club.

Now what is the next step?

That's right start winning some bloody games.

:lol

Gigantor

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »
As an AFL list comprises of certain amount of players..will the reserves team draw on non Richmond listed players as well?or does an AFL list cover this?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »
Punt road confirmed?

without it being confirmed id say 99.9% chance it will be at Punt Road, which may explain another reason why they started to dig it up mid season.

It will increase reserved seat sales as well.

Good move by the club.

Now what is the next step?

That's right start winning some bloody games.

RFCO on twitter said most likely we'll be playing home games at Punt Rd Oval but it's to be confirmed.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »
As an AFL list comprises of certain amount of players..will the reserves team draw on non Richmond listed players as well?or does an AFL list cover this?

they make up the remainder of their vfl list with players who are not on the Richmond list
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 05:58:45 PM »
thanks for that AL.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »

they make up the remainder of their vfl list with players who are not on the Richmond list

I wonder if Coach is up for a comeback?

Gigantor

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »

I wonder if Coach is up for a comeback?

sheesh 1965 we are going it alone to improve the club not take it back to those glory years of the 1990s....... :cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »

Agree Daniel, probably the best single piece of news to come out of the club this season.  Provide we manage it correctly, we can only benefit greatly by this.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2012, 08:00:17 PM »
The best thing to happen although I wish it was ending at the end of this season rather than having to put up with us trying to develop young players within that skill-less joke of a so-called football team for another year. As I said in the other thread earlier the benefit of having an affiliate is meant to be to provide senior mature bodies with at least VFL ability and a decent team structure in which your juniors can develop around before progressing up to AFL level. That is not happening at Coburg. We needed to break away and form our own reserves side.

It would be great to have footy back at a redeveloped Punt Rd Oval. When our U19s were still running around in the 80s it was a great ground to watch footy at. Bring it on!  :thumbsup
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »
An AFL club official has previously told the Herald Sun clubs were fed up with the alignment models.

“VFL coaches aren't thinking what's best for these kids' development. They're trying to kick enough goals to win games, which goes against all the principles of development,” he said.

“Consistency of message, playing at quality venues and not having winning as your major criteria is critical to the development of young talent.

“I think in 10 years we'll look back and think, `How did we recruit players and send them off to another club to play under different coaches?' ''

Interstate clubs are also desperate to ditch the integration model with West Coast, Fremantle, Adelaide and Port Adelaide all keen to field reserve sides.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-set-to-walk-away-from-coburg-in-2014/story-fnelctok-1226431540421

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »
Tuckers 10.30am game start is a really good idea and wouldnt interfere with others.

Great idea when RFC is playing but not great if other teams are at the MCG

Cannot see the VFL allowing all games having a 10.30 start. Other teams in the comp will complain about it. VFL like the AFL are an interesting beast   ;D trust me or Chutney  :thumbsup

Geelong has done it at Geelong . Why can't we do it?
If anything in the era I grew up ressies started at 11am and seniors were on at 2pm.

We are starting at 10:30 am for a 1 pm finish and either a 2:15 start or 3:15 start on a Sunday.

Keep the RFC 1:45 or Sunday 1:10 start for RFC v interstate clubs at the G and therefore VFL matches that can cater for the VFL requests. Win win for Richmond.

Again agree with what you are saying Tucker but again I'm just trying to point out there are some logistics involved in having all games at curtain raisers at Punt Road.

As I mentioned Geelong does not play all their VFL games as curtain raisers. Actually for memory they have a home VFL game in afew weeks starting at 2.00pm rather than a curtain raiser. Think it maybe against Coburg actually  ;D

Also, what happens when we have Friday night games? There is no way you could have a curtain raiser at Punt Road on a Friday arvo. So in that case another alternative would need to be found and that's what I mean by logistics.

I don't think anyone would want to see us giving up Friday night games just to see a curtain raiser at Punt Road.

Another thing that I probably didn't explain well. If we are not playing at the MCG but are down for a VFL home game at punt Road when say c'wood is playing N0rt when do we play the VFL game? And how many people would go knowing that there isn't the MCG to walk over to?

As I said there are some logistics to work through

Also, the RFC will not control the draw, they will put in their wish list but they won't get everything they want.

I know I'm harping on this but there is still a lot of work to do to get this thing right

Also, 3AW had a bloke on from AFL Vic tonight and he said there is still a lot of planning to be done with both clubs for season with 2014. He said both clubs still had to submit business plans etc but for now the plan is for both teams to stand alone in 2014
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2012, 10:39:45 PM »
Will Coburg make it to the end of 2013?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012, 10:57:30 PM »
Will Coburg make it to the end of 2013?
It would be difficult to see them staying in the VFL after the affiliation is over i would think.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »
Is this the best thing for richmond?

YEP.

The disrespect towards coburg is poo.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2012, 11:27:35 PM »
Is this the best thing for richmond?

YEP.

The disrespect towards coburg is poo.

Oh well I'm a Richmond fan not a Coburg fan.

I wish Coburg all the best but if they disappear like Yarraville, Camberwell, Caulfield, Dandenong, Oakleigh, Sunshine, Brunswick Broadmeadows, Prahran or anyone else I have not mentioned then so be it.