Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 436741 times)

the claw

Re: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]
« Reply #585 on: September 26, 2014, 11:10:01 PM »
knew i had some debates here just like to say development went real well this yr didnt it ::). so many debates about this set up but in looking back  im still asking the same questions.
i dont really expect any different responses so few are big enough to admit they are wrong here.

heaps of vets heaps of the wrong types no balancing out the reserves list, no eye on the future, no winning games, apparently that doesnt count, and definately very little development, its hilarious.what a failure the stand alone team has been to date.

We are attempting to develop players for our AFL club. This is where the imbalance occurs. We have had trouble developing tall key position players in the past. Now we have depth in this area. There is now genuine competition for our ruck/forward position and ruck position as a result going forward. Similarly our tall defensive stocks have now gained depth and with the additional competition this creates for these players it will only get the best out of them. The next wave will be midfielders which will in turn first balance out our VFL and then probably create the same imbalance again but in reverse with too many smalls.

Our 'Development'/VFL side is about educating individuals so they are ready for our AFL side. They able to play and structure up using the same game plan, structures and roles that they would play in the AFL team so when they are needed they can slot straight into the senior side with as little transitionally issues as possible. They have the ability to develop in the exact roles they would in the AFL. The fruits of this project will not be reaped until 2 or 3 years into the process.

Any success our VFL side is a bonus. How individuals improve is where the whole project is measured. I see real development from Miles, Griffiths, Batchelor, McBean, Lennon and Gordan. I see it as a real bonus that more experienced players like A.Edwards, Banfield, Thomas, the Big O and Lloyd could not secure a place in the side and average toilers like Dea, Arnot, Helbig, O'Hanlon, Williams and Darrou were not gifted a game.

I think the VFL side in doing its job but you can't judge it either way after only one season.  :thumbsup
you are taking the pee right.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #586 on: September 26, 2014, 11:26:44 PM »
knew i had some debates here just like to say development went real well this yr didnt it ::). so many debates about this set up but in looking back  im still asking the same questions.
i dont really expect any different responses so few are big enough to admit they are wrong here.

heaps of vets heaps of the wrong types no balancing out the reserves list, no eye on the future, no winning games, apparently that doesnt count, and definately very little development, its hilarious.what a failure the stand alone team has been to date.

We are attempting to develop players for our AFL club. This is where the imbalance occurs. We have had trouble developing tall key position players in the past. Now we have depth in this area. There is now genuine competition for our ruck/forward position and ruck position as a result going forward. Similarly our tall defensive stocks have now gained depth and with the additional competition this creates for these players it will only get the best out of them. The next wave will be midfielders which will in turn first balance out our VFL and then probably create the same imbalance again but in reverse with too many smalls.

Our 'Development'/VFL side is about educating individuals so they are ready for our AFL side. They able to play and structure up using the same game plan, structures and roles that they would play in the AFL team so when they are needed they can slot straight into the senior side with as little transitionally issues as possible. They have the ability to develop in the exact roles they would in the AFL. The fruits of this project will not be reaped until 2 or 3 years into the process.

Any success our VFL side is a bonus. How individuals improve is where the whole project is measured. I see real development from Miles, Griffiths, Batchelor, McBean, Lennon and Gordan. I see it as a real bonus that more experienced players like A.Edwards, Banfield, Thomas, the Big O and Lloyd could not secure a place in the side and average toilers like Dea, Arnot, Helbig, O'Hanlon, Williams and Darrou were not gifted a game.

I think the VFL side in doing its job but you can't judge it either way after only one season.  :thumbsup
you are taking the pee right.
:nope

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #587 on: September 26, 2014, 11:27:57 PM »
Is RFC going to enter a development side , there  were rumors earlier  :o

No

stand alone AFL teams fielding a side in the VFL are not required to field a side on the development league. Actually under their license agreement they are not allowed to
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #588 on: September 26, 2014, 11:35:41 PM »
lets talk development the idea of the ressies.
arnot - has not developed stagnated at best.
astbury - well he spent most of his time this yr in the ones. marginal improvement.
batchelor = is exactly the same deficient dud we drafted 4 yrs ago
conca - at best hes stagnated.
darrou = spent 3 yrs as a rookie and didnt play a game. we really developed him.
ellis - fair dinkum we hang our hats on just about anything. whilst he found a heap more ball he stagnated in a lot of areas he needed to improve. i hate soft pricks.
elton - developed that much thers talk of delisting.
griffiths -  had a wonder yr. gone from just plain terrible to barely passable at best. so marginal improvment.
grimes - has stagnated hes no better now than any time in the past.another one with no heart.
helbig - geez 4 yrs and we have a ressies side and hes cut.
lennon - looked way out of his depth at afl.
mcbean - gone backwards on last yr.
mcdonough - pppffffttt has he developed or stagnated.
mcintosh - hard to say had too many injuries.
ohanlon - yep cut.
vlastuin - went backwards

ah development its really working well. but hey we have a stand alone team in the ressies and it will fix everything.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #589 on: September 26, 2014, 11:48:31 PM »
astbury - well he spent most of his time this yr in the ones. marginal improvement.
darrou = spent 3 yrs as a rookie and didnt play a game. we really developed him.
ellis - fair dinkum we hang our hats on just about anything. whilst he found a heap more ball he stagnated in a lot of areas he needed to improve. i hate soft pricks.
griffiths -  had a wonder yr. gone from just plain terrible to barely passable at best. so marginal improvment.
grimes - has stagnated hes no better now than any time in the past.another one with no heart.
ohanlon - yep cut.

ah development its really working well. but hey we have a stand alone team in the ressies and it will fix everything.

Its difficult to have a intelligent debate with you claw when you do this sort of extreme ranting. When you start to say that Ellis is a soft prick, Grimes has not heart, Vlastuin went backwards and Griffiths is now barely passable you lose me completely.

Sorry claw - If you are blinded by your own historical bias then you are wasting our time posting.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #590 on: September 27, 2014, 02:43:54 AM »
arnot -has not been given a bloke of games, regardless of good form. behind plodders jackson newman grigg thomas etc.
astbury - leading the b+f", hardwick
batchelor - in and out behind houli and co.
conca - decent player
darrou =  looked like a great defensive prospect. Not given a sniff of a chance
elton - not given a chance behind aedwards/mcgaune/etc
griffiths - very good prospect
grimes - very good prospect. has heart
helbig - good prospect. not given a chance.
lennon - played as a sub and not given a block of games, ie. a proper shot
mcbean - leading vfl goal kicking at stages. not given a chance.
mcdonough - very good prospect. not given a chance
mcintosh -good prospect.
ohanlon - never given a shot; king, newman, grigg etc.
vlastuin - one of the teams best player this year imo

Gigantor

« Reply #591 on: September 27, 2014, 06:44:41 AM »
I too think vlas has stagnated.Probably not allowed to settle in one position hasn't helped his cause at this stage.
The Bean has been riddled with injury so needs more time..One thing I would strongly urge him to do this pre season is hit the gym big time.
ON Arnott..strange player for mine has good skills,good kick,but as I keep  harping on,he seems far more interested in the physical contest  rather than winning the pill.
Grimesy was very poor early on,but thought he bounced back very well later in the season...Time will tell whether those endless injuries have held back his development fatally.
Ohanlon dear me could never ever see what people saw in him,I would watch the ressies and never ever notice him.
Conca probably need an upgrade there..hard and tough but very poor execution skills and shocking decision making

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #592 on: September 27, 2014, 07:04:50 AM »
Agree gig but judges point is they aren't given a go

I mean those points you make about arnot and o'hanlon we feel the same about grigg and Newman yet they are getting games every week in the bloody seniors

Conca you are dead right. Will be known as yet another flop for our club. Who cares if his hard at it so was king Jackson and arnot. He is abet hate and should have jumped at the chance to send him home

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #593 on: September 27, 2014, 07:12:43 AM »
ohanlon - yep cut.

Why are Conca, Ellis and Vlastuin being brought into a debate on the ressies team?

Gigantor

« Reply #594 on: September 27, 2014, 10:38:29 AM »
Angus please don't start me on the scarlet pimpernel Grigg.....a witches hat would be an upgrade

the claw

« Reply #595 on: September 27, 2014, 01:26:09 PM »
ohanlon - yep cut.

Why are Conca, Ellis and Vlastuin being brought into a debate on the ressies team?
as juniors should have lots of improvment in em sort of saying some arent even developing in the ones yet alone the twos. people keep on saying play em in the ones and they will develop that is not necesarily the case.
most are clearly not doing enough or improving enough in the twos to force out players who many on here complain about.
development/improvement  is actually a thing that can be measured on previous seasons and when we compare it isnt pretty to read. simply put we went backwards this yr and one of the reasons for that is players have not come on.
but hey lets not be honest here lets continue to talk em up.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #596 on: September 27, 2014, 01:42:14 PM »
Can't understand how you can bring three players into your argument on the ressies development when they don't play ressies

But anyway carry on

the claw

« Reply #597 on: September 27, 2014, 01:48:39 PM »
Can't understand how you can bring three players into your argument on the ressies development when they don't play ressies

But anyway carry on
one more time . they play in the seniors, they are juniors and they are stagnating. it counters those  argueing that they need to be in the ones to develop.
me i ithink if they cant get a kick in the twos how the hell are they going to get a kick in the ones. they havent shown enough to force many lambasted players out of the team.
clearly im not just talking about development in the ressies but the link between seniors and ressies.

the claw

« Reply #598 on: September 28, 2014, 10:56:49 AM »
ohanlon - yep cut.

Its difficult to have a intelligent debate with you claw when you do this sort of extreme ranting. When you start to say that Ellis is a soft prick, Grimes has not heart, Vlastuin went backwards and Griffiths is now barely passable you lose me completely.

Sorry claw - If you are blinded by your own historical bias then you are wasting our time posting.
im happy to debate every comment on each player. why because while harsh and obviously hard to read for some there is merit in every single one of them.
we are talking development of players here and it is a measurable thing.
on ellis mate ive never ever spoken a truer word hes as soft as butter and i hate weak pricks like him were you not watching them this yr or on here listening to the complaints about the weak efforts the pulling out the lack of contested ball please tell what is wrong about calling ellis a softie, he improved some areas of his game and people hang their hats on that but geez he was deplorable in other areas.

Gigantor

« Reply #599 on: September 28, 2014, 11:06:06 AM »
Claw I think you are being way to harsh on Ellis.Early in the season I think he was a chief culprit for sitting back and not going in,however I think he really turned that aspect of his game round,whether he keeps this up time will tell