Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 436538 times)

tony_montana

Re: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]
« Reply #795 on: March 18, 2016, 09:25:40 PM »
Haha nah Callum

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #796 on: March 18, 2016, 09:25:57 PM »
Sounds as if Elton is developing into another FJ dud special.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #797 on: March 18, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »
I'm hearing good things about Moore
Bit of mail , he s being groomed as a successor to chappy  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #798 on: March 18, 2016, 10:02:22 PM »
Haha nah Callum

Chol looks exciting but this kid is the real gold of the rookie draft.... :shh

Well gee wiz, a young KPD is being groomed as a successor to an old one....wow wee, what an exclusive....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #799 on: March 19, 2016, 06:29:51 AM »
Richmond forward Liam McBean provided a strong target in the Friday practice match and took a couple of big marks to display his potential.

Midfielder and ex-Cat Taylor Hunt was another Tiger to impress, while Jason Castagna, who was elevated to the senior list during the week, showed off his breakaway ability.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-18/selwood-back-with-bang-confirm-round-one-start

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #800 on: March 19, 2016, 02:36:07 PM »
Butler did a few special things in the game too.
A beautiful 55m goal on the run out of the middle was brilliant.  :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #801 on: March 19, 2016, 03:30:34 PM »
VFL Tigers downed by Selwood led Cats

AFL.com.au
March 19, 2016

The Tigers began strongly and held a 12-point lead at the first change, but were overrun in the next three quarters as the Cats slammed on 11-goals-to-five in a polished display.

A modest crowd huddled in the Jack Dyer Stand, as a number of Geelong fans made the trek up the highway to watch Joel Selwood’s first outing of 2016, and they weren’t disappointed.

Geelong’s AFL skipper amassed 34 disposals; laid nine tackles; had six clearances and kicked two-important goals as he split his time through the midfield and up-forward.

Both sides took time to adjust to the blustery and greasy conditions, with intermittent rain and an icy south-westerly proving difficult to contend with.

Richmond, boasting six AFL-listed players and four rookies started strongly, as Liam McBean’s classy right-foot snap in the opening minute sailed through for the perfect start.

The Tiger’s held the ascendency early, as their intensity and pressure around the ball cut down the Cats’ time and space and allowed the Tigers to capitalise on turnovers.

Richmond fans that braved a chilly Friday night would have been delighted with the first quarter form of key-defender Todd Elton and rookie Callum Moore.

The pair controlled the ball in the air and were well supported by newly promoted-rookie Jason Castagna and draftee Oleg Markov who provided the drive off half-back.

Markov had a minor blunder late in the first quarter, as his squaring kick into the corridor was cut-off, which opened the door for the Cats’ opening goal of the night.

Richmond’s forwardline functioned well in the opening term, with the key forwards providing a contest in the air and small forwards Dan Butler and Jayden Short swooping on any loose ball.

Butler was busy around the stoppages in the first-half, as he and mature-age rookie Adam Marcon teamed well with ruckman Ivan Soldo.

After its goal in red-time in the first quarter, Geelong built on that momentum in the second-term.

Aided by a stiff breeze, Joel Selwood surged from the opening bounce and nailed a goal from outside 50 that kicked the Cats into gear.

In the blink of an eye, Geelong had kicked another as Elton’s risky kick exiting defensive 50 was cut-off, which gifted the Cats a one-point lead early in the second quarter.

Turnovers in the defensive half proved extremely costly for Richmond on the night, as Geelong swooped and capitalised on any Tiger errant handball and missed kick.

Callum Moore was defiant under a barrage of pressure, as the rookie defender used his strength, speed and athleticism to continuously repel and rebound from defensive-50.

Moore won critical contests in the air and on the ground and finished the first-half with a team-high 12 disposals, an equal team-high 6 marks, and was Richmond’s best.

Geelong slammed on five-goals-to-one in the second term, as ex-Cat Ryan Bathie used his strength and skill to kick Richmond’s only major for the quarter.

The Cats made a 28-point turn around in the second term to take a 16-point lead into the main change.

McBean started the third term with renewed endeavour and had a hand in two early goals which swung the momentum slightly back the Tigers’ way.

McBean’s slick hands in close set-up Tom Quinn for the first goal of the quarter and when he guided through Taylor Hunt’s long range goal moments later, Richmond began to lift.

VFL-listed Tiger Jordan Quaile cut the margin to three-points after he swooped on a loose ball moments later and took full advantage of McBean’s free kick inside-50.

As was the story for most of the night however, a defensive error handed Geelong back-to-back goals approaching three-quartertime, and the momentum.

Dan Butler kicked the Tigers’ fourth of the term, as he intercepted the Cats, inside the centre circle, then steadied and kicked the goal-of-the-night, with a classy finish, on the run from outside 50.

Richmond won the quarter with four-goals-to-three, but the Cats steadied, and took a handy 10-point lead, kicking with the wind, into the final term.

The Tigers could only manage a miserly two-points into the wind in the last quarter as the Cats cruised home with three final term goals in what was a professional display post quartertime.

A Markov spoil back with the flight and follow-up smother delighted the Richmond faithful and was a rare highlight as he endeavoured to lift the Tigers.

Butler and Castagna’s creativity and daring with ball in hand were features of the final term, as Elton again proved solid down back.

Tiger rookie-listers Marcon (21 disposals, 8 tackles) and Moore (17 disposals and 8 marks) put in solid four-quarter performances and were best afield for the hosts.

Butler (6 tackles and one goal), Castagna (17 disposals and 15 handball receives) and Markov (16 disposals, eight hardball gets and four clearances) also showed promising signs.

Richmond’s next practice match is against Northern Blues at Punt Road Oval on 24 March, starting at 4:00pm.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-19/vfl-tigers-downed-by-selwood-led-cats

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #802 on: March 19, 2016, 03:30:45 PM »

the future is now  :pray
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #803 on: March 19, 2016, 05:38:55 PM »
Just a little tit bit of inside info.

There are currently no VFL listed players contracted to play for the RFC.......

Craig McCrae said that who ever trains hardest and plays best in these practice matches will be offered one.... :shh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #804 on: March 19, 2016, 06:34:41 PM »
wot?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #805 on: March 19, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »
wot?
I had the same reaction Al.
It seems very strange inded but also true.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: March 19, 2016, 07:35:45 PM »
wot?
Um, I believe that that are primarily a club player, eg. Deer Park, and therefore contacted to that club. They call it 'nominating a home club'.They then get cleared on an individual weekend/s to play for Richmond, I believe. Happy to be corrected on this.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #807 on: March 19, 2016, 07:41:26 PM »
wot?
Um, I believe that that are primarily a club player, eg. Deer Park, and therefore contacted to that club. They call it 'nominating a home club'.They then get cleared on an individual weekend/s to play for Richmond, I believe. Happy to be corrected on this.
Don't think so.  Was specifically told they would be giving contracts to those who trained hard and played well. This is directly from someone very high up in the club.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #808 on: March 19, 2016, 07:49:23 PM »
wot?

Actually works the other way around. players contracted to VFL clubs thst are stand alone AFL clubs fielding VFL sides eg Richmond  must nominate a club in a local league eg EDFL so they can ho back and play for when not playing for the VFL side

I thought both Tom Crouch & Ryan Bathie has both been signed by the RFC . Paul Amy who is a guru of all things VFL reported it. Actually Tommy Crouch has started working at the RFC inteh fitness  department
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #809 on: March 19, 2016, 07:52:35 PM »
wot?

Actually works the other way around. players contracted to VFL clubs thst are stand alone AFL clubs fielding VFL sides eg Richmond  must nominate a club in a local league eg EDFL so they can ho back and play for when not playing for the VFL side

I thought both Tom Crouch & Ryan Bathie has both been signed by the RFC . Paul Amy who is a guru of all things VFL reported it. Actually Tommy Crouch has started working at the RFC inteh fitness  department
Ok thanks :thumbsup