Author Topic: Schapelle  (Read 5598 times)

Moi

Schapelle
« on: April 28, 2005, 11:36:36 PM »
I hope they send her home to her mum and family.
Feel so sad for the kid as each day gets worse for her, and i don't believe she is guilty of anything.
For me, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and hope the court does too.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Schapelle
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 02:25:50 AM »
I usually dont bother too much with these things and have totally no sympathy for the Bali 9.

But the way this girl is being treated is an absolute disgrace seeing How Australia has helped and supported these people.

She has allready lost 7 months of her life. It is damn obvious she is innocent.

Mr Siregar compared Ms Corby's modest wage to the $50,000 it would cost to buy the marijuana in Australia. The same amount would sell for only $10,000 in Indonesia.

Cant these primitive people open thier eyes and let the poor girl go.

Just goes to show we really do live in the lucky country here. :cheers

Ox

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 06:43:27 AM »
I rekkon she's guilty.

Ex stripper,cocky as,been to Bali heaps of times and has a sister that lives there with a dodgy boyfriend.
Sister tells her to bring some bud with her,probably organised by the boyfriend and supposedly was to get thru customs scot free.
Something went wrong.

Having said that I also think she should be sent home to be tried under Australian law.

The problem here is the miniscual size of John Howards penis
Had he actually given a fuhk he would have had her extradited.
Imagine if it was his daughter.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 06:52:21 AM »
Was she a stripper ox - Shows I dont follow these things real close.

But why would you take dope into the country when you can get it there heaps cheaper ? and obviously knowing the risks if you had been there that many times ?

Seems odd to me

Ox

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 07:01:38 AM »
I believe she was a stripper in Japan cub.
I've also been told the brother in law,or whatever he is,Is somewaht of a known thug to the locals.

I guess there is a chance she was an unknowing participant but I'm sure at least 2 family members knew what was happening (sister,Hubby/Bfriend)

I remember her first interview with 60 minutes and thinking she just wasn't telling the truth.

It's a stupid thing to do but maybe the market was dry - it happens.

Somehow I see her as a chick that would say "I can do that"

Either way,she shouldn't be killed.

Realistically the Indonesian authorities have made a real mess of the facts,as usual,making it impossible to find the real truth.

It should be a mistrial.

Moi

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 07:43:52 AM »
I don't care if she's a stripper, prostitute or whatever, she's a human being and should be treated like one.
She's already spent about a month over what she should have got anyway - it's marijuana, not heroin.
The Indonesians are barbaric and i wouldn't set foot in their country.

If she was a cocky little miss before, i reckon she's had that permanently drummed out of her.

Another point - can someone tell me why the Bali 9 will probably only receive a life sentence if they're found guilty, but Schapelle could possibly face a death sentence?  Same country, different kind of justice - i'm confused  ???

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 08:23:34 AM »
Another point - can someone tell me why the Bali 9 will probably only receive a life sentence if they're found guilty, but Schapelle could possibly face a death sentence?  Same country, different kind of justice - i'm confused  ???

The Indonesian officials have said all the Bali 9 will face the death penalty if found guilty. It was originally thoguht that the 4 found at the hotel with the drugs may only get charged with possession and face 10 years in jail. But it has since been said that they will all be charged under the harshest trafficing laws and face the death penalty.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

2JD

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 08:57:43 AM »
I agree Moi. I dont care how beautiful their beaches are, how cheap the clothes how nice the locals those ba*t*rds will never see a cent of my money. I cant even begin to think i know how her mother feels, so helpless and angry and just beside herself. There are so many holes in the case against her that it's ridiculous. Vindictive, obtuse barbarians!!! >:( :banghead

Ox

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 09:08:14 AM »
Ladies!

Im with you.

I had a meeting with a guy here in LA who is co-ordinating a "we are the world" type project with all proceeds going to tsunami victims.
The song will be called "come together"

I told him they dont deserve it.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 09:53:56 AM »
As ox says, unless you are using it for your own or others recreational there is no logic in doing this. Certainly, it could not be financially logical to do it, unless you are an idiot.

Whilst the punishment is harsh, they have their reasons and the judicial system itself is not barabric, merely based on the french (as a former dutch colony) 'guilty until proven innocent'. Foreign to us, yes, but not entirely flawed.

Schapelle has either smuggled drugs or been unable to prove her innocence against seemingly no hard evidence. Either way, a very stupid girl. This is called natural selection and it has been around for billions of years.

The moral of the story - stay in school kids  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 10:57:12 AM by the_boy_jake »

Moi

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 02:11:51 PM »
Whilst the punishment is harsh, they have their reasons and the judicial system itself is not barabric, merely based on the french (as a former dutch colony) 'guilty until proven innocent'. Foreign to us, yes, but not entirely flawed.

Well, i think it's flawed in this case.  The penalties far outweigh the crime.  Marijuana is legal in some countries, and i think it's okay to grow your own in South Australia.  And i don't think it could kill anyone, so why take her life or ruin it when there's a lot of doubt in a lot of people's minds here that she did it.  So, I quite like our system that you're innocent until proven guilty, and a jury of your peers is far more fair than a couple of suss judges and a legal system which i think sucks.

Australians are very ready to condemn people - i think they get off on it sometimes, a la Lindy Chamberlain - so the poll results of over 80% supporting her is pretty significant IMO.

She hasn't received a proper trial.  Just one example of her request to have the bag containing the marijuana tested for her fingerprints etc. was pretty significant IMO that she hasn't been given justice.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 07:08:43 PM »
  Marijuana is legal in some countries, and i think it's okay to grow your own in South Australia. 

It's de-criminalised in the ACT as are most things banned elsewhere  ???. Passed on the dope at the ANU bar 10 years ago and went for the firecrackers instead ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 04:14:48 PM »
I rekkon she's guilty.

Ex stripper,cocky as,been to Bali heaps of times and has a sister that lives there with a dodgy boyfriend.
She's a local girl but there's been no mention in our news about being an ex-stripper. 

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 04:33:17 PM »
I've heard all sorts of rumours - her ex-boyfriend and father being involved in bikie gangs for one. That the ex is in jail for drugs related charges. Who knows what is true?

Is it true that her sister owns a surf shop in Bali? Why did she bother packing her boogie board? Someone, either the supposed drug trafficking network or Schapelle has been pretty stupid here.