Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316873 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1380 on: June 21, 2014, 08:11:07 AM »
If anyone deserved to get subbed tonight it was Titch, Richmond's nowhere man. He's neither here, he's neither there come to think of it he's not anywhere. He's Titch Edwards.

Great call Tucker, Titch should play forward pocket or not at all
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1381 on: June 21, 2014, 08:20:19 AM »
FWIW, I have no issue with Hardwick getting stuck into Vlas and Dea because they cost us 2 goals. In fact I'd argue if Newman and Chaplain made the same errors and Hardwick said nothing - half of you would need paper bags to breath into.

The issue is his lack of a consistent message in public.
 if he is a tenth as bad behind closed doors then he is done as a coach because that is how you lose players.
I have always believed the contract thing is large irrelevant because
 club revenue is directly related to wins and losses and it is a fairly straightforward exercise in evaluating the opportunity cost of keeping vs sacking.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1382 on: June 21, 2014, 08:47:44 AM »
Although I have had mixed opinions about Dimma, I reckon the problem lies deeper than just the coach, and no coach would be able to better than he has. The problem is our culture for example: woman president. Im not a sexist and I dont like sexism, but women in football simply dont belong. Its good we are trying to make our genders even blah blah, but with the women assistant coach at saints, next up will be a woman head coach. I understand the president shouldnt have too much influence on our actual on field performance but they can set a tone and our tone this year has been soft and stupid.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1383 on: June 21, 2014, 08:54:49 AM »
LMAO coming from Deas biggest critic

Well he has improved
He is allowed to you know

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1384 on: June 21, 2014, 08:55:30 AM »
If anyone deserved to get subbed tonight it was Titch, Richmond's nowhere man. He's neither here, he's neither there come to think of it he's not anywhere. He's Titch Edwards.

Great call Tucker, Titch should play forward pocket or not at all

I'll go as far and say that if Thomas started given his inside ability we may have had a bigger buffer and the result may have been different. Titch needs to come on and sub as a small forward as he did v Geelong to have an impact otherwise he is useless and is taking up a spot in the side. Barely an AFL footballer is Titch.

Unless Dea was injured subbing him off was wrong and Dimma is a clown for doing so. The fact that Dea went up for the mark whilst Chaplin stayed down to watch was more a blight on Chaplin than Dea.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1385 on: June 21, 2014, 08:58:50 AM »
Agree on Thomas, reality was Dea went and should've taken that mark. Chaplain going as well probably means they spoil each other which looks even worse

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1386 on: June 21, 2014, 10:46:12 AM »
Bump.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1387 on: June 21, 2014, 10:53:18 AM »
Dea wasn't injured. No injury management after being subbed plus the look on his face when Vickerys old man gave him the vest.

Can anyone explain why our boxing coach runs the boundary?
Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1388 on: June 21, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »
Why is he crying about umpires

More deflection than the EFC PR team

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1389 on: June 21, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »

I have always believed the contract thing is large irrelevant because
 club revenue is directly related to wins and losses and it is a fairly straightforward exercise in evaluating the opportunity cost of keeping vs sacking.

Cut our losses then.
Caracella and Balmey.

Gigantor

« Reply #1390 on: June 21, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »
The one theme that seems to be running through all Dimmas fireside chats this year,is that we are playing better than our win loss record suggests.This  to me is rather worrying,however it all means jack in the end because he will be judged solely on his win loss record..thats the only measure that ultimately counts

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1391 on: June 21, 2014, 03:23:26 PM »
He had a go at Campbell.  Complained that the umpire instructions were the problem.  Why would you have a crack at a former Richmond player and not the dud umpires on the night or the interpretation.  Campbell didn't instruct marks not to be paid.

Its our terrible style of footy that is the biggest problem anyway.  Was like watching the Adelaide game under Wallace where we ground out a defensive win.  Only we didn't win.  It wasn't sustainable or watchable then, it isn't now.

Hardwick is a marsh mellow.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1392 on: June 21, 2014, 03:31:48 PM »
Huge issues at RFC.

Can sustain a support base when you are losing when you have big cult figures like Richo, Nathan Brown, Knights etc. at the helm.
Without those types of figures if you start to lose game you risk losing your fan base unless you play attractive footy.

We don't have any cult figures that are exciting to watch. Riewoldt at full flight is close but apart from that no1 is a 'star' of the game that brings someone to the footy. We need to be playing attractive football like Port Adelaide.
Go Tigers!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1393 on: June 21, 2014, 03:32:50 PM »
He had a go at Campbell.  Complained that the umpire instructions were the problem.  Why would you have a crack at a former Richmond player and not the dud umpires on the night or the interpretation.  Campbell didn't instruct marks not to be paid.

A couple of reasons

Animosity on dikheds part.
Doesn't like him.

B-he's such a coward he can only have a crack at former club employees.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:50:48 PM by WilliamPowell »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #1394 on: June 22, 2014, 07:30:44 PM »
I've been a supporter of Hardwick for some time but I do wonder if he's taken us as far as he can.
Rings in my ears when he said the day his players stop improving is the day he walks away.
I wonder if he could honestly look himself in the mirror and ask himself how many of our players have improved over the past 12 months?