Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316843 times)

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
  • got to try everyday to keep mediocrity at bay
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1470 on: July 09, 2014, 12:10:47 PM »
Wait wait wait. Jackson is a "very good B-grader" but we have no A graders? Does that mean you rate Jackson on par with Martin, Lids, Cotch, Jack, Rance?

Yes - they are all B-grade players - that was the point

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1471 on: July 09, 2014, 12:11:42 PM »
If that trio are b grade

Jackson is d grade

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1472 on: July 09, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »
Almost the same players won 15 games last year.  Do you suggest that all the wins were flukes?

The list is not as bad as people say. Sure we need a few more good players and we have our fair share of duds, but most teams can say that.  I feel that our biggest problem this year is the WAY we play football.  Our work rate is way down on last year.  Our system has changed leading to slow ball movement and therefore an inability to score.  Our entry inside 50 is one of the worst in the league. That is probably the most important kick in footy and we butcher it towards the boundary and pockets time and time again making it easy for opposition backs and making it difficult for us to kick a winning score or even just put score board pressure on the opposition.  We also lack true leg speed to break a game open and that is where losing Matty White has hurt us.

No not flukes - just B-graders playing at their best (as a team) but they have lost the plot and that is what B-graders do

And I am not saying the list is the worst in the league - you need B-graders most clubs have around 80-90% of B-graders in their team - I'm saying we don't have anyone that can inspire by "grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck" - we don't have a Judd, Dangerfield, Abblet, Johnson, Roughead, Goodes to take the match apart...

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1473 on: July 09, 2014, 12:29:58 PM »
If that trio are b grade

Jackson is d grade

I would at least say he is C-grade - but I'm glad you get the point (they are B-grade)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1474 on: July 09, 2014, 12:34:59 PM »
I don't think they are not necessarily A-Grade players but at the moment they are not playing at an A-Grade standard. You would have to argue that this is the coaches fault. They are not providing the efficient roles and structures to allow them to maximize their strengths. Last year they did but this year other teams have neutralized our systems and we have not adapted. This is the coaches responsibilities because despite injuries and form slumps we should have the developed depth to fill roles regardless.

Sacking Hardwick would be a huge mistake imo. What we do need though is better support around him. Look at the best clubs and they have spent the money to employ the best assistant coaches. We need more experience and tactical nous in the box on game day and more development staff to get the best out of all our players. The problem is though that with this years poor form we have, and will next year, lose money from low attendance and memberships. We need to invest in more staff and better quality coaches to support the head coach regardless of who that may be.

We are feeling Leppa's loss this year both from a man-on-man and contested perspective and also from a tactical point of view on game day. Leppa made a significant improvement to both Jack and Rance's careers with his coaching and was frequently the calling the shots in the box on game day. Dimma was usually in charge but when you have additional experience and tactical intelligence around you to bounce ideas off, you always make better decisions. This is what we are lacking in 2014.

I think we will step up again next year but it will require a change of game plans and output by players. I don't think the umpires change of focus (thanks Cambo  ::)) with the incorrect disposal/holding the ball rule has assisted us this year because it has made the game more congested and tackle focused which suits teams full of inside midfielders. We are not one of those teams.

More experienced coaches, more development and a change/adaption of game plan and we will begin to play finals once again. Its not as big a jump as many would like you to believe. :shh :thumbsup

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1475 on: July 09, 2014, 12:36:28 PM »
Rance is easy 'A' grade

Mcdonuts has played 1.5 seasons and killed it on the weekend

I'll take your nomination under consideration - but not a lot of Full Backs have kicked  enough goals to win a game - others kick the winning score and they stop goals...

McDonough - can star in the seconds as much as he wants - it's a big step up and he's not ready (how long do we wait?)

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1476 on: July 09, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
I don't think they are not necessarily A-Grade players but at the moment they are not playing at an A-Grade standard. You would have to argue that this is the coaches fault. They are not providing the efficient roles and structures to allow them to maximize their strengths. Last year they did but this year other teams have neutralized our systems and we have not adapted. This is the coaches responsibilities because despite injuries and form slumps we should have the developed depth to fill roles regardless.

Sacking Hardwick would be a huge mistake imo. What we do need though is better support around him. Look at the best clubs and they have spent the money to employ the best assistant coaches. We need more experience and tactical nous in the box on game day and more development staff to get the best out of all our players. The problem is though that with this years poor form we have, and will next year, lose money from low attendance and memberships. We need to invest in more staff and better quality coaches to support the head coach regardless of who that may be.

We are feeling Leppa's loss this year both from a man-on-man and contested perspective and also from a tactical point of view on game day. Leppa made a significant improvement to both Jack and Rance's careers with his coaching and was frequently the calling the shots in the box on game day. Dimma was usually in charge but when you have additional experience and tactical intelligence around you to bounce ideas off, you always make better decisions. This is what we are lacking in 2014.

I think we will step up again next year but it will require a change of game plans and output by players. I don't think the umpires change of focus (thanks Cambo  ::)) with the incorrect disposal/holding the ball rule has assisted us this year because it has made the game more congested and tackle focused which suits teams full of inside midfielders. We are not one of those teams.

More experienced coaches, more development and a change/adaption of game plan and we will begin to play finals once again. Its not as big a jump as many would like you to believe. :shh :thumbsup

I'll agree to disagree about the grading - but I like your thoughts  :clapping

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1477 on: July 09, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »

I remember reading the same sort of thing from you when we were talking about sacking TW. Do you remember that Stripes? You backed him and blamed everyone but him... He'd got sacked and rightly so.
Now you have just blamed, Dimma's lack of help (which is his fault IMO, I'm sure he gets a say on who his employees are. He is very PIGHEADED and thinks he doesn't need help. That is as obvious as the nose on your face)
You blamed the game plan- which is 100% Dimma's fault.
You blamed the change in the umpiring, which is just ridiculas
You blamed the list which unfortunately is Dimma's responsibility while he is coach of the club.
At the end of the day what does he bring?
He has shown at match committee he has favourites.
He has refused to play (and draft) young kids this year.
His game style is 5 years too late.
He has NO PLAN B
Nothing against you Stripes but seriously why would we keep him other than for the money thing?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:47:12 PM by big tone »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1478 on: July 09, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »
 :clapping
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1479 on: July 09, 2014, 10:03:23 PM »
Rance is easy 'A' grade

Mcdonuts has played 1.5 seasons and killed it on the weekend

I'll take your nomination under consideration - but not a lot of Full Backs have kicked  enough goals to win a game - others kick the winning score and they stop goals...

McDonough - can star in the seconds as much as he wants - it's a big step up and he's not ready (how long do we wait?)

You're loopy dude. So to be A-grade it is a requirement to kick x amount of goals? Might as well fill the AA team with forwards ey

tony_montana

« Reply #1480 on: July 09, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »

I remember reading the same sort of thing from you when we were talking about sacking TW. Do you remember that Stripes? You backed him and blamed everyone but him... He'd got sacked and rightly so.
Now you have just blamed, Dimma's lack of help (which is his fault IMO, I'm sure he gets a say on who his employees are. He is very PIGHEADED and thinks he doesn't need help. That is as obvious as the nose on your face)
You blamed the list which unfortunately is Dimma's responsibility while he is coach of the club.
He has NO PLAN B
Nothing against you Stripes but seriously why would we keep in other than for the money thing?

:clapping

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1481 on: July 10, 2014, 12:28:57 AM »
You're loopy dude. So to be A-grade it is a requirement to kick x amount of goals? Might as well fill the AA team with forwards ey

I thought this was an open forum but if you want to start disparaging remarks it does make it harder to have an intelligent debate...

Rance does his job and that is it - an A-grader does his job and more (is that simple enough for you to understand)

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1482 on: July 10, 2014, 12:41:03 AM »
He has NO PLAN B
Nothing against you Stripes but seriously why would we keep him other than for the money thing?

so what I'm getting is the problem is the same with Hardwick as it was with Wallace? Doesn't that mean there is something wrong somewhere deeper in the club? Instead of going after the easy target "The Coach" shouldn't we be demanding "The Club" does more to insure we have the right footballers?

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1483 on: July 10, 2014, 06:55:14 AM »
There is a multitude of problems at this club including but not limited to:

1. The List;
2. The poor performance of the assistant coaches except for Choco;
3. Poor drafting-eg not getting a quality small forward
4. Culture- eg of underperforming and downhill skiers
5. Attitude- eg thinking in a better position than are;
6. The game plan and the lack of an alternative.

Whilst is clear that the coach must bear some responsibility for problems it is not entirely the coach's fault. Others in this club need to be held accountable eg football department as a whole. Removing just the coach does not fix the problems. If you are going to have change it needs to be far reaching.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1484 on: July 10, 2014, 08:28:42 AM »
There is a multitude of problems at this club including but not limited to:

1. The List;
2. The poor performance of the assistant coaches except for Choco;
3. Poor drafting-eg not getting a quality small forward
4. Culture- eg of underperforming and downhill skiers
5. Attitude- eg thinking in a better position than are;
6. The game plan and the lack of an alternative.

Whilst is clear that the coach must bear some responsibility for problems it is not entirely the coach's fault. Others in this club need to be held accountable eg football department as a whole. Removing just the coach does not fix the problems. If you are going to have change it needs to be far reaching.
I wasn't saying it was Dimma's fault entirely. But these points you bring up are the coaches responsibility.

The List- is Dimma's responsibility while he is in charge. If he thought throughout his 5 years that FJ and his team were no good he should do whatever it takes to replace them. Just like if a player was no good, it's Dimma's responsibility to replace them.

The poor performance of the assistant coaches- once again I don't think you can blame anyone else for who are the assistant coaches other than Dimma. Let's be honest most of them are 'no names'
I'm afraid IMO Dimma like to do things Dimma's way and having STRONG outspoken people around him I don't think really suits Dimma. Even Choco seems to have a lesser roll this year.

Poor drafting- see item 1. He needs to get people into the job that can deliver because it impacts on him. FJ has had long enough to get better at what he does.. In any other industry he would have been shown the door a long time ago. Getting our first pick right mostly is not enough. IMO even the size of the players drafted for their position with our first pick doesn't relay what the industry is doing. To many undersized midfielders.

Culture- culture IMO is winning. You win games and the culture takes care of itself. Dimma's responsibility.

Attitude- don't think anyone can argue that attitude is the coaching departments responsibility.

The game plan and lack of alternative- see above.

So I'm not really sure what part of our problem hasn't got to do with Dimma and his team that he has created. The only part the CLUB can be at fault of doing is giving Dimma an extension when they did. Nobody was going to poach him, why not leave it until closer to the end of his current contract?
Now as a CLUB we have to either pay him out and look like idiots or keep him there for another two years and undo all the good work they had done previously.