Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316827 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1500 on: July 11, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »
Sacking Hardwick would be a huge mistake imo.

Stripes.  Be interested to know why you think it would be a huge mistake?  What is the downside? 

The only downside I can see is the loss of $$$ from paying out his contract but I reckon that would be mitigated by the loss of $$$ keeping him would have on attendances, membership and sponsorship.

The reason I feel it would be a huge mistake is because for the first time in decades we have a unified club from the players to the CEO. We have gradually improved every year until this year. All out numbers, on and off the field, have trended upwards. You always place more weight on trends rather than anomalies. A single year in comparison to a pattern of five can not be used to base an argument upon. The reality is, is that unless next year we fail on field again, we can not correctly judge Hardwick's coaching tenure on one poor year.

I do not blame HArdwick for all the woes of my club. He is but one important cog in the machine. Bringing in a new coach may help temporarily but it will not correct the problem. We have invested in this journey together, we've got the ship, we've picked the crew and have trained them, we've got the map in front of us. Even though we've run aground atm, lets trust the club to fix it to allow the captain to get us to our destination rather than sink the ship entirely.

I don't want to rebuild and start again.

the claw

« Reply #1501 on: July 11, 2014, 06:00:37 PM »
if gary ablett was at richmond and did his shoulder...

would dimma tell to keep playing or get the op?

dont forget the crowds...
how naieve, abletts doctors advice was to have the op or risk complications if he doesnt.
in other words miss 7 games this yr or at 30  risk what career you have left.
if their coach had any say in the decision id be totally  surprised. hardwick would follow doctors orders. when we get the daggers out we blame em for everything and anything.

it would be impossible to get a balanced debate on anything hardwick on this site atm. seems atm hes not only the coach, but head recruiter, list manager  fitness guru club doctor and id not be surprised to hear someone blame him for poor boots or something.

if we blame him for everything and anything, the only thing that will happen is those who are responsible get away scott free.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1502 on: July 11, 2014, 06:02:19 PM »
Sacking Hardwick would be a huge mistake imo.

Stripes.  Be interested to know why you think it would be a huge mistake?  What is the downside? 

The only downside I can see is the loss of $$$ from paying out his contract but I reckon that would be mitigated by the loss of $$$ keeping him would have on attendances, membership and sponsorship.

The reason I feel it would be a huge mistake is because for the first time in decades we have a unified club from the players to the CEO. We have gradually improved every year until this year. All out numbers, on and off the field, have trended upwards. You always place more weight on trends rather than anomalies. A single year in comparison to a pattern of five can not be used to base an argument upon. The reality is, is that unless next year we fail on field again, we can not correctly judge Hardwick's coaching tenure on one poor year.

I do not blame HArdwick for all the woes of my club. He is but one important cog in the machine. Bringing in a new coach may help temporarily but it will not correct the problem. We have invested in this journey together, we've got the ship, we've picked the crew and have trained them, we've got the map in front of us. Even though we've run aground atm, lets trust the club to fix it to allow the captain to get us to our destination rather than sink the ship entirely.

I don't want to rebuild and start again.
Francesco Schettino says hello! (Costa Concordia captain)

the claw

« Reply #1503 on: July 11, 2014, 06:03:44 PM »
There is a multitude of problems at this club including but not limited to:

1. The List;
2. The poor performance of the assistant coaches except for Choco;
3. Poor drafting-eg not getting a quality small forward
4. Culture- eg of underperforming and downhill skiers
5. Attitude- eg thinking in a better position than are;
6. The game plan and the lack of an alternative.

Whilst is clear that the coach must bear some responsibility for problems it is not entirely the coach's fault. Others in this club need to be held accountable eg football department as a whole. Removing just the coach does not fix the problems. If you are going to have change it needs to be far reaching.

did my post then went back and had a look a comments. this post sort of sums up what i said.

hardwick has been poor in a lot things but he is not responsible for all things.  blame him for everything and those responsible for a lot of our ills will walk away without a scratch.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1504 on: July 11, 2014, 06:08:14 PM »
Has he been fired yet??
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
  • got to try everyday to keep mediocrity at bay
« Reply #1505 on: July 11, 2014, 09:03:36 PM »
what would it achieve?
a lot

A lot really? Probably about as much was achieved when we sacked: Wallace, Frawley, Gieschen, Walls, Bartlett, Sproule, Bourke, Jewell (twice) and Hafey

All these sacked coaches got us was debt and unfulfilled expectations - there are bigger problems at the club - we can't develop players and have not  for thirty years - in fact when players come to Richmond they tend to lose ability rather than gain it...

eg: When Kane Johnson came to the club he could hit people lace out everytime - by his second and third year he couldn't hit the grandstand from 10 metres... and all the kids with such potential that we couldn't turn into footballers: Banik, Poole, Tambling other sides can develop their kids - why can't we?

Albert Einstein defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
  • got to try everyday to keep mediocrity at bay
« Reply #1506 on: July 11, 2014, 09:23:12 PM »
LMAO you have seen nothing yet if you are taking offense at that, run away and go get your hard hat sonny

I didn't take offence just the fact that the first words out of his mouth is an insult proves a lack of intellect and as an adult I expect to have conversations here with people of like reason - I would expect that sought of thing from some who lacks maturity. Grown men don't need to be derogatory or demeaning to get their point across...

I didn't expect anyone on this forum to even take loopy as an insult :lol.

I'm just still baffled at you rating Jackson as well as Cotchin etc.

when a sentence begins with  "You're loupy" it doesn't have a lot of places to go and can't end well (but that's cool - I've got big shoulders)

Not sure what you mean by my rating of Jackson and Cotchin?
But Jackson is just a footballer (I like Daniel I think he gives his all and I wish others would follow his lead) his abilities are what I would refer to as league standard - his level of ability and endeavour is what the majority seniors should be - we just don't have the top echelon of players to take advantage of his work.
Cotchin - is an outside player but doesn't have the speed or strength required - he doesn't have a penetrating kick and gets tagged out of the game to easily

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1507 on: July 11, 2014, 09:30:22 PM »
Spot on re: development

My issue with the coach is the recruiting and the lack of development from the lower grades

He is also a liar and has recruited a few blokes who can't kick

He has to go because he is doing a lot of damage to the bottom dollar. That being said  it's a sideways move unless the whole football department, except choco follow him out the door

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1508 on: July 11, 2014, 09:34:47 PM »
Oh goody... looks like we've got another Cotchin basher on board.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:58:44 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1509 on: July 11, 2014, 09:42:12 PM »

Albert Einstein defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

So we are stuffed in so many words.
We know Einstein's four theories now we have discovered his fifth theory of relativity.
Whether we sack the coach or not we are fornicated.
The Skata Cycle. 32 years and counting. Plop Plop Plop. ®©™

Or as a scientific theory

a) = RFC
       ____     

9-18
              ®©™

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:59:48 PM by Don Fistiki »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1510 on: July 11, 2014, 09:54:02 PM »

So we are stuffed in so many words.
We know Einstein's four theories now we have discovered his fifth theory of relativity.
Whether we sack the coach or not we are fornicated.
The Skata Cycle. 32 years and counting. Plop Plop Plop. ®©™

Or as a scientific theory

a) = RFC
       ____

9-18

Only 3 coaches so far this century and people still think we're sack happy and "eat our own".

If anything we've gone too far the other way. All 3 clowns have stayed too long. There's a whole bunch of other things we've been doing over & over again that defines the insanity of the last decade and a half,  sacking too many coaches has not been one of them. Over-generous contracts & early extensions on the other hand....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1511 on: July 11, 2014, 09:57:51 PM »
Media and society conscious and it's still a PR disaster.

We are stuffed no matter what we do.

Too timid to do something, too timid to not do it.

We are a hindsight club and a template to all other clubs to never follow our model.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1512 on: July 11, 2014, 10:01:12 PM »

We are a hindsight club and a template to all other clubs to never follow our model.

As I've said, 17 clubs must follow a simple mantra for success: WWRD? - What Would Richmond do? Then do the opposite.

- Thomas Sowell

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1513 on: July 11, 2014, 10:04:58 PM »

As I've said, 17 clubs must follow a simple mantra for success: WWRD? - What Would Richmond do? Then do the opposite.

Many theories all come to the same conclusion. :thumbsup

Einstein even worked this out 80 years ago.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1514 on: July 11, 2014, 10:35:49 PM »
Has he been fired yet??
No but he's still scratching his head.  :huh3 :huh3 :huh3 :huh3 :huh3
The club that keeps giving.