Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 315484 times)

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #2085 on: May 11, 2015, 09:52:46 AM »
how lucky is Damien Carlton has exploded?

the media too dumb to focus on two things at once

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2086 on: May 11, 2015, 12:18:09 PM »
I've never seen anything more ridiculous than what happened on the weekend.

Chaplin up forward, Morris up forward and Rance in the centre bounce. Granted Morris has been tried up forward for a while but is this Plan B? Take out our entire defensive line up and put them up the ground?

I'm sorry but that is panic stations from our coaching staff. Absolute panic stations. They are 3 of the back 6 we had last year that played finals football. What sort of laughing stock does that. If it were Round 1 after trying it out all pre season fair enough but we are 2 months into the season and the coaching staff have given up on the group and game plan and are playing musical chairs. Laughing Stock.
Go Tigers!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2087 on: May 11, 2015, 01:02:13 PM »

Chaplin up forward, Morris up forward and Rance in the centre bounce. Granted Morris has been tried up forward for a while but is this Plan B? Take out our entire defensive line up and put them up the ground?

I'm sorry but that is panic stations from our coaching staff. Absolute panic stations. They are 3 of the back 6 we had last year that played finals football. What sort of laughing stock does that. If it were Round 1 after trying it out all pre season fair enough but we are 2 months into the season and the coaching staff have given up on the group and game plan and are playing musical chairs. Laughing Stock.

Don't think it was panic stations, think it was more along the lines of the game was shot, we weren't going to come back, so why not try something anything? Do you really think we were any chance at 3qtr time on Saturday? We weren't game was gone 20 minutes into the third

They've thrown Chaplin forward before, last year against Port at Etihad and it worked, he kicked a couple = it worked

People complain when they do nothing but now you're complaining when they did something different

Can't have it both ways Pope

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2088 on: May 11, 2015, 01:09:14 PM »
We have a non functioning forward line, its that simple, therefore Hardwick is trying to come up with a magic fix which just wont happen in the short term. We have obvious deficiencies in that we don't have a power forward and we have no skilled small forwards. Therefore we regularly get the ball in there but as we have all seen the ball just comes out just as quickly. These deficiencies need to be addressed with recruitment but we all know that wont happen in the short term because the delusional people in those positions seem to think everything is pretty well covered with the list we have. Every time i read this forum there is at least one thread relating to our dire need to recruit exciting small classy forwards (Indigenous often preferred), it hasn't happened and now its coming back to bite us. Its been said ad nauseum but Morris isn't the answer and nor was his predecessor in Kingy, both were/are stop gap forwards at best and the sooner we pour some resources into this area we are going to be at the base of the ladder for some time to come.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2089 on: May 11, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »

Don't think it was panic stations, think it was more along the lines of the game was shot, we weren't going to come back, so why not try something anything? Do you really think we were any chance at 3qtr time on Saturday? We weren't game was gone 20 minutes into the third

They've thrown Chaplin forward before, last year against Port at Etihad and it worked, he kicked a couple = it worked

People complain when they do nothing but now you're complaining when they did something different

Can't have it both ways Pope
The game was shot due to the way we were playing, not the scoreline. Look at the Saints on the weekend coming from 50+ points down in the third quarter.

I thought it was absolutely stupid to throw Rance into the middle and Chaplin forward.

What I would have liked to see would be the coaches put the players on notice. If they don't tackle and play hard in that last they are in the VFL. If they don't play for the jumper then you are out. I would have loved to see a considerable change in what we were dishing up, some hard tackling football, some pressure on the opponents, man on man. Would have been nice to see some blokes that actually gave a stuff because they thought if they didn't they would get the flick from the senior side as opposed to no efforts from some as they know they'll never get the chop.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2090 on: May 11, 2015, 01:54:01 PM »
I've been saying for a couple of season now, I'm not convinced on Hardwick. I don't believe he is a good game day coach. How many times have we seen this side continue to play the style of football they do on a clear day when it starts to rain at half time. Look at the Melbourne game this year, rain comes down at half time, and Melbourne gain metres wherever they can. Richmond continue to look for that switch in the middle and turn the ball over time and time again.

How many weeks do we have to endure our players kicking long into our forward 50 to a contest where our forwards are outnumbered, instead of someone lowering their eyes and hitting someone short for a shot at goal?

All things that coaches should have addressed a long time ago and yet we still see the same simple errors week in week out.  Frustrating as hell to watch, and for those things I blame the coach and his coaching staff.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2091 on: May 11, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »

as someone who often rides in on their unicorn banging on about no plan B,  how bout you tell us what should have happened?

Is there any magical move he could have made that would not be robbing paul to play peter?

(hint, ask your unicorn if you dont know)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2092 on: May 11, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »
It was all too late but least they tried something for once. Should've also moved Morris back to play on Thomas.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2093 on: May 11, 2015, 08:30:11 PM »
Maybe only Plan B's that work can be implemented

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #2094 on: May 11, 2015, 08:55:26 PM »

I agree with this, there is no one better placed to play full forward in this side than Jack at any stage of the game. 
Yeah sure it was time for a 'change up' but change up from what, you don't know how well your FF is going unless you actually play him there. If we need hit up targets on the hff and wing, then pick them, Aaron Edwards was doing the job adequately on rookie wage, not sure we need our gun 750k FF doing this.
As for playing limited defenders there, you are right, that is panic stations.
What is plan B?
The next best option deep forward is Dusty, which was working nicely during the 9 game streak, closely followed Deledio then Cotchin. Deledio is the one that gets me. He showed so much when he was played forward early in his career, yet Hardwick will not even consider it, even if Lids is copping a hard tag with no help from the lesser mortals of the team. Does Hardwick think that he alone can outsmart the conventional proven wisdoms of footy? Does he not play Lids at FF because Wallet did, therefore we are never doing it again.

For the first time, I am officially endorsing this thread, Hardwick has done OK at Richmond, nothing more, nothing less, and he can't do anything more for this bunch of players either. We are going to be 2-8 going into the bye after an away game at Freo, and I think that this is the right time to deliver the old Punt Rd special envelope, been handed to a few over the years, time for another one. See ya later Hardwick.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2095 on: May 17, 2015, 10:04:49 PM »
C'mon lads can't let a good win derail this thread

Let's get it going

Sack the bum, he has no plan b

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #2096 on: May 17, 2015, 10:09:11 PM »
He was still awful today.

Actually managed to appear a worse coach during a win, that shows how bad his match day work is.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2097 on: May 17, 2015, 10:10:26 PM »
C'mon lads can't let a good win derail this thread

Let's get it going

Sack the bum, he has no plan b

The win is appreciated. Doesn't mean the decision to start Rance in the middle wasn't comical.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #2098 on: May 17, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »
At least he tried something.............. :thumbsup
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2099 on: May 17, 2015, 11:18:49 PM »
I think the Rance in the middle just highlighted the lack of creativity their is at Tigerland. I've never seen a worse move, this was worse than Wallace moving Richo into the ruck vs Geelong at Etihad when we lost by 150 points.

The only thing that has worked consistently over the past 2 season is Rance. Why would you move him into the middle... To Hardwicks credit he moved him back when it looked like we were going to lose by 200 points.  It we lost by under a goal, this decision and conceeding 4 early goals at the start of the game would have cost us the win and further more cemented the idea that Hardwick has no idea how to coach when our Plan A doesn't get up and running..
Go Tigers!