Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 314719 times)

No More

Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #2370 on: September 05, 2015, 10:26:39 PM »
Don't be surprised to see an extension shortly.  ;D

this is absolutely right + 2 years  :thumbsup

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2371 on: September 06, 2015, 06:05:18 AM »
Would it be fair to say next weeks elim final is career defining?

Not quite. 3 straight finals appearances is pretty impressive from where we were a few years ago. If we lose in another EF though then there will be a lot of pressure next year to prove he can win a final.

2 elimination final losses 2013 and 2014 and there's not a lot of pressure in 2015?

Bat poo crazy talk.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2372 on: September 06, 2015, 09:46:49 AM »

Bad call if they do that IMHO

No need for it right now
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

No More

« Reply #2373 on: September 06, 2015, 10:52:40 AM »

Bad call if they do that IMHO

No need for it right now

I been told they will extend him by 2 years. He will get 2016-2018 contract.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2374 on: September 06, 2015, 10:57:10 AM »

Not quite. 3 straight finals appearances is pretty impressive from where we were a few years ago. If we lose in another EF though then there will be a lot of pressure next year to prove he can win a final.

2 elimination final losses 2013 and 2014 and there's not a lot of pressure in 2015?

Bat poo crazy talk.

There's pressure no doubt. Not the kind of pressure that would have this game be career defining for him if we lose. Some on here might not think making finals in 3 consecutive years is "success" (and fair enough we all want to win a flag) but you can't argue that Dimma has led us through our most successful period in a very long time. I'm not entirely sure he's the man to take us forward from here but he deserves to continue on next year regardless of the result next week.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2375 on: September 06, 2015, 11:44:21 AM »
The club realizes that Dimma took over when the expansion clubs took all the best picks so they have cut him more slack than they normally would.
I think a coach is only as good as their personnel. If we go down to a very mature North, it won't be because of Dimma. He plans meticulously and is loved by the players. The club has identified we need more talent and that is why they are chasing Treloar, Yarran and anybody else they think can improve us.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2376 on: September 06, 2015, 12:01:06 PM »
If we do lose, he would have to be looked at. Just like Eade was at Sydney and Wallace at the Dogs etc...... its not just good enough to make the finals. We have to win one and he may only have the goods to get us there.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2377 on: September 06, 2015, 12:10:47 PM »
The club realizes that Dimma took over when the expansion clubs took all the best picks so they have cut him more slack than they normally would.
I think a coach is only as good as their personnel. If we go down to a very mature North, it won't be because of Dimma. He plans meticulously and is loved by the players. The club has identified we need more talent and that is why they are chasing Treloar, Yarran and anybody else they think can improve us.

Does anyone really think our list is good enough to win a flag? I think we're doing pretty well with what I consider to be a middling list.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2378 on: September 06, 2015, 12:25:24 PM »

Give me a spell

What's wrong with that statement. What do you think will happen?

Plenty. 3 finals is not impressive if you  end up losing all 3.

after getting embarrassed in the last 2 years, this has to be our first finals win no ifs buts or maybes. We have virtually no injuries to speak and a home final to boot.

Season is a write off like the last 2 if we lose
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2379 on: September 06, 2015, 01:04:02 PM »

Give me a spell

after getting embarrassed in the last 2 years, this has to be our first finals win no ifs buts or maybes. We have virtually no injuries to speak and a home final to boot.

How are the last 2 seasons a write off? You don't just win a premiership out of nowhere. You build a winning culture on and off the field. This is a gradual process. I can assure you that teams who win a premiership wouldn't call the years that preceded it a write off.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2380 on: September 06, 2015, 01:21:52 PM »

Give me a spell

How are the last 2 seasons a write off? You don't just win a premiership out of nowhere. You build a winning culture on and off the field. This is a gradual process. I can assure you that teams who win a premiership wouldn't call the years that preceded it a write off.

Over how many years is your "gradual process" because this is our third year and the likes of Deledio are not getting any younger...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #2381 on: September 06, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »

Does anyone really think our list is good enough to win a flag? I think we're doing pretty well with what I consider to be a middling list.

I do

We have shown on a number of occasions this season that our best is good enough. We have a fit playing list, all our top Enders are fit and firing, it's not an exact science and you can't pick and choose when your time has come, we should be seriously targeting a flag now

dwaino

« Reply #2382 on: September 06, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »

I do

We have shown on a number of occasions this season that our best is good enough. We have a fit playing list, all our top Enders are fit and firing, it's not an exact science and you can't pick and choose when your time has come, we should be seriously targeting a flag now

+1

You can't seriously hope to field 22 guns as the only possible chance to push a flag. It's about squeezing the most out of average players. Malthouse at Collingwood and Longmire have done a great job of this. Hawks have probably been the exception of this who have combined great coaching with exemplary recruiting and development.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2383 on: September 06, 2015, 02:20:52 PM »

Give me a spell

Okay. I don't remember saying flag or bust, but after 3 yrs is it too much to expect us to be aiming higher which means a better finals showing, esp after what they have dished up in the last 2 campaigns.

I standby what I said. If we are not capable of progressing with a September finals win we haven't moved forward
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2384 on: September 06, 2015, 04:40:08 PM »
yeah, of course we will still be in the same position we were when hardwick took over.

fair dinkum whose been handing out the stupid pills today?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI