Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 315476 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #675 on: March 28, 2014, 07:42:20 PM »
Chaplin is a general down there and a key part of the backline.

And a good bloke.

Leave him alone. All of you.

All of you.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

the claw

« Reply #676 on: March 29, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »
Carlton don't have a forward line.

Waite has his once a year cameo against us.
We can never stop any decent Indigenous player so all those fellows usually have a good 10 minute burst that kill us.
We are too soft and need to harden up.

And the one of our biggest problems to our team is the glaring lack of leaders that stand up to lead the team when things aren't going to plan.
gotta agree on all points.
what people have to realise is  they went in short of talls. our tall defenders werent going to get it much easier than it was.
all game malthouse was torn between playing rowe and henderson forward and back trying to find a decent balance.

my own point of view i thought chaplin pretty ordinary. my opinion of him he should be capable of playing 1v1 imo this is the only role he should be playing. go to and shut out of the game the oppositions monster key forward, if he cant do this he should not be getting a game. we were lucky last night in the fact carlton didnt have the personell on the park to take advantage.

on carlton i think they have some real serious issues with talls list wise. they are screaming out for two or 3 kpp size forwards and 2 or 3 kpp size defenders on their list. for both now and to develop.they could also do with a good junior ruckman or two.
as far as genuine kpp size players to come into their side they only have casboult,watson and kruezer. plus a couple of third tall flanker types in walker and mcinnes. id say when all is going right with them all 5 would probably be playing.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #677 on: March 30, 2014, 11:04:06 AM »
Best Players were clearly Thomas, Martin, Griffiths, Hampson, Cotchin,

Ellis deserves to be there. Great job curtailing Gibbs and kicked a couple of brilliant goals of his own.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #678 on: March 30, 2014, 11:53:11 AM »
The decision to play Ellis on Gibbs was a good one and should be applauded. Ellis did a good job. Astbury should have been included in the best

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #679 on: March 30, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »
The decision to play Ellis on Gibbs was a good one and should be applauded. Ellis did a good job. Astbury should have been included in the best

Also the decision to have Dusty isolated in the goal square in the last few minutes of the game

1980 I Was There

« Reply #680 on: March 30, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »
Let's just keep a coach for more than 5 years hey.
All of our flags (except 1980) were won under coaches that served for more than 5 years.

Richmond and the majority of it's supporters, have always had the same attitude, oh crap we lost another game "SACK THE COACH, IT'S ALL THE COACHES FAULT S A C K  H I M".
A friggin disgrace for the past 30 years, and people still don't get it FFS  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Dimma's the best coach we've had in the past 30 years and people are saying sack him >:(

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #681 on: March 30, 2014, 02:29:39 PM »
Not even close to being the best coach we've had.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #682 on: March 30, 2014, 02:44:02 PM »
Let's just keep a coach for more than 5 years hey.
All of our flags (except 1980) were won under coaches that served for more than 5 years.

Richmond and the majority of it's supporters, have always had the same attitude, oh crap we lost another game "SACK THE COACH, IT'S ALL THE COACHES FAULT S A C K  H I M".
A friggin disgrace for the past 30 years, and people still don't get it FFS  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Dimma's the best coach we've had in the past 30 years and people are saying sack him >:(

Swooper called. Pls call him back
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #683 on: March 30, 2014, 02:45:56 PM »
About time you wrote something good, Dooks. I forgive you

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #684 on: March 30, 2014, 02:48:30 PM »

Also the decision to have Dusty isolated in the goal square in the last few minutes of the game

totally Agree. Martin was the perfect choice to be left isolated in the forwardline. He has the x factor that we so badly need and showed it when it was most needed.

1980 I Was There

« Reply #685 on: March 30, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »
About time you wrote something good, Dooks. I forgive you
:lol :thumbsup

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #686 on: March 30, 2014, 02:49:30 PM »
Id go so far as to say, tactically speaking, Wallace was better than hardwick is
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

1980 I Was There

« Reply #687 on: March 30, 2014, 03:27:04 PM »
Id go so far as to say, tactically speaking, Wallace was better than hardwick is
Yeah I truly agree, wallace was a great coach, but his style of coaching just didn't suit the players, and the personal side effects between him and the players wasn't real flash either. What ever issues there were between the players and himself is something that we will never know, but it just didn't work.

May have been the best coach, just not for Richmond at the time.

Mind you though and I didn't think when I was typing before, because I was a bit angry and don't want to change coaches anymore, that Jeff Gieschen was probably one of the best coaches in the past 30 years and what he tried to do for Richmond back in the mid nineties (I think it was). When he sacked a heap of Tiger officials (board members I think?) because they were all drunk in the members box during a game, something like that anyway.
This was what I thought was going to be a defining moment at Tigerland and that we might start winning games, especially when he was appointed coach.

So I do apologise for saying Dimma was the best coach in the past 30 years, I wasn't trolling or any dumb crap like that, but as I said we just need to keep a good coach and Dimma is just that, a good coach.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #688 on: March 30, 2014, 04:18:42 PM »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #689 on: March 30, 2014, 04:32:56 PM »
Champagne comedy guys keep up the laughs