Author Topic: Richmond vs Fremantle - Round 21  (Read 13254 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Fremantle - Round 21
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 03:54:40 AM »
So how do we combat Pavlich this week he is in hot form and kicking bags against top fullbacks in the afl not just on Rance early in the year. So do we double team him like they do to Jack or loose man in defence ?.

Gigantor

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 04:17:30 AM »
Cut the supply to him as best we can

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 06:55:11 AM »
No way we can beat the "Idiot Crowd" and the weak umpires that will sucumb to the mentatlity of the crowd.

We can beat the Dorks though, if we can have a 6 goal opening term to 3 and shut the crowd up early we will go ok. We actually play Subi ver well, always have.

:gotigers :gotigers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 08:03:41 AM »
In:   16 clones of chimp
Out:  everyone except Cotch, Lids, Jack, Morris, dusty and Rance

More Mullet pal

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 08:56:39 AM »
A Tigers win would be nice but unfortunately I'd rather see someone take out Ballantyne and Crowley for the rest of the year.

Outs - Post, White

Ins - Batchelor (if available), Dea &

Tom Derrickx into squad for following reasons :

- Home state and ground should be good/firm
- Put him at Centre half fwd and keep him there
- Allows Maric to drop back to defence and will provide him a genuine ruck option to get a rest - McGuane against Griffin/Sandilands will be a joke.
- If ever there is a chance he was going to show something, anything - you would thing it would be at Patterson's!!!

We will require hard running to break the flooding MF Dockers and isolated tall target options so that the dockers cannot double team. With Jack, McGuane and Derrickx up forward leading to different spots the midfielders need to make the right choices of which forward to pick to deliver the ball.

Need Griffiths to stand up this week - supposedly meant to be a big mobile man - has done jack since coming back from injury. Needs to find space to give him time to deliver long balls from half forward to break the flood. Useless in deep defence.

Hardwick needs to coach well this week. Needs to get a win against Lyon so needs to work a way that players can stay fresh and keep running to provide options. Cannot allow Dockers to kick more than 2-3 goals in a row like last time. Crows broke down Dockers last week by hard running through lines and kicking to isolated targets

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:24:59 AM by Big Papa Bear »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »
A Tigers win would be nice but unfortunately I'd rather see someone take out Ballantyne and Crowley for the rest of the year.

Outs - Post, White

Ins - Batchelor (if available), Dea &

Tom Derrickx into squad for following reasons :

- Home state and ground should be good/firm
- Put him at Centre half fwd and keep him there
- Allows Maric to drop back to defence and will provide him a genuine ruck option to get a rest - McGuane against Griffin/Sandilands will be a joke.
- If ever there is a chance he was going to show something, anything - you would thing it would be at Patterson's!!!

We will require hard running to break the flooding MF Dockers and isolated tall target options so that the dockers cannot double team. With Jack, McGuane and Derrickx up forward leading to different spots the midfielders need to make the right choices of which forward to pick to deliver the ball.

Need Griffiths to stand up this week - supposedly meant to be a big mobile man - has done jack since coming back from injury. Needs to find space to give him time to deliver long balls from half forward to break the flood. Useless in deep defence.

Hardwick needs to coach well this week. Needs to get a win against Lyon so needs to work a way that players can stay fresh and keep running to provide options. Cannot allow Dockers to kick more than 2-3 goals in a row like last time. Crows broke down Dockers last week by hard running through lines and kicking to isolated targets

Sounds almost plausible.

Tom might be a bit slow for Subiaco.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 10:46:31 AM »
Pav looked sore last week, he will either miss this week or come out and kick a bag agian ::)

About as sore as Reece Conca will be when he gets delisted for his crap skills!!!!!!!!!

Is the eight foot gruffalow gonna be bumbling about in his caliper ? 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 02:29:30 PM »
From today's West Australian...

Nat Fyfe has been cleared of a serious ankle injury and Fremantle coach Ross Lyon is confident his young star will be fit for Saturday's crunch clash with Richmond at Patersons Stadium.

Lyon said No.1 ruckman Aaron Sandilands still had several hurdles to clear to return this weekend from turf toe.

Defender Luke McPharlin will return from his one-game suspension, offering an immediate match-up for Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt.

Lyon described the Tigers as a really dangerous team.

"They've hardly been beaten by any margin this year," Lyon said.

"They've been in every game they've played. They've got their full midfield together.

"They've had a good win - two wins in a row - and they're feeling good about themselves, so we understand that it's a really important game for us and we're playing a quality opposition."

Richmond's finals hopes are remote despite them still being a mathematical chance.

They are 12th, two wins behind eighth-placed Essendon but with a superior percentage.

Coach Damien Hardwick said Richmond had made a conscious decision not to concede their 2012 campaign by prematurely sending players for surgery.

"For us to go forward, regardless of finals, for season 2013, we weren't going to pack up guys," Hardwick told Melbourne radio SEN.

"We were going to play the season out as much as we could with the list that we've got."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/14544016/fyfe-in-frame-to-take-on-richmond/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jake King backs Tigers to outrun Freo (Sky news)
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 02:38:12 PM »
King backs Tigers to outrun Freo
Sky News
Tuesday August 14, 2012

Jake King says Richmond are keen to ruin other sides' finals hopes over the next fortnight even if the Tigers cannot make it themselves.

Richmond will take on Fremantle at Patersons Stadium on Saturday before two home games to finish the season against Essendon and Port Adelaide.

While King insists the Tigers have 'definitely not' given up on playing in September, the 28-year-old has claimed the opportunity to hurt the Dockers and Bombers in the quest to play finals will inspire Richmond over the next two weeks.

'That'd be just a bit of icing on the cake,' King said on Tuesday.

'If we can't make finals, you actually want to have something to play for.

'So you want to finish the season off strongly and you don't want to give other sides the four points and an easy run into the finals.

'If we can do that and upset a few sides along the way, it's just going to give us a good chance of slipping in ourselves if everything goes well.

'We actually can make it if things work in our favour.'

Richmond have won three of their past six games at Subiaco, including two against Fremantle.

While the three defeats have come in the most recent games, King has argued the Tigers enjoy playing out west.

'It's a big ground and we've got a lot of leg speed in our side,' King said.

'So hopefully it works in our favour again.'

King believes his side's speed could also hurt Fremantle's defensive structure.

'They like to do more of a full-ground press and get all of their players up the ground,' the Richmond utility said.

'So if we can move the ball quickly and get through their bubble, (and) the sides who have been have actually done quite well, it's going to be a good way to get over the line.'

http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=783506

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 03:09:41 PM »
We will win by 36 points.

Bookmark this.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 05:22:25 PM »
Just heard a snippet on MMM of what Jake said before that was left out of that article. He said that these are the sides around us (Freo and Essendon) and if we can stop them from playing finals and get wins ourselves then we are doing something right.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 05:29:32 PM »
Just heard a snippet on MMM of what Jake said before that was left out of that article. He said that these are the sides around us (Freo and Essendon) and if we can stop them from playing finals and get wins ourselves then we are doing something right.

Whatever that means, they'd be better off taking "one week at a time" :wallywink
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »

:thumbsup

love this

spot on, particulary beating the Bombers. I will forget about the suns, NB loss if we stop this rabble playing finals particulary after how Knighter copped it and he got them to finals

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »

:thumbsup

love this

spot on, particulary beating the Bombers. I will forget about the suns, NB loss if we stop this rabble playing finals particulary after how Knighter copped it and he got them to finals

Yeah I'm with you  :thumbsup I read that article when OE posted it and I thought it sounded a bit desperate and hopeful. Then during the sports segment of MMM's news they played a snippet of Jake and they played that and it sounded much better. Just goes to show that media love beating us up and they'll even try to use our own to do it.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 07:39:01 PM »
Put half the team on Pavlova like everyone else does to Jack.
I want the return of the angry Newmo 80 metre torp as well.