Author Topic: Mark of the Year?  (Read 2453 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Mark of the Year?
« on: May 02, 2005, 03:57:14 AM »
How good was this!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup

:bow  :bow  :bow  :bow  :bow  :bow  :bow

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

Re: Mark of the Year?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 07:54:49 AM »
How good was this!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup

:bow  :bow  :bow  :bow  :bow  :bow  :bow

hety mt how do u insert pics in the posts?

that mark then goal had everyone pumped, did u see how fired up richo joel everyone were , bllody brilliant thats the attitude we need every game

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 09:15:55 AM »
hahahahahahah I went wild for that one......a Richo classic!
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 11:34:23 AM »
Funny. :lol  :lol  :lol

Did you watch when Richo was going off after the goal?

whacked poor Pettifer right in the gob.

Offline Cain

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 06:14:59 PM »
This is why we love him.

Pettifer got smacked in the gob - I think Browny wanted to smack him in the gob later on  when he was being a goose in the goalsquare.
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 06:37:45 PM »
Funny. :lol  :lol  :lol

Did you watch when Richo was going off after the goal?

whacked poor Pettifer right in the gob.

LOL I was wondering at the time why Pettifer was touching his face. Looks like we need to tone down our goal celebrations when you remember Cambo injured himself during one  :-\.

Offline Tiv

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 07:40:08 PM »
This is why we love him.

Pettifer got smacked in the gob - I think Browny wanted to smack him in the gob later on  when he was being a goose in the goalsquare.

If I remembered correctly Browny in his days with Doggies actually turned around and showed the ball to an opponent b4 he kicked a goal and I think in the end the opposition came back and won.
So it seems he has become wiser. Pettifer is finally enjoying some good footy, he is still learning.
Best thing about the win is the positive feeling around the club. Lets hope we go on from here and at least beat Carlton and Collingwood. They are both not playing good footy and this is the opportunity to beat our old foes and I am sure the players will start believing we can make the finals!! Shhhh lets keep it hush, hush...

By end of year our cubs will be Tigers!

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 08:20:53 PM »

LOL I was wondering at the time why Pettifer was touching his face. Looks like we need to tone down our goal celebrations when you remember Cambo injured himself during one  :-\.

lol, and tht wasn't even for a goal he kicked! He'd probably need 2 knee reconstructions if he had kicked that goal himself.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 08:25:20 PM »
This is why we love him.

lol, thought Browny was a bit of a sook. I think he was more concerned with the fact that Pettifer didn't handball to him moreso than that he mocked the opposition.

Let's not forget Browny orchestrating the Doggies' supporters the other week.

lmfaooo@what Pettifer did. I actually didn't mind it because the game was over and we were pulling their pants down ready for the insertion.

if he did it when we were only a couple of goals up, then different story.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 10:08:03 PM »
hety mt how do u insert pics in the posts?

Code: [Select]
[img]image web address[/img]
or click on the icon then put in the image web address between the "img" tags.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 10:30:21 PM »
This is why we love him.

If I remembered correctly Browny in his days with Doggies actually turned around and showed the ball to an opponent b4 he kicked a goal and I think in the end the opposition came back and won.

Didn't he also at the doggies give the bird to an opposition cheer squad once?

Browny doesn't mind putting on a show either when he took a bow towards the taunting doggy fans after he kicked a goal when we played them in round 3.

As for Pettifer's wait and tap in the goalsquare before slotting the ball through - yeah it was a touch of needless lairising and something he shouldn't do again but there also was a bit of karma in it. Mark Williams hasn't actually been the sort of bloke that has respected the RFC in the past. His comment in 2003 in the week after Jack Dyer's passing that playing against us would just be a practice match was insulting and he got his just desserts yesterday  :thumbsup. The power players were just 22 witch's hats for us from half way through the 2nd quarter onwards  :lol

« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 10:33:18 PM by mightytiges »

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 08:58:41 AM »
lmfaooo@what Pettifer did. I actually didn't mind it because the game was over and we were pulling their pants down ready for the insertion.

HAHAHAHAH Im with you.....I remember at the time screaming out suck on that Choco and then proceeding to do the insertion motion (there is actually a chant in Greek soccer that involves hand actions. Nothing funnier than seeing 2.000 away supporters using their hands to do an insertion motion whilst taunting the opposition). I have no qualms with it....they have been taking the pee out of us for 7 years. I say let them cop it from all angles.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 03:54:00 AM »
This could be complete rubbish lol but I was told tonight that Port are pretty cut up about what Pettifer did  :thumbsup. Apparently some of the talk in Adelaide is saying the Power considered it "the greatest insult one club can do to another". A bit overdramatic considering two years ago Williams wouldn't allow his players to sing their theme song after beating us at the Dome because beating us was just like a practice match and not worth celebrating  ::).

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 07:11:56 AM »
Simple - If Pettifer continues to kick 4 goals each week, he can celebrate (as long as its not OTT)

The way it sounded on the radio was that he placed the ball on the ground.

Clearly he just bounced the ball and dropped it through for a goal.

It tells me one thing - His confidence is sky high.    :thumbsup

Back to the thread - Not sure if it was Mark of the Year - but being at such a moment - going into the lead at half time after the conversion it could be Mark of the Richmond season .  That win might be the one that gets Richo into his second finals series.