Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]  (Read 259772 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]
« Reply #1680 on: October 21, 2012, 05:43:57 PM »
Stef Martins worst is very very bad - Gus like. Possibly worse.

PASS.
disagree.

i was impressed with his 2011 was very good for a back up ruckman, and 2009 he had a decent yr tracking in the right direction for a young player in his second yr in the afl.
he managed just 7 gmes this yr mainly due to injury. 2010 he played just 2 games again due to injury hip problem.  so hes stalled more due to injury than not having talent.
seems his two recent injury free seasons hes been decent and hes tracked well and truly in the right direction.

reckon he would be the type hartley looks at a talented player not getting a game or performing for what ever reason at another club, a player who may come real cheap.
at 199cm and 104kg hes plenty big enough to play first ruck in time. i think the knock on him here is does he have the ticker to play as a ruckman.

hes a little like derickx in the fact he was drafted as a mature recruit at age 21. unlike derickx
he managed 8 games in  his first yr 2008.  and like i said filled the second ruck role nicely in 2009 his second yr playing 19 games and showing real upside.
2010 2 games injury.
2011 21 games and a very decent season 96 marks, 18 possesions a game 10 goals and 16 h/o per game as the back up ruckman. nothing to be sneezed at.
2012 was a struggle with ijury managing just 7 games and looking very ordinary at times. another tall ruckman/for called vickery struggled in 2012 with injury and looked terrible.
would give him a try for the right price.

.............................Pass.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1681 on: October 21, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »
Jacko is a required player. Midfield struggles with depth as it is. I can't see the club even considering trading him. Lets make our midfield weaker. Nice one Bigfooty  8)

Oh dear  :gobdrop

Another Madtiger 'gem' to add to the highlights reel.

Keep em coming Big Man  :clapping

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1682 on: October 21, 2012, 06:49:39 PM »
Jacko is a required player. Midfield struggles with depth as it is. I can't see the club even considering trading him. Lets make our midfield weaker. Nice one Bigfooty  8)

Are you seriously suggesting that if the Saints came knocking at the door and offered pick 13 you'd say "sorry no thanks he's a required player"

Please!!!!!

If any team offered a pick in the top 20 for a player like Jackson then the RFC would be considered derelict in its duty to to take it IMHO.

I'd trade him for free and drive him to Seaford.

And I'll pony up for the fuel.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1683 on: October 21, 2012, 07:04:46 PM »

Coach, we need your Gif again  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1684 on: October 21, 2012, 07:11:39 PM »
Combined rumours from BF:

"OK based on the chatter going on this weekend here is what we should be keeping an eye out for this week:

1. Post being traded to Brisbane or Saints.
2. Jackson being traded to Saints.
3. Richmond looking to improve draft picks into the top 35."

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trades-and-free-agency-talk-pt2.977103/page-65#post-26161284

I thought we didn't care about other sites :fishing
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1685 on: October 21, 2012, 07:23:58 PM »
Combined rumours from BF:

"OK based on the chatter going on this weekend here is what we should be keeping an eye out for this week:

1. Post being traded to Brisbane or Saints.
2. Jackson being traded to Saints.
3. Richmond looking to improve draft picks into the top 35."

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trades-and-free-agency-talk-pt2.977103/page-65#post-26161284

I thought we didn't care about other sites :fishing

hahaha bang
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1686 on: October 21, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1687 on: October 21, 2012, 08:02:01 PM »

Are you seriously suggesting that if the Saints came knocking at the door and offered pick 13 you'd say "sorry no thanks he's a required player"

Please!!!!!

If any team offered a pick in the top 20 for a player like Jackson then the RFC would be considered derelict in its duty to to take it IMHO.

I'd trade him for free and drive him to Seaford.

And I'll pony up for the fuel.

I'll pack his lunch for the trip. 1pkt burger rings, 1 x carrot sandwich and a can of fanta.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1688 on: October 21, 2012, 11:30:37 PM »
Kosi and Raph Clarke for Jacko is the mail.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1689 on: October 21, 2012, 11:49:38 PM »

Yeah from the Saints Board at BF :lol wishfully thinking of there behalf I would have thought ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1690 on: October 21, 2012, 11:59:15 PM »

Yeah from the Saints Board at BF :lol wishfully thinking of there behalf I would have thought ;D

Imagine they're right

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1691 on: October 22, 2012, 12:08:25 AM »

Imagine they're right

I cant.......Not yet :help

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1692 on: October 22, 2012, 12:17:39 AM »
Not sure the Aints even have 1 good player.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1693 on: October 22, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »

Never gets old.  :lol

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1694 on: October 22, 2012, 02:56:24 AM »
St Kilda leads the charge for Gold Coast ruckman Hickey, 21, but has been told the price is a first-round draft selection. St Kilda has picks 13, 25, 37, 46 and 57, but while Gold Coast wants pick 13, the Saints believe 25 might get them their man.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/department-of-trades/st-kilda-stuck-in-trade-jam-over-bids-for-mitch-brown-and-tom-hickey/story-fn69a32t-1226500267529

If Adelaide persists with chasing White to increase forward options around Taylor Walker, the Crows would need to cut a contracted player. The leading contender appears midfielder Richard Tambling.

Port Adelaide will enter the last week of trade talks still searching for a key defender. New coach Ken Hinkley's notes from Geelong could influence a move on Cats defender Tom Gillies.

Ben Jacobs' wish to be traded to North Melbourne may put Kangaroos defender Luke Delaney before the Power.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/department-of-trades/adelaide-crows-facing-a-new-kurt-tippett-dilemma/story-fn69a32t-1226500277446

St Kilda's Farren Ray is likely to be traded to Melbourne.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/eagles-saints-wont-budge-20121021-27zhn.html#ixzz29wvtc53y

Josh Toy has reportedly toured the Western Bulldogs facilities this weekend, and met with coaches and staff.

http://www.facebook.com/theafloffseason