Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]  (Read 259111 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]
« Reply #390 on: September 12, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
SNIP  :banghead :banghead

Mrakov: A number people found it offensive and not funny

Keep it off the forum
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #391 on: September 12, 2012, 10:45:29 PM »

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #392 on: September 12, 2012, 10:47:29 PM »
Gotta love trade week rumours. Bring on trade week radio.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #393 on: September 12, 2012, 10:52:41 PM »
Would take Gizzards.....Get it done Tigers :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #394 on: September 12, 2012, 11:25:36 PM »
GOLD Coast has no intention of handing Josh Caddy over lightly, and will again demand a high trade price for the homesick 19-year-old.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/147548/default.aspx

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #395 on: September 13, 2012, 04:59:30 AM »
Tom Gillies might try get out of Geelong again, seeing as after being promised more game time, only played 5 games this season.  :shh

Surely he is a dud. Can't be that bloody good if he can't sneak in for more than 5 games a season. I liked him when I saw him play because of his beard. Not sure you draft blokes based on their beards though
dunno if he is a dud or not but a pretty hard gig to get a game in front of taylor scarlett and lonergan coach. hes probably been in direct competition with scarlett for a game.

True. But he's a fairly mature age and he's come into the side quite a few times and failed to hold his spot.

the claw

« Reply #396 on: September 13, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »
Tom Gillies might try get out of Geelong again, seeing as after being promised more game time, only played 5 games this season.  :shh

Surely he is a dud. Can't be that bloody good if he can't sneak in for more than 5 games a season. I liked him when I saw him play because of his beard. Not sure you draft blokes based on their beards though
dunno if he is a dud or not but a pretty hard gig to get a game in front of taylor scarlett and lonergan coach. hes probably been in direct competition with scarlett for a game.
fair enough only question i would have is has he performed okay at afl when played.
he looks to be more of a kel moore type of player at 87kg not big enough to regularly take on the big kpfs.taylor and lonergan have had that job in recent yrs and scarlett has mopped up.
when he was first drafted geelong had similar types in milburn and rooke and harley was running around.
they have a good record with tall defenders mat egan is another whose career was ruined by injury. i dont think they would hang onto a bloke for 4 yrs if they didnt think he could play.
reckon hes one who is just starved of opportunity hes only 22 and been around 4 yrs in their system. think he wanted out last yr and geelong insisted he was required.

would have thought hes exactly the type of player blair hartley is supposed to be looking at. a player with talent but not getting a game.is sort of a jeremy laidler type with his size.

while talking tall defenders who do we actually have who are  genuine tall defenders.not including tall forwards who may or may not become decent defenders.

rance, grimes, post to me thats it havent thrown mcguane in there as hes been a liability down back for yrs.

would be great to see some genuine depth in this area.

add  chaplin gillies, lee and rookie a mature player like kyle hartigan to rance, grimes, post, and you suddenly have real depth of genuine tall defenders.

it leaves us free to develop what tall forwards we do have as forwards. the following are first and foremost forwards.

riewoldt, griffiths, astbury, elton, vickery, and with tom lee as the genuine kpd/kpf the right numbers with all bar maybe elton ready to make a contribution.
imo we dont really need to draft tall forwards we have enough  and just need to develop them. we could probably do with a mature forward to help jack and cover if he got hurt in the short term.
its down back we should be targeting.

True. But he's a fairly mature age and he's come into the side quite a few times and failed to hold his spot.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #397 on: September 13, 2012, 12:31:45 PM »
Richmond wont sign any big names at all. Chaplin and Knights is it unfortunately.

You dont call that big :lol....chappy top 4 in best and fairest

Equal 4th with guns such as Westhoff and Cassisi :lol

Just laughed out loud in a public place after reading this and then realised people were crossing the street to get past me. Coach you are a bad influence on my life!  ;D

dwaino

« Reply #398 on: September 13, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »
Richmond wont sign any big names at all. Chaplin and Knights is it unfortunately.

Just laughed out loud in a public place after reading this and then realised people were crossing the street to get past me. Coach you are a bad influence on my life!  ;D

Nah they were just crossing the street to ask BJ about Dea  :shh

gerkin greg

« Reply #399 on: September 13, 2012, 12:38:47 PM »
 :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #400 on: September 13, 2012, 12:50:44 PM »

What can I say? I am a leader of men. Good to know you appreciate me because I certainly enjoy your work as well  :cheers

Nah they were just crossing the street to ask BJ about Dea  :shh

:lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #401 on: September 13, 2012, 02:08:56 PM »
Anyone for Gumbleton.....?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: September 13, 2012, 02:29:45 PM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: September 13, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »
Anyone for Gumbleton.....?
Nah

Didn't think so.

Considering we struggle with depth in the forward line it wouldn't be worth taking an injury prone player, IMO